Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NBA Finals - Congrats Lakers

ixcuincle

westbrook is abusing fisher whenever he chooses

He will continue to struggle with the quicker point guards like in last year's playoffs. Mitch needs to make a move for next season to get a quicker point guard who can defend. Only thing is, he has to fit Phil's scheme.

He will continue to struggle with the quicker point guards like in last year's playoffs. Mitch needs to make a move for next season to get a quicker point guard who can defend. Only thing is, he has to fit Phil's scheme.

Yep. But unfortunately, there aren't any good free agent point guards this year besides Steve Nash, who's older than Fisher. He's better, yeah, but I don't know how much longer his career will last.

The downfall of the Thunder like Mike Breen just said is there lack of a shooting guard.. they need someone who can be ready to catch and shoot ala a Ray Allen or Rip hamilton type player

They have James Harden... They need size on the front line. I could see them overpaying for Haywood this summer.

^ la la la la la I can't heaaaar you. :)

Are the Suns really gonna be the only home team to lose Game 1? And to a Brandon Roy-less Blazers team? :rotflmao:

And that's not the first time this year the Blazers have beaten the Suns without Roy. The Suns are an embarrassment.

They have James Harden... They need size on the front line. I could see them overpaying for Haywood this summer.

The OP had it right. They really lack a guy that can knock down the 3. That's definitely their most pressing need. That team has the potential to be scary in a year or two though.

But what's up with the Thunder's uniforms? The colors are ok. But having "Oklahoma City" bunched up at the top looks so ghey. They look like jerseys from the NBA developmental league or something.

It wont matter.

They can win the East. They still won't win the title.

IMO, both the Cavs and the Magic are better than any team the Lakers will face in the playoffs, so if somehow Boston did get by those two teams, facing the Lakers would actually be like taking a breather.

Can't criticize NBA officials OR ELSE

Round 1 went to David Stern on Thursday night when the NBA commissioner went Dirty Harry style and dared coaches and players to "make my day" by publicly criticizing game officials. He said they risked not just a fine but a suspension.

On Friday, Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson fought back.

"I think when you start throwing one- and two-game suspensions in the threats, I think that means a lot to both ball clubs and coaches," Jackson said at Lakers practice. "It seems awful heavy-handed to me, but David is one who isn't shy about being heavy-handed."

Jackson framed his comments about the Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant's free-throw shooting made prior to the series as trying to gain a competitive edge, while Stern described them as "corrosive."

"There's a certain gamesmanship that goes on that obviously he feels cheapens the game," Jackson continued. "It never was explained to us until it suddenly came down in this last week that arbitrarily they were going to do this. I missed the coaches meeting last September. Maybe they explained it in the coaches meeting last year because they said there was a couple instances last year when I think it was [stan] Van Gundy and [Rick] Adelman were fined during the playoffs for statements that led to manipulating the press, I guess is the best way I can say it.

Archived