Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Bruce Campbell fall to the 4th round?

Deadeye Dunkan

Does anyone know positions of need for the 4 teams ahead of us in the 4th round?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-position-input:rb/dt-by-team-input:stl

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-position-input:rb/dt-by-team-input:min

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-position-input:rb/dt-by-team-input:tb

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-position-input:rb/dt-by-team-input:hou

Only team that doesn't need o-line help is houston. Tampa Bay is desperate for o-line help. St Louis just drafted a tackle and have alex barron, who is ok, so they probably don't go for another OT when they have so many other needs. I think MN is plenty happy with McKinnie and Loadholt, so I don't see them going OT. Really just pray TB either favors Capers or are in love with Reshad Jones or one of the other 3 very solid safety prospects left, though they may have drafted Myron Lewis to play safety. TB may feel ok about o-line because they only gave up 33 sacks, but their tackles are really bad.

"St Louis just drafted a tackle and have alex barron"

they took J Smith last year

"Really just pray TB either favors Capers or are in love with Reshad Jones or one of the other 3 very solid safety prospects left, though they may have drafted Myron Lewis to play safety. TB may feel ok about o-line because they only gave up 33 sacks, but their tackles are really bad."

most pundits think TB is fine at OT

Campbell though wont be a quick solution and wont see time till next year.

Even if there is an injury most likely Heyer would play.

At any tackle spot Left or Right.

LT - Williams

RT - Flozell

If our left tackle gets injured Flozell moves to LT and Heyer starts on the right side.

"St Louis just drafted a tackle and have alex barron"

they took J Smith last year

"Really just pray TB either favors Capers or are in love with Reshad Jones or one of the other 3 very solid safety prospects left, though they may have drafted Myron Lewis to play safety. TB may feel ok about o-line because they only gave up 33 sacks, but their tackles are really bad."

most pundits think TB is fine at OT

Both Alex Barron and Donald Penn may not be with their respective teams after the 2010 season. When you consider that Bruce Campbell will probably need a year or two to develop, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Tampa or St. Louis considers him.

Both Alex Barron and Donald Penn may not be with their respective teams after the 2010 season. When you consider that Bruce Campbell will probably need a year or two to develop, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Tampa or St. Louis considers him.

"they took J Smith last year"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/jason-smith?id=71471

then Saffold today

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/rodger-saffold?id=497048

tampa is the apex

tampa is the apex

I am thinking Tampa is considering Campbell also but I am hoping they are looking at taking a WR, if we dont pick Ricky Sapp or Campbell with the 4th I am going to be so disappointed, both would be great additions to the roster.

Makes me so mad we dealt away our 3rd rounder last year for Jarmon.

i dont know why you guys have Flozell penciled in at RT... dude I rather go with Heyer or another rookie at that RT spot than Flozell.. he has lost too many steps...

I agree.

The Cowboys cut him for a reason, and it is probably the same reason the Redskins cut Jansen.

Campbell though wont be a quick solution and wont see time till next year.

Even if there is an injury most likely Heyer would play.

At any tackle spot Left or Right.

LT - Williams

RT - Flozell

If our left tackle gets injured Flozell moves to LT and Heyer starts on the right side.

Did I miss something? You sound as if Flozell is already on the Skins

With Campbell still on the board, I am really looking forward to tommorow. If he falls to us, we have to take him, don't we?

have to? I wouldn't go that far. Who knows what our FO thinks of him. I think he is an intriguing prospect, but he has continued to slide.

OK maybe not have to, but he is certainly one of the best players available at this point, and he could add depth to our very shallow tackle pool. I will be shocked and disappointed if he is still on the board when we pick and we do not take him.

I'm surprised Bruce Campbell fell as far as he did. I'd like to see the Redskins draft him. If he's available when the Redskins go back on the clock, I have a feeling that the Redskins will take him.

A tandem of Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell would be dynamite. But one will have to play on the right side. I would assume Campbell would be on the right side while Williams remains on the left to protect McNabb's blindside.

OK maybe not have to, but he is certainly one of the best players available at this point, and he could add depth to our very shallow tackle pool. I will be shocked and disappointed if he is still on the board when we pick and we do not take him.

It depends on whether it makes a difference to them that they already drafted a tackle on Day One. In the Vinny era drafting a tackle would have meant no more that year. Who knows what their pattern is now?

It depends on whether it makes a difference to them that they already drafted a tackle on Day One. In the Vinny era drafting a tackle would have meant no more that year. Who knows what their pattern is now?
Yeah but Vinny had no problem drafting nothing but wideouts one season. :ols:

I'm surprised Bruce Campbell fell as far as he did. I'd like to see the Redskins draft him. If he's available when the Redskins go back on the clock, I have a feeling that the Redskins will take him.

A tandem of Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell would be dynamite. But one will have to play on the right side. I would assume Campbell would be on the right side while Williams remains on the left to protect McNabb's blindside.

+1 :cheers:

Archived