Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland OT Bruce Campbell = Redskin?

TGW21

According to Adam Schefter "Maryland OT Bruce Campbell -- who looks like an Adonis -- ran the 40-yard dash faster than any OL ever has, a blazing 4.78 seconds."

Since Shanny like to pull guards and Tackles he would be great......Also they were saying that he was having an amazing day overall :drooley:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Edit* I always meant in the second round, sorry. He would be great to have alongside Okung! :point2sky

It's easy to fall in love with the guy given his combine performance, but as Charles Davis stated, he is one of the players that might be drafted earlier than he should. I've not heard that until now however. I think Okung is still the superior OT out of this group. The chances are good we will find some quality OL this draft even if we do go QB.

Some mocks have him going to Dallas at the end of the first round. Of course I am impressed with his combine numbers. But those are just that. Numbers. The tape doesn't lie and he was up and down at Maryland. He has first round ability, for sure, but that may not translate to performance on Sundays. He seems to be a Shanahan type lineman with his ability and not the Dallas mauler type. That said, I don't see Dallas taking him at the end of the first and he most likely will not be there for Washington's second round selection. And the 'Skins surely are not taking him at #4.

Is we can get a true stud at #4 (okung, Berry, Suh, Mcoy, Bradford) and this guy with our second (possible) that woudl be a good draft all by itself. The team is significantly better if that happened. Just imagine the permutations:

1) Suh/Campbell - You've got a stude zone blocking tackle, and Reggie White #2 lining up next to haynesworth. = we are better.

2) Mcoy/Campbell - See above.

3) Berry/Campbell - You have the closest thing possible to the reincarnation of ST and your tackle = we are better.

4) Bradford/Campbell - You have your franchsie QB, and the tackle to protect him for the next 10 years = We are better.

5) Okung/Campbell - Line problems? What line problems? = We are better.

This is what I was looking for. Someone who has actually seen him play the game.

Thanks for being honest.:applause:

Wouldn't call him awful, but he definitely does NOT look like a first round prospect just based on his game play.

He was actually a guard coming out of Hargrave but was kicked out to LT due to his athleticism. I would be more concerned about how many injuries he had that affected his play more so than his overall ability. He was hurt a lot out here and it was the nagging type of stuff.

I think Bruce could end up being an awesome pass blocker, but probably never an elite run blocker. He's definitely got to work on his durability and technique, though. Whatever team drafts him can't stick him back there and expect him to be Joe Thomas/Ryan Clady right away. He's going to give up some sacks and he's going to be exposed in certain ways, but there's no doubting he has the physical ability to do so and he, from what I've heard, is a pretty intelligent and hard working guy.

He said himself just a little bit ago on air on NFL network with the Charles Davis asking him questions..."I need to work on my blocking", run or pass Charles asked..."both" Campbell replied.

Now obviously I'm paraphrasing, but that is as close as you'll get to what he said without having it from an official news source in print.

If the Skins take him, I hope they can develop him because he could be a huge boom pick, but just as likely to be a huge bust pick without proper development.

Archived