Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something cool thread

Bang

So zip ties?  I like the idea, but that video makes it look a lot easier than I'm sure it would be in reality.  Amazing how none of those wounds are bleeding.  I would expect a gash that large to bleed, and make application of the adhesive difficult.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, China said:

So zip ties?  I like the idea, but that video makes it look a lot easier than I'm sure it would be in reality.  Amazing how none of those wounds are bleeding.  I would expect a gash that large to bleed, and make application of the adhesive difficult.

Sutures/stitches are normally done once bleeding is controlled.

10 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

As someone who's cut themselves seriously a few times, that sounds good, but unless you're at a clinic and this is being done by professionals, it's not always easy to stop the bleeding.  Doesn't look like something simple to use at home, which seems like what it's being advertised for, or why else are we watching it?  Doctor's get all kinds of new technologies.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

the video seemed to indicate that you could use them on the trail down hill mountain bike riding; like if you fell off your bike and get a gash you carry them in your first aid kit like a band aid….

1 hour ago, China said:

The video says you have to wash the wound and control the bleeding first.

35 minutes ago, China said:

As someone who's cut themselves seriously a few times, that sounds good, but unless you're at a clinic and this is being done by professionals, it's not always easy to stop the bleeding.  Doesn't look like something simple to use at home, which seems like what it's being advertised for, or why else are we watching it?  Doctor's get all kinds of new technologies.

As an EMT, I can tell you that you can stop bleeding even in cuts that need stitches, at home or in the field.  Obviously you're hoping you're in a spot where you only need a few.  I don't think they are recommending them for open heart surgery in the field.

34 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

the video seemed to indicate that you could use them on the trail down hill mountain bike riding; like if you fell off your bike and get a gash you carry them in your first aid kit like a band aid….

Yea.  See above comment.

Chicago to NYC in 2.5 hours with no airports.

China’s New 373 MPH Bullet Train Is Now the World’s Fastest Land Vehicle

China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation's maglev bullet train

It took a couple years, but the world’s new fastest train has finally pulled into the station.

China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation unveiled the production version of its maglev bullet train in Qingdao on Tuesday, reports Reuters. State media says the train has a top speed of 373 mph, or close to half the speed of sound (767.29 mph).

That speed doesn’t just make it the fastest train in the world, it makes it the fastest land vehicle period. The bullet train is able to travel at such high speeds because of magnetic levitation. The technology uses electro-magnetic force to levitate the body of the vehicle less than two inches from the rails and propel it forward along the tracks. By riding on a cushion of air, friction is drastically reduced, allowing it to travel faster than traditional trains where wheels and rails are constantly in contact. Although China has made use of the technology for a couple decades now, it’s only ever been used at very limited scale.

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/china-maglev-bullet-train-worlds-fastest-373-mph-1234626070/

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1