Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

I was just watching the Twins/Rays game and Jim Thome just hit his 574 HR making him 10th all-time. For some reason, when I think of Thome, I don't think HOF, but I guess with his numbers, he is. I didn't realize he had all those HR's.

Someone just fell from the second deck at the Texas Rangers game trying to catch a foul ball. They didn't actually show the man falling, because the cut the shot away just in time. The announcers were horrified as well as the fans and players. The game has been delayed, and it is not sure if the fan is in serious trouble or worse. The announcers just said that the guy fell on a couple of fans as he landed, so he might not be in perilous condition. What a scary situation.

Someone just fell from the second deck at the Texas Rangers game trying to catch a foul ball. They didn't actually show the man falling, because the cut the shot away just in time. The announcers were horrified as well as the fans and players. The game has been delayed, and it is not sure if the fan is in serious trouble or worse. The announcers just said that the guy fell on a couple of fans as he landed, so he might not be in perilous condition. What a scary situation.

Were you able to see it? I'll give a few more details since it's my team and I'm watching. After a foul ball, this guy leaned too far. The man apparently was able to grab the railing for a second before continuing his fall to the lower deck. But we didn't see that. What we do hear is a woman scream (maybe the guy's wife?) and a collective groan from the crowd. That draws the attention of the batter and the ump. Their reactions made it clear something was wrong. The ump just turned and started to walk away. Eventually the man was taken away on a stretcher. I hope he ends up okay but idk. I'm hearing that the Rangers radio guy said he may have landed on his head. Hope they give an update on him when they can. ****ing scary.

Edited by royallypwned

Were you able to see it? I'll give a few more details since it's my team and I'm watching. After a foul ball, this guy leaned too far. The man apparently was able to grab the railing for a second before continuing his fall to the lower deck. But we didn't see that. What we do hear is a woman scream (maybe the guy's wife?) and a collective groan from the crowd. That draws the attention of the batter and the ump. Their reactions made it clear something was wrong. The ump just turned and started to walk away. Eventually the man was taken away on a stretcher. I hope he ends up okay but idk. I'm hearing that the Rangers radio guy said he may have landed on his head. Hope they give an update on him when they can. ****ing scary.

I have MLB TV on my computer and was watching this game when it happened. I heard on another message board that the guy fell backwards and apparently his his head along with falling onto fans as a cushion. That's all I know for now, but I think that the fact that they resumed the game after this happened is a good sign that maybe the guy was not as injured as he should have been otherwise. I think the players reactions along with the umpires reaction when the guy fell were the scariest part of that whole situation.

I was watching that game when that happened, I'm sooo glad that the guy who fell is "ok" and the people he landed on were not seroiusly injured.

Not sure why the Yanks want Lee so bad. Seems like Montero could be the real deal and with Posada coming to the end of his career, I think it would be tough to trade a solid young catcher. I don't think they need Lee to win, they proved that last season.

Not sure why the Yanks want Lee so bad. Seems like Montero could be the real deal and with Posada coming to the end of his career, I think it would be tough to trade a solid young catcher. I don't think they need Lee to win, they proved that last season.

i think its more of a defensive move to prevent lee from going to one of the other AL contenders like Minnesota or even Tampa Bay

Montero is one of the top prospects in baseball (although he probably won't be playing catcher as his defense is horrible). his offensive potential has been compared to Miguel Cabrera.

yanks can afford to part with him because they have two other catchers in their farm system who should be good major league cathers in Austin Romine & Gary Sanchez (although neither have montero's potential offensive fire power, they are much better defensively)

I'm torn. He'd definitely improve the rotation. And they'll have to trade Vasquez.

But maybe they're going back to the formula that wins games/championships. Their offensive guys are putting up very low numbers this year.. and they're still the best team in baseball.

Why? Pitching.

If you have great pitching... there's enough offense on the roster to get enough runs to win ball games.

I wouldn't do it though... but I can understand. I just wouldn't necessarily approve.

i think its more of a defensive move to prevent lee from going to one of the other AL contenders like Minnesota or even Tampa Bay

Montero is one of the top prospects in baseball (although he probably won't be playing catcher as his defense is horrible). his offensive potential has been compared to Miguel Cabrera.

yanks can afford to part with him because they have two other catchers in their farm system who should be good major league cathers in Austin Romine & Gary Sanchez (although neither have montero's potential offensive fire power, they are much better defensively)

You could be right. I guess the Yanks could use some pitching, but Sabathia, Hughes, and Pettite are all pitching well right now. Lee would just be overkill at this point. There isn't much the Yanks need to do. Once Teixeria and A-Rod start hitting like they can, its lights out.

I'd really like to see Lee go to Minnesota or Tampa. If he went to Tampa their rotation would be very good. I've also heard that the Phillies could be in the bidding for him too. Maybe parting with Werth to get Lee back.

You could be right. I guess the Yanks could use some pitching, but Sabathia, Hughes, and Pettite are all pitching well right now. Lee would just be overkill at this point. There isn't much the Yanks need to do. Once Teixeria and A-Rod start hitting like they can, its lights out.

I'd really like to see Lee go to Minnesota or Tampa. If he went to Tampa their rotation would be very good. I've also heard that the Phillies could be in the bidding for him too. Maybe parting with Werth to get Lee back.

they could also be preparing for life without pettite as this will probably be his last season.

lee would be a perfect replacement moving forward.

most yankee fans i've talked to so far seem torn, they like Lee, but they LOVE montero's potential with the bat

its easy to do when the season is 162 games :ols:

True, but I just read it this morning and cried a little bit inside because I thought the rich were getting richer. Now I am happy because the rich got pwned.

Edit: I still lol at that sig.

Edited by MLSKINS

True, but I just read it this morning and cried a little bit inside because I thought the rich were getting richer. Now I am happy because the rich got pwned.

alot of yankee fans are happy this deal fell through. they don't want to lose Montero, especially when their rotation is already strong as is.

oh my god oh my god oh my god

Hmm, well at first I'm excited that Lee is coming here. But then I got to thinking. Is it worth it? And my conclusion is: probably not. We are trading away some good young talent for a guy we'll probably have for three months. That is an expensive rental.

Even though the Yanks didn't get Lee via trade, who would be surprised if NY got him anyway as a free agent when the season is over? He'll probably be in pinstripes sooner or later anyway. I'm really sad to see both Justin Smoak and especially Derek Holland go. :(

Edited by royallypwned