Extremeskins

Running Back: Doesn't it seem obvious?

mhenry41h

Is rushing court or field classless  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is rushing court or field classless

• Yes it's classless to celebrate victory
    • No it's not classless rather it's tradition

Is Blount going to be there in the 3rd or 4th? That would be sweet.

More than likely, although the only thing holding him back from possibly being a late second-early third round pick was his on field antics and I've heard rumors of a few minor off the field things. Overall the kid is a beast and I'd love to see the Skins get him in the 4th round.

If we sign Clifton, we might pass on Okung at #4, and grab Spiller. Everything I'm reading is that the only qb we're interested in is the kid from Cincinatti. He'll be available in the 2nd round.

I keep seeing people mention a 2nd rounder. I was pretty sure we don't have a 2nd or a 6th. Am I wrong?

Uhm.....NO. As much as I dislike Portis, none of those guys is a big upgrade or worth a spot at their age.

If there is any surprise here it will be in the draft.

With the aggressive approach to the O line in free agency, what if it's been decided not to take one of the tackles in round one (targeting round two for that position) and Bradford is gone? I think they *may* have decided that the first pick will be an impact "skill" player and it may even be a RB or WR.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm not even saying it's likely. I'm just saying that with this new FO, we don't know what they think of our current talent, or what their real plans are yet.

You can bet your ass he is Shanny is going to draft a RB in this draft.. lets hope it's later rather then sooner.

Portis - is only here because skins already paid him his guaranteed money. Unless he has an incredible year, he'll be gone next year.

Aldridge - meh.. nothing special from what i saw.. i doubt he'll ever be anything then a change of pace back.

we need a rb soon.... i'v been advocating this for a while.

To be honest, I'm not wild about any of the QB's in this draft. I wouldn't waste a pick on any of them this year. The only ones with skills have injury or character issues. We need a game changer. The Eagles have DeSean Jackson, the Cowboys have Austin, the Vikings have Harvin among others. They're all young speed guys that can change a game with one play, and they're all on playoff teams. We don't have anyone like that. Is there one guy in this draft who can make big time plays like those guys? That's who we need to go after if he exists.

Aldridge - meh.. nothing special from what i saw.. i doubt he'll ever be anything then a change of pace back.

Change of pace backs are invaluable these days. Sproles just got 7 million dollars for being a change of pace back.

I think ALRIDGE is going to be really good and Shanny loves him.

WTB one C.J. Spiller. PST:D

I now think we will indeed trade back for someone with 2 first round picks (hopefully San Fran cause they have two picks between 10-20 right?) and pick Spiller if available and O-line. I could live with that. I also wouldn't mind McCoy to clog up the middle if he is there. So refreshing that we didnt go blow our money on the likes of peppers and players like that. Bravo front office looks like we will sign FA depth and build through the draft.... the formula for teams that are competitive and win every year.

Change of pace backs are invaluable these days. Sproles just got 7 million dollars for being a change of pace back.

I think ALRIDGE is going to be really good and Shanny loves him.

I'd love to see Alridge become something but that guy needs to learn how to hold onto a football. If he hasn't learned it by now I'm not sure he will. Hopefully being released last season gave him plenty of time to figure it out.

Just google him and this is what you could learn...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Shanahan

Denver Broncos

Shanahan's success with the 49ers earned him a head coaching spot once more, this time back in Denver with the Broncos beginning in 1995. Shanahan led Elway and the Broncos to back-to-back Super Bowl championships in the 1997 and 1998 seasons, during which time the Broncos set a then-record for victories in two seasons. He was the last coach to win two consecutive titles until New England's Bill Belichick did it during the 2003 and 2004 NFL seasons. Between 1996-1998, the Broncos set the NFL record for victories by going 46–10 over a three-year span. The 1998 Broncos won their first 13 games on their way to a 14–2 mark. Shanahan, taking his cue from West Coast offense guru Bill Walsh, was well-known for scripting the first 15 offensive plays of the game, and helped the '98 Broncos set an NFL record for first quarter points scored in a season.

Shanahan is known for a run-heavy variation of the West Coast offense he coached in San Francisco. He has often found unheralded running backs from later rounds of the annual NFL Draft and then turned them into league-leading rushers behind small-but-powerful offensive lines. Examples of this phenomenon are Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns and Tatum Bell, all of whom have had at least one 1,000-yard season in a Denver uniform over the past 10 years.

Just read over on ESPN about Lendale White wanting out of Tennesee, a young downhill runner (like shannys known for) and someone who could be a starter on most teams had he not played on the same squad as "Mr 2k" Chris Johnson....

We've got a coach who is known for taking no name runningbacks and making them 1,000 yard rushers routinely. I think we'll take a RB in the draft, and then sign a couple undrafted guys. We can find guys who will fill roles for us without spending in FA and without drafting one high. Why do you think RBs don't normally get paid much, it's because it's not as hard to find one as a lot of other positions.

We'll be fine.

cj spiller

F NO. Anybody that seriously thinks we should go RB with our first is plain out of their minds. You're chasing shiny things.

So obvious in fact, that it was addressed in this thread...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=318578

And Sproles will not be gotten with him being tendered so high.

then why are you here? why did you post a reply? did you post the same reply in the thread above? how do you know so much.? can you tell us all how the rest of fa and the draft will pan out so we dont have to watch for headlines? i mean you seem to have all the answers...clown

Archived