Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With this trade, trading down is now the only option.

KevinthePRF

if we keep McNabb..

This means 1 of 2 things IMHO

1) we have trades already lined up for campbell and carter in exchange for draft picks..

or

2) we have a trade already lined up for our #4 so we can recoup more picks as we trade down...

Getting McNabb is a good thing but we do need some fresh young talent on the OL.

I figured he'd either retract his statement, or get awfully quiet. :ols:

Or maybe since the skins message board is overloaded i can't post...

I stand by my statement. McNabb is a lot like Campbell. Hes streaky, not very accurate, but has a big arm. Ask any Eagles fan and they will tell you one of McNabb's biggest problems is that he holds the ball too long. That will get him on IR by week 6 around here. He was injury prone behind the Eagles annually good-to-great offensive lines.

You will see flashes of Campbell when he plays next year. He is an upgrade but not one worth our 2nd round pick AND a 3rd/4th next year.

if we keep McNabb..

This means 1 of 2 things IMHO

1) we have trades already lined up for campbell and carter in exchange for draft picks..

or

2) we have a trade already lined up for our #4 so we can recoup more picks as we trade down...

Getting McNabb is a good thing but we do need some fresh young talent on the OL.

There is a third option, though I hope I'm wrong I'll toss it out there.

3) Nothing at Redskins Park has really changed and we are again trying to get that illusive one piece we need for the playoffs.

Prove me wrong guys. Prove me wrong.

There is a third option, though I hope I'm wrong I'll toss it out there.

3) Nothing at Redskins Park has really changed and we are again trying to get that illusive one piece we need for the playoffs.

Prove me wrong guys. Prove me wrong.

if everyone is the same then we would be signing aging stars to big contracts for long term...

what I see is that minus McNabb all the veterns we have brought in have been for essentially vet min +incentive deals and for 1-2 year deals. I realize they get more than vet min but premise stays the same since the guarrenteed money is not much and alot of the money is tied to performance based.

I think we all have to realize that this team is not going to get younger over one offseason/draft... so lets not get all stirred up because we signed some veterns along the way...

We ALSO need to realize that this team does have talent to win now if the OL and QB positions gets addressed. QB has been addressed so lets see how the draft unfolds to see what the FO does about OL.

That would be good but not necessarily. If you can get Gaither and draft Okung. and trade some current player or players to get more picks.

As far as McNabb...So okay his age isn't the greatest but he can give us 3-4 years to groom another QB. QB and OL has to be addressed. part one complete. Let it all unfold folks.

No, stay at 4 and take Okung. trade Campbell for a 3rd or late 2nd if possible...draft another lineman there.
Okung probably won't be there at #4, and Candle isn't worth a 3rd let alone a late 2nd.

Our current situation is worse than if we'd just stood pat and drafted a QB/LT or LT/QB with our 1st and 2nd round picks.

It may be a lot worse since we also lost our 3rd or 4th rounder next year. And McNabb might win us enough games to go .500 this year so we don't get the high draft picks next year that we got this year.

1. Agreed - stay at #4 and take the best LT - Okung. Williams is clearly the #2 selection at the position.

2. Agreed - trade Campbell to a team where he has the chance to get a fresh start and the Redskins can recoup a draft pick for 2010.

3. Agreed - work the draft to continue to add picks via Campbell and perhaps Andre Carter trades and acquire both OL and DL for depth.

4. Agreed - work VETERAN FREE AGENCY after the draft to find an outside linebacker for the left side of the 3-4 and a free safety.

1. Agreed - stay at #4 and take the best LT - Okung. Williams is clearly the #2 selection at the position.

2. Agreed - trade Campbell to a team where he has the chance to get a fresh start and the Redskins can recoup a draft pick for 2010.

3. Agreed - work the draft to continue to add picks via Campbell and perhaps Andre Carter trades and acquire both OL and DL for depth.

4. Agreed - work VETERAN FREE AGENCY after the draft to find an outside linebacker for the left side of the 3-4 and a free safety.

I would be fine with this but tell me these two things:

1) Who is realistically in the market for JC and what do you think he would net in terms of a pick?

2) Is anyone likely to give up anything for Andre Carter considering his age?

To me, these two issues are likely to hinder us in terms of executing on your four-point plan.

Trade Carlos Rogers to Baltimore for Gaither. They need a CB, we need an OL. Seems like a fit to me.

Trade Campbell for an OG. I don't know who's available, but I bet we could upgrade with a campbell trade.

Draft Okung or trade down for multiple picks, at least one of which needs to be a first round OL.

1) Who is realistically in the market for JC and what do you think he would net in terms of a pick?

To me, these two issues are likely to hinder us in terms of executing on your four-point plan.

I still like Okung at 4. Trade JC for a 3rd. That is resonable, right. Portis is gone for sure. We are not in on the plan but WP and LJ ends CP's career as a SKin. What is he worth if we pay part of his salary for this year?

This may be Mcnabbs best recieving corpe yet though that is not saying much. Our D still looks solid on paper. Okung would solidify the left side. I agree we need a couple of young o-liners but I think our FO might have a solid plan.

Shanny has said he wants to develop a young QB. He is going to trade up for Bradford. Injury prone McNabb wont last. This guy in his prime didnt have what it takes to win a SB. He choked the SB away. He looked bad against the Cowboys last year. Why we would want this stiff on our team is beyond me.

This will be a horrendous move. Shanny and Allen just showed why they got fired from their last jobs

consider JC gone now, and I hope we get at least a 3rd for him. Mcnabb is clearly an upgrade over JC, so i'm ok with it.

The question is McNabb worth JC, a 2nd rounder in a historically deep draft and a 3rd rounder next year. Nope.

McNabb is a turd. Lets see if Shanny has the skills to polish it.

1) Buffalo, Carolina, Jacksonville, and Oakland to name a few

2) We could get a late round pick for Carter.

We're not trading McNabb to the Rams. They've already said they don't want him, and could have gotten him already.

Remember, St. Louis didn't want to talk to Philly a couple weeks ago, not the other way around. The only way we get Bradford is if the Rams don't pick him.

Packing McNabb to move up to number one for Bradford might be an option.

Not really. The only team McNabb was going to accept a trade to was the Skins. Trading him to ANYONE else is really not an option. We're stuck with him.

Shanny has said he wants to develop a young QB. He is going to trade up for Bradford. Injury prone McNabb wont last. This guy in his prime didnt have what it takes to win a SB. He choked the SB away. He looked bad against the Cowboys last year. Why we would want this stiff on our team is beyond me.

I for one would rather win in the playoffs and choke in the championship game or SB than not even make the playoffs. Who knows, maybe we'll get a lucky bounce if McNabb takes us there and actually win?

It's ridiculous how much stock people put in QBs and SB wins. I imagine if Manning hadn't managed to not choke away his he'd still be a scrub too. And Philip Rivers? Aaron Rodgers? Clearly stiffs, would never want them as our QB.

Archived