Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1/2 price beer at the stadium?

wormer

man forget that.. they need to double the prices on beer... tired of all the drunks who cant behave at the stadium

Ohh boy another one of these fans. I hope the change it to a BYOB policy and increase ticket prices to offset the cost. Those 10 stadium beers start to eat away at the wallet.

Lately it's been other teams drunks. As long as it's Redskins drunks I'm happy.

No if you're an obnoxious drunk you're an obnoxious drunk. Doesn't matter if you're wearing green or blue and silver or burgundy and gold. If you're going to act like a total knob then you're an ******* regardless of what team you support. And for the record, its been my experience that a good number of the morons at fedex field are redskin fans.

No if you're an obnoxious drunk you're an obnoxious drunk. Doesn't matter if you're wearing green or blue and silver or burgundy and gold. If you're going to act like a total knob then you're an ******* regardless of what team you support. And for the record, its been my experience that a good number of the morons at fedex field are redskin fans.

:stfu:

sounds like you should probably be watching from the comfort of your own home

A good number of fans at every stadium in every sport are obnoxious morons. You get testosterone flowing, that's what happens. It's unfortunate, but hey, that's how it is.

That being said, half price would mean I could tailgate then come in and go nuts! YAY!

:stfu:

sounds like you should probably be watching from the comfort of your own home

Exactly. I am more comfortable watching from home. I may not have aged gracefully, but now that I can afford season tickets, I doubt I would buy them because taking the kids to the stadium is about ten times worse then taking the kids to the bar. You can enjoy a game and be intense without being a jackass. Language aside, you're about ten times as likely to witness multiple fights/altercations at the stadium than at a biker bar.

I don't really think alcohol is the problem. There is just a cultural acceptance of this kind of behavior. Doesn't Philly have jail cells at the stadium? I have a hard time believing that that kind of atmosphere helps keep the stands packed and the crowd loud at the appropriate parts of the game. Collegiate football crowds are very enthusiastic and not nearly as malignant.

Exactly. I am more comfortable watching from home. I may not have aged gracefully, but now that I can afford season tickets, I doubt I would buy them because taking the kids to the stadium is about ten times worse then taking the kids to the bar. You can enjoy a game and be intense without being a jackass. Language aside, you're about ten times as likely to witness multiple fights/altercations at the stadium than at a biker bar.

I don't really think alcohol is the problem. There is just a cultural acceptance of this kind of behavior. Doesn't Philly have jail cells at the stadium? I have a hard time believing that that kind of atmosphere helps keep the stands packed and the crowd loud at the appropriate parts of the game. Collegiate football crowds are very enthusiastic and not nearly as malignant.

The problem is the crowd. Anywhere you put more than 10,000 people in confined places, you will have fights. There are 92,000 at FedEx. At NASCAR venues there are upwards of 150,000. Even baseball games have fights. You could be watching competitive lawn mowing, if you put 10,000 people together there will be an incident.

This is typical - an OP makes some kind of outlandish comment with no link or clue of where it came from, then vanishes.

My guess is, they were discussing the beer WITHIN the tailgate club pavilion before the game.

That makes more sense. And the disappearing OP trend is annoying. I just can't see them doing half price beers in the stadium, that doesn't amke much business sense to me.

This is typical - an OP makes some kind of outlandish comment with no link or clue of where it came from, then vanishes.

My guess is, they were discussing the beer WITHIN the tailgate club pavilion before the game.

Mark...there was another thread where someone posted excerpts of a letter they received about changes to the TGC for 2010 and I specifically remember "draft beer" being listed as 1/2 price in the TGC pavilion. Other changes I recall are that it will open up again at halftime and that the Sunday ticket will be available. I'm sure that someone can repost.

that clown is from Houston Texas

oh yeah i grew up in Fairfax but since now I work in Houston after I graduated.. now i am a clown???

yeah good call!

anyways i dont have problem with people getting drunk... but I do have problem with people getting drunk and ruining other people's experience in the field...

probably most of the problems could be avoided if the stadium security is more proactive in removing the obnoxious drunks quickly instead of waiting some major confrontation before they act.

People need to understand.. yes you can be a drunk at the football game but you just need to keep from ruining other people's experience.

EDIT: Dude I mean seriously... I have no problem with people standing to watch the entire game.. yelling during every play... giving some of the opposing fans hard time in good humor.. but you know the obnoxious drunks that feels like its their duty to pick a fight with every opposing fan in sight or to constantly yell profanity.. they need to go

Archived