Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RickMaese Twitter:T Mike Williams has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Redskins.

Ajamrani

Possible Starter at NT.

I Kid I Kid

I seriously like that idea. :ols:

He's good for keeping around if for no other reason depth, and perhaps with a good off-season conditioning program he can be in good enough shape to play next year, not just guard but perhaps even RT.

Shannahan's MO is that he likes high ceiling guys and often takes chances in personel decisions (e.g., the draft) because of his belief that he can get the most out of players. Well, BMW certainly has some talent, otherwise he wouldn't have been drafted so high.

I'd go along with this. BMW wasn't very good last year but he did show he was willing to put in a lot of effort, and there's always been potentiall, so he gets a shot this summer to keep a place on the team. He will need to improve drastically to be a legitimate starter, but then we seem to be assembling a collection of backup-quality offensive linemen in free agency, so he's not alone in needing to improve on last year's showing.

And Why?

You have no clue whippersnapper.

Look here old timer I watched Mike Williams, actually rooted for him, and he was terrible along with the rest of the line. I watched a play in which he blocked no one and Jason got sacked by the guy he should have blocked. Hes ok for depth but he should be replaced with young talent in the next couple of years.

I hope it's cheap and as a backup. I have no confidence that he can stay healthy.

and probably will remain healthy as a backup. He just can't get through a full 16 game schedule with that much weight on his ankles. But as a role player I am certain that his 2nd year back will be much better.

I think we need to give him one normal off season where he doesnt have to trim a full size adult human from his frame. He has talent and it seems like hes found the desire.

This x4000000

Look at how hard he worked to trim down weight last year. If he puts that much effort this off-season into improving his footwork and strength, he might just turn out to be what everyone hoped he would be last year.

I think the contract should help to motivate him. I like this.

I kinda of like this, it is not only depth but you have to remember he doesnt have as much wear on him as his age shows. I give more credit to Dockery than Vinny on this one. He was the 4th overall pick in the draft so if he is just a backup not a bad person to have because he can play multiiple positions along the line.

Look here old timer I watched Mike Williams, actually rooted for him, and he was terrible along with the rest of the line. I watched a play in which he blocked no one and Jason got sacked by the guy he should have blocked. Hes ok for depth but he should be replaced with young talent in the next couple of years.

Ok, a lot better input than just "Terrible move". I agree he should be replaced with younger talent in the future, but I also feel he can contribute to this team for the now, considering the current condition of our OL. However, are you really formulating your opinion on that one play you watched? Are you sure he missed his play assignment? If he wins the spot in training camp then shoudn't he be the starter? No animosity intended but please say more than just "Terrible move".

I like rewarding effort. I don't know how good Williams is... clearly, he can't be great, but it was his first year back and he showed a lot of drive and want (avoiding the word hunger) to make it as far as he did. He should be better with a year under his belt.

I said last off season that it would take BMW a year to come back to full capability. Have to wait and see how well he does this summer.

Also, can't rebuild everything in one off season as has been said many times. If he is good enough to start at guard put him in. If not, we have others competing for the position. BMW's allows the team to focus on the Tackles and other positions of need now and worry about a guard later.

Would I love to upgrade, yes, but the FO can only deal with what they have access too and can get through the draft/FA.

While his actual play may make people question the decision, he does have intangibles.

I think the guy has worked very hard just to get back to where he is now. Clearly he has character and determination. Wonder what he thinks of Portis's work ethic?

The guy brings some leadership, by leading by example.

Archived