Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama in Vegas Yesterday

Veretax

He's right kids today are awful...... when was the last time you walked by a playground and saw kids throwing a football around or playing basketball....they are all in their house playing basketball and football on the ps3's online and on top of that there is pratice modes in these games so you can hit buttons faster lol. I dont get kids today, when I was a kid I was always outside playing sports or praticing them outside !!!! FYI I was taking my 2 yr old son out my his car seat and these dumb middle school kids were just let out of their bus and they come out dropping f bombs so I ask kindly if they can watch their language because they are little kids that play here and the middle schooler with a beanie said I cant hear you because of his hat ( him being a smart ass) so with a louder voice I told him to take his efin hat off

Yeah, my guess is, more people in Hinton, WV still do this without being told to. Unfortunately, in the big cities, it is exactly the lack of parental involvement, both in school, and in societal interaction skills, that are a big contributor to some of our worst problems.

No problem with that message.

It's a good thing President Bush decided to hold teachers accountable for ****ty parenting.

Because- holding kids in the inner city to the same standard as those in the 'burbs is fair. "accountability is the cornerstone of change"

One teacher deals with kid smelling like crystal meth- other teacher deals with little Johnny saying he didn't have enough time to do homework because band practice ran late. Yah- I mean, who wouldn't come up with the idea to put it all on the teachers? Brilliant

(sorry for the ot rant :silly: )

From the age of 7 to 15 I must have built five forts in the woods with friends and the standard was to play tackle football after school.

I agree that kids are va jay jays nowadays. My mom always said "its a nice day go outside and put the Nintedo down."

Dude, forts in the woods were the ****. I'm sure we would have had an epic battle if we were in the same neighborhood. Our best fort overlooked a creek and had very strategic positioning... it was not to be messed with. :saber:

Here's a bulletin: openly admitting a serious rule violation as you then committ another in the process is certainly asking for trouble mod-wise. :)

I know trying to explain oneself to a mod is generally not healthy, but I'll make a small effort to do so. I made an obviously absurd comment to Obama's speech, as twa then did. I'm sure both of us never thought someone would take us seriously. To my amazement and chagrin, someone appeared to do just that. Temporary oblivious to the board rules at that moment, I hammered out a flippant response that I soon regretted, because I truly do not regard Burgold as an idiot, and should have realized that obvious absurdity in print form, may not come across as...well, absurd. So again, I'm sorry, and will show more prudence in the future.

I have no comment on "what will O do in way of forcing a nanny-state", but I will note fwiw that for some time now a significant percentage of successful behavioral-science models, especially EBPs (Evidence Based Practices), for dealing with child/family issues (aside from serious individual psychopathology) increasingly take a parent-focused approach in the process of helping to change the system around the child, with the goal of assisting the parents in being the primary source of positive, informed, and productive change.

There's a lot more involved of course, but the people involved in the parenting roles are the pivotal point.

Professionals doing extensive one-on-one individual work, particularly with someone at a typical child/adolescent stage of development, and then dumping the kid back into a relatively unchanged system find it far less likely to result in sustained change for that individual.

Just making most such kids the "identified problem" (or "patient") and devoting the bulk of attention to them and not their authority structure at home invites a situation where the child/adolescent is saddled with too much of the overall responsibility in making serious change (hard enough for any competent adult) as those around them go about their "normal" routines.

Personally, while it's not about "blaming parents", I support all efforts to increase awareness of the need for responsible and effective parenting. Kids don't usually develop their behaviors in isolation or "out of the blue." :)

I like the idea of widespread social encouragement (not too intrusive) of parents to explore addling to their level of parenting knowledge and skills as an actual area of study, and even in basic things like communication skills.

I mean that in the same sense you might read up and study about your car so you can work on it effectively or know more of what's going on when you take it to a mechanic, or like continually acquiring knowledge about your favorite football team to discuss it as a matter of serious interest instead of just assuming you already "know all you need to know" (and maybe you do know all you need to know). :)

I know trying to explain oneself to a mod is generally not healthy, but I'll make a small effort to do so. I made an obviously absurd comment to Obama's speech, as twa then did. I'm sure both of us never thought someone would take us seriously. To my amazement and chagrin, someone appeared to do just that. Temporary oblivious to the board rules at that moment, I hammered out a flippant response that I soon regretted, because I truly do not regard Burgold as an idiot, and should have realized that obvious absurdity in print form, may not come across as...well, absurd. So again, I'm sorry, and will show more prudence in the future.

Jumbo PM'd me, and he has given you permission to stand back up, and remove your lips from his wingtips. ;)

:ols:

No, amigo, you're safe, and I knew what you were doing and that Burg appeared to take you and twa seriously when you guys weren't (and you might figure Burg was joking himself), but the reason I just said what I did but took no action is because I know what I'm doing and why (it's almost never just for any single poster involved). :D

Loved your first line :pfft: and yeh, there's not much anyone is going to say about their or any other posters actions, or about the board, that most mods aren't already going to have figured. Not that this keeps the mods from being wrong or dipsticks at times (especially zoony & TK).

Jumbo PM'd me, and he has given you permission to stand back up, and remove your lips from his wingtips. ;)

Watch it now, my poor oppressed white Christian male hereto brother who bears all those burdens living in this particular culture, lest I discriminate in your general direction. :pfft:

Watch it now, my poor oppressed white Christian male hereto brother who bears all those burdens living in this particular culture, lest I discriminate in your general direction. :pfft:

:ols::ols::ols:

Just keep Damien in the bag, and everything will be fine, Jake. ;)

We were armed with water bombs and super soakers:D

Dude, we had sticks and small rocks. We would've crushed your water bombs and super soakers.

I can't count how many times we stood over a crying kid that got whacked in the face by a stick going "how are we going to explain this to our parents..."

I've probably tap-danced on the edge of Big Mike status a time or two.

(And I mean tap-danced in a strictly heterosexual, big dog, Sharks/Jets kinda way.) :silly:

Well, to the first part, I've never seen you get even remotely close to some of Big Mike's rants.

As to the second part :ols: :ols:

That's some funny stuff there

~Bang

Archived