Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland OT Bruce Campbell = Redskin?

TGW21

Yeah I can see the skins reaching and wasting a draft pick on a QB at 4.

Campbell is not going to drop into the second round a team like the cowpokes or even the Ravens could grab him.

The way the Ravens have polished O linemen lately, moving him inside at guard should make either side impressive whenever they decide to pull a guard on running plays.

Was it because KC Joyner said he was the best LT he has graded so far?

Not so much that KC Joyner has him as the best or that an anonymous scout has him with a fourth round grade, just the huge difference in opinion. Since I haven't seen him play myself it's impossible to make my own educated opinion.

According to Adam Schefter "Maryland OT Bruce Campbell -- who looks like an Adonis -- ran the 40-yard dash faster than any OL ever has, a blazing 4.78 seconds."

Since Shanny like to pull guards and Tackles he would be great......Also they were saying that he was having an amazing day overall :drooley:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Edit* I always meant in the second round, sorry. He would be great to have alongside Okung! :point2sky

Yes, please draft this guy. He was meant to be a Redskin. It is his destiny. :saber:

i say take okung at #4 pick up a QB in the second...and campbell will be there in the 3rd...film isnt that great...he might be coachable and could be taken late 1st top to middle of the 2nd he he is not available oh well.....there are some pretty decent prospects this draft and even if we dont get a qb JC is not that bad...lets address the line and in a year or 2 get another QB....the RBs are tomorrow as well so lets see what they do...we might just be saying lets take a RB we shall see....im done until april...good luck at the draft!!

i say take okung at #4 pick up a QB in the second...and campbell will be there in the 3rd...film isnt that great...he might be coachable and could be taken late 1st top to middle of the 2nd he he is not available oh well.....there are some pretty decent prospects this draft and even if we dont get a qb JC is not that bad...lets address the line and in a year or 2 get another QB....the RBs are tomorrow as well so lets see what they do...we might just be saying lets take a RB we shall see....im done until april...good luck at the draft!!

We don't have a 3rd. Jarmon, remember?

Bruce Campbell's stock is rising though. He is extremely athletic for an offensive lineman. I guess we will see how it goes.

From Ross Tucker's Twitter feed:

Book on Campbell from scouts I have spoken with is that he is slow to pick up blitzes and stunts. Those things happen 5x faster in the NFL.

about 9 hours ago via web

Gil Brandt just told us that Maryland OT and physical phenom Bruce Campbell did not get one vote for the All-ACC team. Wow.

about 9 hours ago via web

His best college award was ACC Lineman of the Week back in 2008.

Even Heyer was an All-ACC Honorable mention. I also wasn't aware that Campbell only started in 17 games over his Maryland career.

The guy just seems like a pure workout warrior without much else to back him up.

Even Heyer was an All-ACC Honorable mention. I also wasn't aware that Campbell only started in 17 games over his Maryland career.

The guy just seems like a pure workout warrior without much else to back him up.

It would be interesting to know what everyone is watching for when they look at his film. You have some guys that say he passes off blockers extremely well and won nearly all of his run blocking assignments over a 5 game period, while others say he can't handle stunts and has trouble in some areas. Sometimes it seems like they are watching different tape.

Him not making an ACC team isn't surprising as Maryland sucked bad last year. Only Wujciak and Torrey Smith received recognition.

It would be interesting to know what everyone is watching for when they look at his film. You have some guys that say he passes off blockers extremely well and won nearly all of his run blocking assignments over a 5 game period, while others say he can't handle stunts and has trouble in some areas. Sometimes it seems like they are watching different tape.

Him not making an ACC team isn't surprising as Maryland sucked bad last year. Only Wujciak and Torrey Smith received recognition.

Well I know Joyner used the FSU game as one of those 5 games, and I can tell you right now that that's worthless tape to go off of. FSU had the 2nd worst defense in most categories out of all BCS programs this year. We made tons of guys look like future NFL Pro Bowlers.

At least Gaither, when he left Maryland, was mentioned as a Freshmen All-American, didn't allow a sack that season, and was a candidate for the Outland Trophy his sophomore year.

It just appears like Williams hasn't done much of anything worth note except play pretty well in a few games, without having much of a sample size to go off of anyway. It's 100% potential and athleticism with him.

Which means he probably has the most upside as a future NFL OT, but he could also be the biggest bust.

There is a lot of raw talent that Shannahan and Foerster can work with there. Okung should be our first pick in the draft instead of Clausen. I would like to see us pick up B. Campbell later if he is available.

again, what does an OT having a very fast 40 yard dash and a high vertical leap have to do with his ability to be a great blocker? nothing. it's mind boggling how even the so called professionals media would make a big deal for an OT. those aspect does not relate to an OT period. SInce when did an OT required to run fast on the field and have a great leaping ability to knock down Balls?

again, what does an OT having a very fast 40 yard dash and a high vertical leap have to do with his ability to be a great blocker? nothing. it's mind boggling how even the so called professionals media would make a big deal for an OT. those aspect does not relate to an OT period. SInce when did an OT required to run fast on the field and have a great leaping ability to knock down Balls?

If he is harnessed right by the experienced coaching staff of the Washington Redskins, his raw athleticism can translate into performance. Speed and athleticism is a factor in every position. Yes, there are some more proven offensive linemen in the draft this year, but they will probably be gone before our second pick.

Has a workout warrior ever worked out? Off the top of my head no. Mamula, Gholston, Mandarich, etc all failed. Heyward-Bey is another one. To be fair, the jury is still out on him but it ain't looking good.

EDIT: Well I guess the jury is still kind of out on Gholston too. And I think Vernon Davis was considered a workout warrior (man does Maryland have a thing for those type of players or what?) and it's taken a couple of years but he really got his ish together this year.

Has a workout warrior ever worked out? Off the top of my head no. Mamula, Gholston, Mandarich, etc all failed. Heyward-Bey is another one. To be fair, the jury is still out on him but it ain't looking good.

EDIT: Well I guess the jury is still kind of out on Gholston too. And I think Vernon Davis was considered a workout warrior (man does Maryland have a thing for those type of players or what?) and it's taken a couple of years but he really got his ish together this year.

Mario Williams. I believe that he had the best combine ever.

Measured in at 6-7 295. Ran the 40 in 4.7, had a 4.37 short shuttle, did 35 reps of 225, had a 40 1/2 inch vertical (insane), and a 10 foot broad jump.

• 1 month later...
According to Adam Schefter "Maryland OT Bruce Campbell -- who looks like an Adonis -- ran the 40-yard dash faster than any OL ever has, a blazing 4.78 seconds."

Since Shanny like to pull guards and Tackles he would be great......Also they were saying that he was having an amazing day overall :drooley:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Edit* I always meant in the second round, sorry. He would be great to have alongside Okung! :point2sky

He has only played in 17 games. He's a project. He's athletic, true, but that's his only attribute. But, he is still green.

So, why would you waste a pick on this guy if you have 4 picks that must be spread out to cover your basic needs?

Archived