Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

#98QBKiller

Here is information about the TN shooter:

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/knoxville-church-shooters-manifesto

Isn't it amazing, though, how right-winger on this board are seemingly ignorant of this fellow? Surely, though, if an attack against conservatives had taken place, would hear about it, over and over again: Case in point, the supposed "SEIU" thug attacks.

You crack me up. do you really want to compare "left wing vs right wing" violence from the last decade? I'll be glad to play if you like, but I assure you that you will lose resoundingly.

Lets just start with arrests and actions this year shall we?

You can take the arrests at the 9/12 march and I'll go with the G20 in Philly.

go:)

The G20 protesters don't target "conservatives" -- they protest the events themselves, being held by the corporate bidy. And they most certainly do not carry guns. Also, I can show you plenty of videos where the police are MUCH more violent than the protesters, who are typically armed with hoods and signs, while the police have armor, shields, clubs, pepper spray, and everything else.

But yes, let's G20 protesters against abortion doctor shooters, shooters at the Pentagon, the Holocaust Museum, and at a "liberal" church.

The Right always hates left-wing protesters, ala the anti-war ("traitors!) or anti-G20 protesters ("commies!")

Who, over and over again, has threatened to return back to D.C. "armed"?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/tea-party-sign-toter.jpg

The G20 protesters don't target "conservatives" -- they protest the events themselves, being held by the corporate bidy. And they most certainly do not carry guns. Also, I can show you plenty of videos where the police are MUCH more violent than the protesters, who are typically armed with hoods and signs, while the police have armor, shields, clubs, pepper spray, and everything else.

But yes, let's G20 protesters against abortion doctor shooters, shooters at the Pentagon, the Holocaust Museum, and at a "liberal" church.

Who, over and over again, has threatened to return back to D.C. "armed"?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/tea-party-sign-toter.jpg

again, lets not ruin this thread for the others. I'm in (noticed you didnt quite want to reference actual acts of violence comparing the two events I mentioned. common cowardly tactic that I assume will continue in the new thread)

bring it;)

More on the TN shooter:

"Knoxville police Sunday evening searched the Levy Drive home of Jim David Adkisson after he allegedly entered the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church and killed two people and wounded six others during the presentation of a children's musical. [...]

"Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

"The shotgun-wielding suspect in Sunday's mass shooting at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church was motivated by a hatred of "the liberal movement," and he planned to shoot until police shot him, Knoxville Police Chief Sterling P. Owen IV said this morning.

"Adkisson, 58, of Powell wrote a four-page letter in which he stated his "hatred of the liberal movement," Owen said. "Liberals in general, as well as gays."

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_06/018561.php

The Right has been whipping up liberal hatred for a while -- that the liberals and the left are traitors, who are trying to destroy this country in a fascist takeover -- this is the end result. Heck, I have even heard this sentiment echoed on this board.

again, lets not ruin this thread for the others. I'm in (noticed you didnt quite want to reference actual acts of violence comparing the two events I mentioned. common cowardly tactic that I assume will continue in the new thread)

bring it;)

What are you talking about? I am talking about specific attacks -- you are the one who won't acknowledge any of them.

Is this the virtual version of "la, la, la, I am not listening to you"?

A new thread won't do us any good, judging by your responses.

It's a shame that the idea of effective compromise based on integrity and honest appreciation of differing strengths in ideological approach is a pipe-dream. The reality seems more to be "I'm right and you're wrong. And if I can't have my way, then as long as you go down, I'm happy."

I agree with many of the criticisms against the proposed plan. But I wish I could have seen the recent level of "yes, we really need substantial reform" from the GOP side during all the time they had the floor. As it is now, I want this very risky plan to pass on the admittedly tenuous hope that it will force further action to modify the course to get where we need to go in the best possible way, but at least the ship will have finally left the harbor---something that did not seem likely to ever happen otherwise.

+1 on all counts.

Archived