Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Santana Moss received HGH from accused Canadian doctor, sources say

JimmiJo

Guest Spearfeather

I really hope this isn't true, as Moss is one of my favorite players on the team. If he was getting treatment from this doctor, but wasn't getting HGH, then he should have nothing to worry about.

Moss definately wasn't the first name to come to mind when I first heard the news.

Guest Spearfeather
No man Im def serious...the dude is on a major decline. 2005 was a long time ago...If Moss needs to take PEDs to put up a 900 yard season, he's pretty much done.

He also had a QB in 2005 who could hit him deep more than once every blue moon. I'm not following you on the " major decline " statement. He had a pretty good year in 2008. Moss is far from done.

all im saying is back when i was younger...i did stupid stuff (im still stupid but ..) i used to smoke weed and work in the oil industry.... i smoked every day...and never failed a urine test..and thats over a 6 year period where you get drug tested all the time.

i had boss' that respected me and didnt want to lose my work ethic but knew what i did and would tell me "hey we got a drug test in a couple days ..so clean up"

same thing in sports..sometimes ya get caught but its nothing new to learn players are doing steroids

Imho, he sounds pretty guilty.

Agreeing to talk about football only today, screams of guilt.

If he wasn't guilty, he would have no problems answering questions about the topic.

Just come out and admit it, and take your medicine.(no pun intended)

I justify bad behavior by not giving a ****.

I really don't care if everyone on the team is juiced up like East German track stars in 1982.

I was just making a point. I actually agree with you. I say let 'em all do it and let's see how superhuman humans can become. See the most amazing feats of athletes ever!

Dude, did you even read that PDF?

Nowhere does it mention August 12th in relation to any of the witnesses or HGH given on a certain date.

None of the witnesses (2 current football players) said they knowingly received HGH. It's possible that this is true -- IF you tell your doc that you just want him to give you treatment and leave the details up to him. It gives you some deniability.

Also, Washington (as a city) is mentioned nowhere in this article although given the details Witness #1 is likely Moss.

Galea said he was doing knee injections for cartilage regrowth (and some contained HGH). It's likely that the players had HGH delivered for injury healing though.

I never said that was in that pdf. That one simply states that at the time she was arrested she was entering the U.S. and headed to Washington to meet a professional football player with HGH in her possesion. The first PDF is the U.S. court documents, and has only the testimony of three witness who used his services and a basic statement by the woman. I don't believe Moss is one of the witnesses that they refer to in the Buffalo charges.

Player A met with Galea on August 12th for what was believed to be an HGH ****tail/vitamin drip.

The statement I referred to is in this pdf. This is from Canadien court documents where the woman gives more detailed statements about individual meetings on certain dates in certain cities. According to this there is also another player, "Player T" who is from Washington and received an Actovegin treatment/Vitamin Drip but not an HGH treatment on September 3rd.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0518/galea1.pdf

The Washington Post story is quoted as saying

"Washington Redskins receiver Santana Moss was among the professional athletes who received human growth hormone from Canadian doctor Anthony Galea, according to two sources familiar with the investigation"

According to my logic, if the Post story is accurate, that would mean that Santana is Player A and not Player T. Also, I feel that had he unknowingly been treated with HGH then when questioned he would have acknowledged that he felt he had been decieved by Dr. Galea rather then refusing to speak about it.

If I'm not mistaken that quote about just wanting to talk football was taken before the news broke out that he was involved.

Still suspicious, regardless of the timing.

If I asked you about some doctor you had never done anything with, you would immediately come out and deny it, and then answer any further questions about it.

He doesn't want to talk about it, because he has something to hide.

And I would rather not watch him lie for the next month, over and over. If he is guilty, just man up and admit it.

I say if he, or ANY player on the 'skins are using performance enhancing drugs and are caught, they should pay a stiff penalty. Just because a lot of players do it, doesn't make it right or acceptable. I am definitely surprised it was Moss, I was leaning towards Chris Samuels. Glad I was wrong.

Cutting Moss would hurt us, but to me it's like stealing from the league, if others are playing by the rules and he is not. Drug tests should be mandatory for every player in the league for 20+ games a year.

Sucks to be a Redskin today......

Ok Brian Kenny on SC just said the Feds have ruled out prosecuting ANY players on the list no link or proof of that of course but that is what is being reported. ....so if True at least Santana doesn't have that to worry about that headache.

Out here on sports radio it is being reported that this doctor had 3 clients of notoriety-Santana Moss, Tiger Woods and A-Rod. Hmm....if he is found guilty Shanny should cut him. Barry Bonds found out that after taking some of these drugs his body gave him a boost for a while but at the end of his career his body broke down more. Now Moss may experience that same trend with his body breaking down with more nagging injuries.

I hope it's not true. If it is true, I want this guy off my team, ASAP.

I don't know anymore than you do, but even if it was true I don't think it reflects negatively on Moss. If you'll recall he is coming back from an injury and surgery. While it's not technically legal for him to use HGH, I don't personally see anything morally or ethically wrong with using HGH to recover from an injury and get back to normal. It's not like he was turning himself into David Boston.

I don't personally see anything morally or ethically wrong with using HGH to recover from an injury and get back to normal.

I don't know where you are from, but I was taught as early as I can remember, that cheating is wrong. Period.

Using HGH is cheating. If Moss is guilty, he needs to be cut.

"I ain't got nothing to do with nothing that ain't about me."

? I guess Hooked on Phonics didn't work for him...

I don't think there should be a suspension here, since it's just sources saying Santana bought HGH from this doctor and we haven't seen anything concrete. Even if he does, it can't be a 4-gamer like Brian Cushings', since the guy actually tested positive for something.

I hope it's not true. If it is true, I want this guy off my team, ASAP.

I hope it's not true too but I don't agree about getting rid of him.

I'm one of those guys that believes roids and HGH are done by most athletes in all sports. There are millions of $'s for these athletes that are the best in their sport. My kids tell me about their friends that do them in high school just to make their teams. It just seem to be a part of society today and yesteryear.

These players are almost forced to take them just to be able to compete against the cheaters that do take them.

Archived