Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins haven't talked to Titans about Haynesworth

dfbovey

Supposedly is the key word here. But yeah, I would imagine that the Redskins would at LEAST be able to get what the Dolphins gave away for Brandon Marshall if they traded Haynesworth.

Not really. Haynesworth doesn't fill stadiums(with fans). The signing of Marshall with the Dolphins suggests they'll actually have an exciting offense or something close to it. Fans don't go crazy over Fatboys.

Not really. Haynesworth doesn't fill stadiums(with fans). The signing of Marshall with the Dolphins suggests they'll actually have an exciting offense or something close to it. Fans don't go crazy over Fatboys.

I don't think most trades are made with what the fans think in mind. The majority of trades are made to improve the football team on the field. DT is considered by most GMs to be a much more important position on the roster than WR.

The Skins are NOT actively shopping Haynesworth, therefore they will NOT be contacting other teams. I'm sure they will entertain offers if other teams come calling or his name may come up during discussions regarding trades for other players, as it did with McNabb, but our FO is going going out looking for picks for him.

What drives me crazy is the casual fan thinks we should trade Al at any cost. If we get rid of him and even get a high first we would probably have to replace him with that pick so we save absolutely nothing. I understand the issues about him not being here to work out and it bothers me too. But, at some point you have to realize the player you have in Haynesworth. He is an elite DT and when motivated the most dominate defensive player in the game. You dont just trade these guys because they miss voluntary training sessions.

Archived