Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

#98QBKiller

There are extremists on both sides - we know that to be true. To say that a greater number of extremists are on the right is nothing more than a talking point with no merit.

True and I would never argue otherwise.

I realize that having conservative views will place me and several members of my family in the "racist, homophobe, communist labler, etc. etc. etc." crowd more often than not. I know of four people who were at the rally yesterday - all good people.

I included the disclaimer in the above post precisely because I realize that there are indeed many "normal," good people who identify with, or even attend, those rallies.

You'll have to do better than that. Inferences are one thing FACTS are another. Please provide substantiated evidence what Lewis et al claimed is a FACT. That's all. Pretty simple.

I never claimed that John Lewis was called a ******. I just think it's somewhat funny that people seemed surprised that it might have happened. And something tells me that you do not apply the same, exacting standard to allegations against the lefties.

There are extremists on both sides - we know that to be true. To say that a greater number of extremists are on the right is nothing more than a talking point with no merit.

It all depends on how you define extremist. How many republicans would define Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Mark Levin as extremists? How many would think that considering an insanely bias network to be the only fair network an extreme position? I think in many ways the GOP has become an extremist party that does not tolerate any moderate influences.

I mean really what the hell IS an extremist republican these days? You can argue to bulldoze the UN, pass a laughable consumption tax, argue for social Darwinism, support preemptive war, support torture, and even favor nuking Mecca without being viewed as a complete whacko. So where is the extremist line?

But reprehensible behavior should probably be expected when you tell people that specific legislation will "ruin" this country. His credibility might be higher if he hadn't made similarly inflated claims about Clinton's tax increase.
Seriously do people expect a calm reaction when you tell people Obama and the democrats are here to steal your liberty, destroy your country, and ruin your health care system an in doing so installing death panels to decide if you are worthy? Only a matter of time before a nut shoots someone... if pro-LIFE folks can do it anyone can.

They're the modern version of KKK if you ask me. Soon enough, they'll start lynching minorities. That's my opinion about tea party protesters. It's basically all-white, with a few token minorities here and there. You really have to ask, where are the minorities if they aren't racist? At least you see minorities in republican conventions.

They're the modern version of KKK if you ask me. Soon enough, they'll start lynching minorities. That's my opinion about tea party protesters. It's basically all-white, with a few token minorities here and there. You really have to ask, where are the minorities if they aren't racist? At least you see minorities in republican conventions.

I don't see that at all. In fact I don't think racism has anything to do with tea party gatherings. I think they are there for positive reasons, they support something and want to see it be the law of the land. I disagree with them but if you don't have disagreement in politics that's just plain strange.

Seriously do people expect a calm reaction when you tell people Obama and the democrats are here to steal your liberty, destroy your country, and ruin your health care system an in doing so installing death panels to decide if you are worthy? Only a matter of time before a nut shoots someone... if pro-LIFE folks can do it anyone can.

:ols: like the leftists have never shed blood or exaggerated??

redskins59 , where are the minorities is a good question

There are politicians who are willing to break the law in order to pass this bill. There are politicians who are willing to say anything in order to get this bill passed.

What you mean is there are politicians willing to circumvent the Constitution to get this passed.

And it wouldn't have surprised me if some union types had joined with the protesters and shouted the slur in an attempt to paint the entire group as bigots yet the media, politicians and liberals have had no problem for months using racial and homophobic epithets towards them.

Forget that Michael Steele denounced it, the Tea Party denounced it, most major news outlets reported it, elected officials reported it, and witnesses reported it. There's no YouTube video of it, so it didn't happen.

When your best argument is "Were you there?", you should probably stop talking. I mean, you could lead Iran with that kind of "point."

I didn't realize that asking a question was the same as presenting an argument. Where did you get that from? *Not an argument by the way.

I agree in that there are going to be people who won't adapt with the republican party. People who simply cannot get out of the 50s and 60s. Those people will jump on the next available conservative movement that gives them the impression that the preservation of old ways (in general) are being fought for. So it makes sense that the Tea Bag would include some "KKKish" leaves in it.

You know what? I'm being too cautious in my analysis here. I have to admit that I do see this movement as the last stand of the ultra-conservative, blue collar redneck. There. I said it. I also think that the majority of the members of this movement would agree privately with their racist "party" members, but never publicly. Just my opinion but I wanted to be clear.

And it wouldn't have surprised me if some union types had joined with the protesters and shouted the slur in an attempt to paint the entire group as bigots yet the media, politicians and liberals have had no problem for months using racial and homophobic epithets towards them.

+1

Of course this is possible. Even highly probable because it fits the narrative of the lefts' framing a particular group. I can see yes it did happen, no it didn't at all and yes it did by a subversive who want to score political points. Personally, I want to to see evidence of this specific episode.

I mean really what the hell IS an extremist republican these days? You can argue to bulldoze the UN, pass a laughable consumption tax, argue for social Darwinism, support preemptive war, support torture, claim Obama isn't American, and even favor nuking Mecca without being viewed as a complete whacko. So where is the extremist line?

1) I added something to your list.

2) Where's the line? Ron Paul. :)

Yeah right that what they are. :doh:

Why would they need to lynch minorities since we do such an excellent job of killing each other and ourselves via substance abuse?

I'm not looking warily over my shoulder for protesters of the upcoming socialized medicine plan when I'm out at night.

The big meanies who motivate minorities to not further their educational opportunities has been in some cases that minority's peer group by telling a minority he or she is acting white when they receive excellent grades.

Go to the Black conservatives and black Republicans websites and see how many tokens are against this power grab by the progressives of 1/6th of our economy.

I went to the protests.I guess you are so naive to not know that "minorities are called sellouts, OREOs uncle toms if the associate with the GOP

Its definitely believable when you realize that a lot of these protestors are incredibly stupid and/or mentally ill. Though, certainly not all of them. (And a very valid point has been disrupted by the idiots asserting themselves into this discussion).

Just the other day, I was walking out of the metro at Dupont Circle. There was a guy there with two big signs, one said "Impeach Obama." Ok, no biggie, he wants Obama out. The second was a picture of Obama with a Hitler moustache. It was extremely difficult for me not to ask this ass hat if he realized that Hitler is probably the biggest mass murderer in the history of the world and executed ten million people. Comparing Obama to Hitler for trying to pass comprehensive health care has got to be grounds for comittment.

ally Posted by Destino

I mean really what the hell IS an extremist republican these days? You can argue to bulldoze the UN, pass a laughable consumption tax, argue for social Darwinism, support preemptive war, support torture, claim Obama isn't American, and even favor nuking Mecca without being viewed as a complete whacko. So where is the extremist line?

1) I added something to your list.

2) Where's the line? Ron Paul. :)

Funny, Ron Paul (often deemed an "extremist" by any on the left and neo-con persuasion (Both the same to me), is against every one of those items.

Funny, Ron Paul (often deemed an "extremist" by any on the left and neo-con persuasion (Both the same to me), is against every one of those items.

Right. That's why he's an extremist.

He's opposed to the entire Republican platform.

(In case you can't tell, this is a joke, too.)

Archived