Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins TV - 'Meet Jim Haslett' Interview - Worth a Listen

Est.1974

http://www.redskins.com/do/videoGallery

I think this one is worth a listen.

Talks about how Orakpo, Haynesworth can be used. Has spoken to Al about playing NT / DE etc. He says Orakpo rushed 400+ times last year. Looking to double that to ~800 :D. Suggest's Carter will like what we are doing on D. Its all about turnovers, not the final D ranking. Its interesting stuff.

Also, early in the interview, I'm sure he clearly says we will be getting more skill players on Offensive.

Kudos to Larry for a great interview

Agreed.

Generally, I consider these type of interviews heavily stage managed. But, this one has a few interesting pieces of information in it about key personnel on defense.

As did the one with Turner who talked about CP, and the one with Slowik who talked about Landry.

Wow, he stepped on the Qb's head during a game. Wonder what some of the "holyier then thou" fans will think about that.

I like what he said about being aggressive and creating more turnovers.

But the part I like best is that he has sat down with the players (Haynesworth) and talked about how they will be used.

Communication from the coaching staff to the players seemed to be a problem the last couple of years, so its good to see this avenue being created so early.

Wow, my favorite word was used a couple of different times in that interview..."aggressive".

I love it.

Me too.

He comments that we had the #4 & #10 D's in the last couple of years, but created little in the way of turnovers. Then comments on the Saints ranking #26 but with 45 turnovers.

Also, it didn't sound like Orakpo would be floundering around in coverage much. A big change in approach appears to be on its way....

Tell me who the second correct player / target is from the other thread is (ie Dansby & ??? ) and I'll tell you more about what he says :silly:

gimmie a moment to think about what i'm gonna do....

EDIT: ok dude, there is already a thread in here about him. And he has connections to us. Thats all i'm gonna say. You figure it out the rest...:)

The way he said "we're gonna get more skill players on offense, obviously" suggests to me that they might have something planned for the draft towards an offensive skill player, Bradford, or maybe a RB as well.

Awesome interview, he said a lot of things I wasn't expecting (the 400 to 800 increase for Orakpo, which made me giggle) and he wants to really play an attacking defense, and not just a "we'll just try to stop you..." type defense, which doesn't work when it counts late in games.

Archived