Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN John Clayton: Campbell speculation (Bills and Raiders)

dfbovey

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to be traded to the Raiders.

same haha, but to be honest I would be very happy to see campbell make the raiders into a winner by using heyward-bey, mcfadden/bush, and whoever else Al Davis drafts to run 4.2 40's down the sideline for JC.

If we get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him, id be satisfied. Not happy, because I think hes worth more, but content I guess, because thats all we can probably get now that everyone knows Mcnabb is starting

same haha, but to be honest I would be very happy to see campbell make the raiders into a winner by using heyward-bey, mcfadden/bush, and whoever else Al Davis drafts to run 4.2 40's down the sideline for JC.

If we get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him, id be satisfied. Not happy, because I think hes worth more, but content I guess, because thats all we can probably get now that everyone knows Mcnabb is starting

Hes worth a 4th. Well get a 5th. How the hell is he worth more than a 3rd? lol, McNabb was traded for a 2nd.

Hes worth a 4th. Well get a 5th. How the hell is he worth more than a 3rd? lol, McNabb was traded for a 2nd.

A second and probably a third. It's a third or a fourth conditional. I figure unless the conditions are he gets us to the Super Bowl it'll end up being a third.

That's why he's worth a third, cause it's just one pick.

He's 5 years younger than McNabb, so his long term value is greater.

And I think the Redskins can do better than a 4th or 5th by having a little patience. I know they need draft picks right now, but unless someone offers up a 2nd rounder, they should wait until training camp to see of another team loses their QB due to injury. That's probably the only way they will get a 2nd round pick.

If not, keep him on the roster. Wouldn't be so bad having perhaps the best backup in the NFL in case McNabb gets hurt, which he's been prone to do. He's missed at least 2 games in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, although in 2008 it was because he was benched.

I meant worth more as in he should be a better player than a 4th round pick. If he had a good OL I think he would be a very good QB, but unfortunately thats not the case so he gets pressured all the time and didnt have many opportunities to really show himself, so yeah hes now only worth a 4th or so. And if the Bills/Raiders give up a 5th round pick to get a starting QB, they are getting a bargain too, most teams arent lucky enough to get a "quality" starting quarterback with a 4th or 5th round pick.

At this point I think we take what we can get, 4th or 5th would be reasonable 2nd or 3rd would be fantastic. The thing with Campbell is that although the well documented OL problems and changes to playbooks etc have not helped; this doesn't disguise the fact he has many shortcomings such as a holding onto the ball too long and staring down receivers etc. This is the reason teams aren't exactly knocking the door down to get to him.

I'm not a JC hater but don't think he has done enough to deserve another shot and I am excited to see some real leadership added to the position. JC is unhappy as he knows his time if finally up (despite all the political talk by Shanahan) and so it makes sense for him to get a fresh start away from DC and not fester on the bench.

For all its problems Oakland would be a good option, after all he will look like a world beater after their recent QB debacles...... :)

Can someone answer this: If Campbell can't be traded, and he stays with the skins(I think he was tenderd as a 1st round)then he leaves after next season as a free agent don't the skins get a 3rd round compensation pick for losing him? If so why would they trade him for anything less than a 3rd round pick?

Considering what Al is paying DUHmarcus (and the lack of what he is getting from him) JC is more than an upgrade. People can bash JC all they want but he will do well in Oakland, he has a lot to work with there.

I would offer JC, a late pick for their corner N.A. (not gonna butcher the dudes name).

Considering what Al is paying DUHmarcus (and the lack of what he is getting from him) JC is more than an upgrade. People can bash JC all they want but he will do well in Oakland, he has a lot to work with there.

I would offer JC, a late pick for their corner N.A. (not gonna butcher the dudes name).

Guys give it up - not even the Raiders are going to move Asomugha in exchange for JC and a 'late pick'. Nor are they going to give us a 2nd round pick for him.

A 4th round pick is about right anything less and he probably has more value to us competing for the backup role with Rex.

Can someone answer this: If Campbell can't be traded, and he stays with the skins(I think he was tenderd as a 1st round)then he leaves after next season as a free agent don't the skins get a 3rd round compensation pick for losing him? If so why would they trade him for anything less than a 3rd round pick?

I think one of the major factors in compensatory picks (even though no one really knows the formula) is how big the FA contract is relative to that position. So since Dockery got like around a $50 million contract, it made him a highly paid OG and we got 3rd round compensation. Same with AH being the highest paid DT, the Titans got a 3rd.

So all that is to say that I don't think we would get a 3rd because JC won't have a big contract for his position. Next year will probably be a FA bonanza because of all the RFAs this offseason. Campbell will likely get a modest contract, especially if he spends this season on the bench, and we would get somewhere in the neighborhood of 5th round compensation.

Of course though, that's just my opinion because the compensatory pick formula is a secret.

Still, odds favor Campbell ending up in Oakland, where he could work with new offensive coordinator Hue Jackson.

Hue Jackson? Excuse me for a second...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry... :silly:

Hue Jackson? Excuse me for a second...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry... :silly:

How dare you blaspheme Hue Jackson

It would appear that with the raiders signing KB yesterday, that some of the bills fan on their message board have picked up on the fact that JC's value is on the decline. Buffalo could steal Campbell from Washington I recall checking in on their board a few weeks ago and most of the inmates there were not on board the JC train.

However, now with the idea that they may be able to pick him up on the cheap (4th or 5th pick), it would seem alot more the membership have warmed up to the idea (except for some poster named "TheProphet", who insists on referring to himself in the 3rd person, he's not a big fan of our once fearless leader).

As some have pointed out over there, we may want to keep an eye on what the bills do with their picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. If they don't pick up a QB in those rounds, a possible deal could be in the works for a JC trade by Saturday.

Boller signing in Oakland doesnt really impact Campbells value at all. Boller was only signed because Gradowski or whatever his name is got hurt and wont be able to play for a month. And its not like Boller signed a multi-year contract with any garaunteed money. he'll probably be cut in a month or two. Campbell would be an immense upgrade over either guy in Oakland. so the bills fans on that message board are retards. Campbell never had much of a market anyway, but the Boller signing hasnt hurt his market at all.

It would appear that with the raiders signing KB yesterday, that some of the bills fan on their message board have picked up on the fact that JC's value is on the decline. Buffalo could steal Campbell from Washington I recall checking in on their board a few weeks ago and most of the inmates there were not on board the JC train.

However, now with the idea that they may be able to pick him up on the cheap (4th or 5th pick), it would seem alot more the membership have warmed up to the idea (except for some poster named "TheProphet", who insists on referring to himself in the 3rd person, he's not a big fan of our once fearless leader).

As some have pointed out over there, we may want to keep an eye on what the bills do with their picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. If they don't pick up a QB in those rounds, a possible deal could be in the works for a JC trade by Saturday.

I think Buffalo is out. They'd be stupid to not take a QB in the 1st or 2nd. Oakland is still our best shot. What about the 49ers? Maybe the Cardinals? Maybe the Browns?

I think Buffalo is out. They'd be stupid to not take a QB in the 1st or 2nd. Oakland is still our best shot. What about the 49ers? Maybe the Cardinals? Maybe the Browns?

Browns signed Delhomme and traded for Seneca Wallace. No way they'll be interested. Cardinals? I'd rather go with Lineart/Anderson combo than to waste my time (or picks) with JC. The 49ers are sticking with Alex Smith at this point. He showed much improvement last year, so you can scratch JC off that list. They've also got David Carr as a backup.

Archived