Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With this trade, trading down is now the only option.

KevinthePRF

Even with Okung on the board, trading down is a must. We don't need a lineman, we need linemen with McNaab as our QB. We can't get him killed as our QB or JC will be right back out there.

A first and a fourth won't do it. I would be fielding offers right now to recoup our second rounder for another lineman.

Not necessarily....If you don't get enough in a trade down you don't want to move just for the sake of moving and miss out on a ready to go lineman like Okung. If we could move down and still get either Trent or Buluga then fine, but otherwise don't force a trade down.....There are good lineman available in this draft and you can find someone who can work their way into the lineup in the 4th or 5th rounds....

Not necessarily....If you don't get enough in a trade down you don't want to move just for the sake of moving and miss out on a ready to go lineman like Okung. If we could move down and still get either Trent or Buluga then fine, but otherwise don't force a trade down.....There are good lineman available in this draft and you can find someone who can work their way into the lineup in the 4th or 5th rounds....

Hey, all I'd expect is equal value. If it's a few spots down for a pick or two in the later rounds and we get a player like Buluga, that's fine. Or if we move down closer to the end of the first round and get a boatload of picks and maybe a player, that's fine too. Either way is good for me.

With the fourth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select Russell Okung, tackle, Oklahoma State.

And when it happens, I will have correctly called the Redskins' last three top picks.

Nobody likes a show off! :chair: jk

Seriously though, that's about the only logical pick without a trade down.

With the fourth pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select Russell Okung, tackle, Oklahoma State.

And when it happens, I will have correctly called the Redskins' last three top picks.

Here's to hoping your right :point2sky

We ****ed ourselves with this trade. We could have kept Campbell had Okung with the #4 and another o-lineman to play RT with our 2nd. Instead we get an old, injury-prone QB on the last year on his contract who is only a minor upgrade from jason campbell. Even if we do get Okung NO PICKS UNTIL THE 4TH ROUND. This is why we are the joke of the NFL. We trade for old, washed up players who are going to cost a fortune to keep and ignore the offensive line again and again.

How about this:

* Trade Campbell and Carter for a mid 2nd round pick to anyone lol

* Trade the #4 to the Ravens for Gaither, their first and their 2nd (statistically they come out on top)

* Draft Tebow in the Second Round

* Draft O-line with the 1st and other 2nd round.

I know the point values are not in our favor but:

* We get 3 offensive lineman ...maybe 4 if we can pick up Ed Wang in the 4th round.

* We get a veteran in Donovan McNabb

* Tebow gets to learn from McNabb and get hungry to take over when ready.

What do you guys think?

We ****ed ourselves with this trade. We could have kept Campbell had Okung with the #4 and another o-lineman to play RT with our 2nd. Instead we get an old, injury-prone QB on the last year on his contract who is only a minor upgrade from jason campbell. Even if we do get Okung NO PICKS UNTIL THE 4TH ROUND. This is why we are the joke of the NFL. We trade for old, washed up players who are going to cost a fortune to keep and ignore the offensive line again and again.

He has only been to 6 pro bowls and 5 NFC championship games we got hosed.:ols:

Packing McNabb to move up to number one for Bradford might be an option.

Which basically means we traded the #4 overall pick, our 2nd rounder AND next years' 3/4 rounder in order to draft Bradford (who is not a proven commodity, by any means).

Man, this sucks...

Archived