Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN John Clayton: Campbell speculation (Bills and Raiders)

dfbovey

I think Buffalo is out. They'd be stupid to not take a QB in the 1st or 2nd. Oakland is still our best shot. What about the 49ers? Maybe the Cardinals? Maybe the Browns?

Assuming that there is a guy available to them to select, that is. There is no guarantee that Clausen will drop to them.

If we get very cynical and believe that JC is likely to go for a 5th or 6th round pick, then he could just as likely be taken by a team looking for a quality back-up instead of a starter. Among those teams are the Pats, Bengals, Texans, Colts, Chiefs, and Bears. He could even go to the Rams to start while their grooming Bradford. Right?

As some have pointed out over there, we may want to keep an eye on what the bills do with their picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. If they don't pick up a QB in those rounds, a possible deal could be in the works for a JC trade by Saturday.

I would think a 2nd or 3rd round QB would make JC more useful to them. Give them a cheap starter while they let the new guy learn. Chances aren't too high that a 2nd/3rd rounder is ready to start day 1...and definitely shouldn't be given the job.

I would think a 2nd or 3rd round QB would make JC more useful to them. Give them a cheap starter while they let the new guy learn. Chances aren't too high that a 2nd/3rd rounder is ready to start day 1...and definitely shouldn't be given the job.

I agree. I guess the question is, do the bills believe that JC is an upgrade over Edwards/Fitzpatrick?

Boller signing in Oakland doesnt really impact Campbells value at all. Boller was only signed because Gradowski or whatever his name is got hurt and wont be able to play for a month. And its not like Boller signed a multi-year contract with any garaunteed money. he'll probably be cut in a month or two. Campbell would be an immense upgrade over either guy in Oakland. so the bills fans on that message board are retards. Campbell never had much of a market anyway, but the Boller signing hasnt hurt his market at all.

Can't buy into your theory. Why didn't the Raiders take Campbell instead of Boller? I don't think Jason is in their plans.

Can't buy into your theory. Why didn't the Raiders take Campbell instead of Boller? I don't think Jason is in their plans.

It could all be a negotiating ploy, something to show that, no, we don't need to trade for your guy to lower his price. The Skins are doing it the other way, saying that they'd be willing to keep him and the fact that the playbook was sent to him to back up that statement.

It would appear that with the raiders signing KB yesterday, that some of the bills fan on their message board have picked up on the fact that JC's value is on the decline. Buffalo could steal Campbell from Washington I recall checking in on their board a few weeks ago and most of the inmates there were not on board the JC train.

However, now with the idea that they may be able to pick him up on the cheap (4th or 5th pick), it would seem alot more the membership have warmed up to the idea (except for some poster named "TheProphet", who insists on referring to himself in the 3rd person, he's not a big fan of our once fearless leader).

As some have pointed out over there, we may want to keep an eye on what the bills do with their picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. If they don't pick up a QB in those rounds, a possible deal could be in the works for a JC trade by Saturday.

I think JC goes off the market for this years draft at least at the end of the third round. Unless they off to throw in a second pick.

Personally I think even if the Skins decide they'd take a fourth they'd want it by the end of the second round so they could package it with their fourth rounder to get a third round pick.

Archived