Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Bruce Campbell fall to the 4th round?

Deadeye Dunkan

Even if he fell, how much could he contribute right away?

well with a 4th rounder, you're gonna need to coach em up anyway. We need OL and Bruce Campbell would be great to have.

with that said i'd be fine with this lineup

LT Trent Williams

LG Derrick Dockery

C Casey Rabach

RG Chad Rhinehart/ Artis Hicks/ Mike Williams

RT Stephon Heyer/ Bruce Campbell

From what I hear he is a very bad tackle who is very good at lifting weights. I say we sign flozell as a stopgap and get the right tackle next year.

He played well enough to earn a 2nd round grade by most scouts. Sure, some of it was from his athleticism, but he also was not a horrible player.

Campbell>Heyer

thin air>>>>>>>>heyer

i didnt think he would last into the 4th, if he's there when we pick, i hope we pick him. he's inexperienced and raw, but his upside is ridiculously high. i think its worth the gamble, almost all 4th round picks are gambles anyway.

I think Bruce would be a great project at RT, especially for the ZBS. However, I think Cam Thomas would be a great pickup in the 4th round for the NT depth. I would then look for Sam Young in the 5th who is very durable and smart. Just a different scenario. Guys I would watch in the next few rounds.

Campbell, Cam Thomas, Sam Young, Lagerette Blount, Joe McKnight, Selvish Capers, Ciron Black, Roderick Muckelroy and Darryl Sharpton. AND what if Dan Lefevour falls out of the draft. What a steal that would be as a UDFA.

I kinda think Tampa Bay may draft him. Their tackles are almost as bad as ours and they haven't done anything to address the position yet.

Possible, there are a few guys ahead of us (possible trades too). I think Campbell would be solid in Shanny's system. I'm excited at the possibility, so he'll get picked just before us or will skip over him. :ols:

I think we need a center. Who's after Rabach?

Edwin Williams is our back up center if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't to keen on Campbell, he gave me a Mike Mamula vibe but that was as a 1st or 2nd rounder. In the fourth round, he'd be a good pick.

I do like Myron Rolle. I think if he wasn't so smart he would have been drafted by now. It's a shame when your intelligence is considered a negative.

Edwin Williams is our back up center if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't to keen on Campbell, he gave me a Mike Mamula vibe but that was as a 1st or 2nd rounder. In the fourth round, he'd be a good pick.

I do like Myron Rolle. I think if he wasn't so smart he would have been drafted by now. It's a shame when your intelligence is considered a negative.

I think Lictenstein (something like that) was a G/C that Shanny drafted in the 4th a few years ago. He could be the backup C.

It's not his intelligence, it's the fact that he was out of football for intellectual pursuits. Intelligence is always a positive... being rusty is not. Either way, he's not a good fit for us. We need someone with range if we go safety.

Archived