Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

In the Yahoo article I posted, the author states that the Red Sox called the Yankees out for being the "Evil Empire" when they do the exact same thing.

BTW...who's the big market team snaring all the talent this year

WHY IT COULDN'T BE THE YANKEES

I WONDER WHO IT COULD BE

Don't blame the Yankees for exploiting the loophole in baseball, it's not a Yankee issue, it's a baseball-big-market dominance issue

But the Red Sox have no choice but to spend like the Yankees if they want to beat them. Yes the Sox spend money, but its no where near what the Yankees spend.

The Yankees are about to spend a crap ton of money on Cliff Lee. His price is so high right now that no one else can afford him but the Yankees. That's what people hate.

But the Red Sox have no choice but to spend like the Yankees if they want to beat them. Yes the Sox spend money, but its no where near what the Yankees spend.

The Yankees are about to spend a crap ton of money on Cliff Lee. His price is so high right now that no one else can afford him but the Yankees. That's what people hate.

Add in the fact that much of Boston's core is home grown, and you have a much better situation.

Who do the Yankees have that were developed in their farm system and are key components of their team? Jeter? He's almost a non factor at this point. The same goes for Mariano. All that's left is Robinson Cano.

Pretty soon the Yankees are going to realize that the farm system is not to be used to trade for big time players. When that happens, other teams will overtake them. I think the Yankees are headed for a period of irrelevance, though it may be short.

Edited by fullnelson9999

Add in the fact that much of Boston's core is home grown, and you have a much better situation.

Who do the Yankees have that were developed in their farm system and are key components of their team? Jeter? He's almost a non factor at this point. The same goes for Mariano. All that's left is Robinson Cano.

Pretty soon the Yankees are going to realize that the farm system is not to be used to trade for big time players. When that happens, other teams will overtake them. I think the Yankees are headed for a period of irrelevance, though it may be short.

I agree 100%. The Yankees "core" is Jeter, ARod, Riveria, Tex, Cano, and CC. The Red Sox "core" is Pedroia, Youk, Crawford, AGon, Lester, Bucholz, Ellsbury. Which group of guys would you rather have?

Even if the Yankees get Cliff Lee, he's 32 years old. The Yankees have alot of money tied up in 30-something players.

<Lundqvist_Vezina> BloggingBombers

<Lundqvist_Vezina>

<Lundqvist_Vezina> Source: Yankees have been told that Cliff Lee is signing with another team.

<Lundqvist_Vezina> :(

Also rumors of Lee going to Philly

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 12:03 AM ----------

Phillies basically got Lee

It's all over the other forum like white on rice

Who Del is pleased, I am pleased too because all Yankee haters had to claim was that they "brought championships" or "brought talent"

Why didn't they buy Cliff Lee then? Huh?

Why didn't they buy Cliff Lee then? Huh?

He didn't want to play in NY and Yanks fans spitting and swearing at his wife didn't help.

Reports are that he is taking 5/100 from Philly instead of 6/138 with a 7th year option. He declined the Rangers 7/140.

Phillies rotation will be sick. Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels. The order barely matters after RH.

Edited by TheDoyler23

This shows that the Yankees are checked and they can't just buy any player they want or desire, contrary to popular belief.

Yankees now have to get a Plan B, this is a big loss if you are a Yankee fan because other than CC that rotation is a huge question mark, they needed Lee, they threw out the money, and still couldn't get him.

It's an outstanding signing for Philadelphia and instantly makes that rotation one of the most feared in the NL East.

He didn't want to play in NY and Yanks fans spitting and swearing at his wife didn't help.

Reports are that he is taking 5/100 from Philly instead of 6/138 with a 7th year option. He declined the Rangers 7/140.

Phillies rotation will be sick. Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels. The order barely matters after RH.

That would be crazy if he left $40 million on the table.

Yankees now have to get a Plan B, this is a big loss if you are a Yankee fan because other than CC that rotation is a huge question mark, they needed Lee, they threw out the money, and still couldn't get him.

I read that they don't really feel they can put together a deal for Greinke and plan B for the Lee money is to go after relievers hard.

And I'm happy that Lee chose less money and not the Yankees, but that hardly proves anything. It's one guy. Almost 20 years after another guy--Maddux--did it.

As a Braves fan this is very disappointing. This might rival the staff of Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz and Avery which helped us win 14 division titles. Doesn't look good for us in the near future. At least we got a 31 year old 2nd baseman this off-season.