Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Compensatory Picks - No Salary Cap - 10 guys cut - What are the Skins going to get?

EvoSkins

Just wondering if the compensatory picks rules changed because of there being no salary cap. Since the Skins cut 10 guys and have not signed anyone of real significance, how do the compensatory picks work in this new deal?

Well the things we do this offseason reflect on next years draft. We won't be getting any compensatory picks this year.

Just wondering if the compensatory picks rules changed because of there being no salary cap. Since the Skins cut 10 guys and have not signed anyone of real significance, how do the compensatory picks work in this new deal?

Compensatory picks only apply to free agents, not cut players.

I don't think the Redskins lost anyone in free agency last year that would garner compensation since Haynesworth was signed.

Cut players isn't the same as losing a player to free agency. You don't get comp picks for making a cut.

Redskins UFA:

Ethan Albright LS

Phillip Daniels DE- SIGNED 2yr/$2mil

Levi Jones OT

Casey Rabach C- SIGNED 3yr/$12.3mil

Hunter Smith P

Mike Williams G/T- SIGNED

Renaldo Wynn DE

Todd Yoder TE

I wouldn't expect much from any of the five we haven't resigned. Although I beleive Albright is worth a first rounder myself.

There was a post a short while ago about getting the "Mr. Irrelavent" pick for some reason. The guy that does the projections each year (and quite well) said the skins could end up with a pick. I'll see if I can find the thread. It's a non-compensatory pick (in the compensatory system). Whatever...we might get another pick (really just dibs on the first UDFA...)

edit: last thread on page 2

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=319119

2010 compensatory pics are awarded based on the 2009 offseason transactions.

And final record. If less than 32 comp picks are awarded the remaining picks (called non comp picks are dealt out). We are fourth in line for that, so the only way we get a pick this year is if 28 or fewer comp picks are awarded (leaving 4 or more non comp picks).

Archived