Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins haven't talked to Titans about Haynesworth

dfbovey

Awww lets keep giving them stuff to talk about DT Howard Green visiting today .. he 6'2 320 pounds

Veteran free agent defensive tackle Howard Green continues his visit with the Washington Redskins today, according to an NFL source with knowledge of the situation. Green, 31, is a 6-foot-2, 320-pound former LSU player who was drafted in the sixth round in the 2002 NFL draft by the Houston Texans. He played last season for the New York Jets and has previous stints with the Seattle Seahawks, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints and the Baltimore Ravens, in a dozen games last season with the Jets, who made it to the AFC championship game, Green recorded 23 tackles.

Sounds like a scrub

"Here's the deal. If the Titans truly have no interest in Haynesworth, they can say so, loudly and clearly, without running afoul of the tampering rules. Fisher didn't. And that means the door is still open, even if by only a crack."

Great reporting style there. I still cannot for the life of me figure how this tool ended up getting a gig with NBC.

It's funny. Any negative articles about Haynesworth, even if they are completely false, jump to about 10 pages instantly, but this is yet another positive article about Haynesworth, with hardly any discussion in here.

Other articles include: Redskins stating they are not looking to trade Haynesworth, Haynesworth is really a caring guy, and Haynesworth stating he is fine playing in the 3-4.

So, I wonder, is the board over-flowing with Drama Queens who can only focus on and exaggerate the negative? Or is it all just coincidence?

:silly:

I think majority of people have realized it's all been a bunch of BS media speculation so the topic has kinda died. I'm just relieved the people saying "Trade Haynesworth for a 4th rounder" have quieted down.

Al isn't going anywhere. And I never understood all the hate pft gets. I love that site.

Because people get their panties in bunch over stupid crap. Imagine a rumor site isn't always correct. I know it is shocking.

It is only tampering if the Titans contacted AH or his agent without permission of the skins. How is a confirming a rumor that the two coaches talked tampering? Or denying the said conversation between the coaches covering up for tampering?

The comments below were better than the article:ols::ols:.Here's one of the postsI liked the most

I hate the fact that Reid can play "RI superero" and make guys believe that that Campbell or Andre Carter is a sympathetic figure and Portis or Haynesworth is the face of evil.

Reid counts on the dense thinking of some of the fans to stir the sh*t pot.

His act has been played for a little bit now.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 14, 2010 11:28 AM

It is only tampering if the Titans contacted AH or his agent without permission of the skins. How is a confirming a rumor that the two coaches talked tampering? Or denying the said conversation between the coaches covering up for tampering?

I'm lost on the tampering angle as well lol. How would Fisher and Shanahan/Allen discussing the possibility of a trade for Haynesworth be the equivalent of tampering? Why would Fisher need to claim he never talked to Shanahan in order to avoid any possibility of tampering charges? Has that been explained yet?

Fisher hasn't remained the head coach of the Titans for 16 years without being really, really smart. And he's smart enough to not give the Redskins (or anyone else) ammunition to argue that, in the end, the Titans are hypocrites.

Well, being considered a liar by insiders isn't any better. The most amazing thing here is the 16 years as head coach of the Titans. It doesn't seem that he's been there that long.

If I'm BA, I offer AC and AH for their 1st.

They need a DT like it's nobody's business and they lost VandenBosch...

Their recent success has been due to their defense. If you take that away, they fall apart. It's a deal they have to make IMO.

He took it from The Tennessean...

are you out of your mind?

If I'm BA, I offer AC and AH for their 1st.

They need a DT like it's nobody's business and they lost VandenBosch...

Their recent success has been due to their defense. If you take that away, they fall apart. It's a deal they have to make IMO.

He took it from The Tennessean...

Woah! Woah! Haynesworth, alone, isnt worth their first rounder... (in my opinion, of course)

edit: is there a way to end the "media problem" we have? wtf?

Has anyone got an explination how Haynesworth is being touted as being worth a 3rd round pick while Gaither is supposedly worth a high 2nd?

Haynesworth should easily be worth a high 1st.

Supposedly is the key word here. But yeah, I would imagine that the Redskins would at LEAST be able to get what the Dolphins gave away for Brandon Marshall if they traded Haynesworth.

Archived