Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you are from a warm weather climate, you are probably soft.

Westbrook36

10/10 times I would rather freeze than be hot. I am a landscaper in the summer and have been in the business of snow removal in the winter. In the winter it's so easy. I have a great tolerance of the cold for long periods of time. When I was a kid I would play in the snow for hours without being all bundled up with layers upon layers of stuff.

In the summer however when it's July and August and you have 105 degree days for 5 days in a row and you're mowing, mulching, installing paver patios, shoveling this and that, etc. you feel like you're going to die. I mean I do at least. I hate the heat. I love the cold. People from the south who are in those conditions all the time? They can take the heat, but if the temperature drops below 60 they think it's freezing outside and can't function normally. Whatever.

Being a fan of Philly gives you character, not from being in the cold, but by being left out in it year after year. :laugh:

And yeah the trade off factor. I have a huge yard to mow(.75 acre), palm trees that need endless trimming and hurricane prep all in the summer sun/rain/sun and humidity that goes with that. Let alone every August a mango tree that could feed all of Ft. Myers, try picking those up for a month in row. And ga head skip a day, the fruit flies will carry you away.

You want character, come down here and scrape together a mortgage payment in the summer months as a contractor, that will impress me. BTW, bring your snow shovel with you, they make great mail box posts. :ols:(apparently)

I was playing golf in frederick , md in the summer time and it was a scorcher and got paired up with a guy from pensacola florida and by the 2 nd hole I was drenched and looked over at the guy and he was laughing saying this weather is nothin compared to the heat down there so I guess im a soft northener

My niece and her mom moved to Florida last January from West Virginia. When I was down there for Christmas, my niece was complaining about how cold it was and it was only 40. She definitely became acclimated to Florida real quick.

Calling BS on that, it takes three years to get sorta used to the endless summer of south florida. July through September can be like living on the sun for most of the day. I have been here twenty+ and I am telling you, nothing will zap the energy like South Florida sun. Talk about character, how about those Seminoles? They lived here with no A/C.

I noticed 1st and 2nd generation immigrants living in america are 2x more hard working in everything in life. From working, academic, to sports. If you go to your local highschool or college the smartest kid or the most athletic kid is 90% of the times a immigrant or first generation american,

The OP reminds me of why I hate people from Philly in the first place. Thanks for reaffirming my hatred of all things Philadelphia Westy. :)

This...and **** philly. The only thing good thats ever came out of philly is cheesesteaks and its always sunny. And thats about it.

Cutting your way through the humidity during the wet season can be a real *****. :)

I have loved every minute of being here in North Florida.

Well that's a lie. We have had some cold winters since I got here, but this winter is by far the craziest. One day it will be sunny and the next day it will be freezing.

I do hope to move to CA at some point in my future because of my career, but I am not opposed to going to central Florida first (Orlando area hopefully)

Bottom line call me what you like, but I will take Florida over Virginia 9 times out of 10 (and the only reason it isn't 10 is because I miss Redskins Sunday's at FedEx)

I think people in the north are soft. When was the last time a crocadile ate somebody in Boston or Philidelphia? When was the last time a Shark got somebody.

In Florida, they may not have much snow, but nature will keep you on your toes.

On three separate occasions I have almost been eaten by an alligator. That I know of, that is.

I have loved every minute of being here in North Florida.

Well that's a lie. We have had some cold winters since I got here, but this winter is by far the craziest. One day it will be sunny and the next day it will be freezing.

I do hope to move to CA at some point in my future because of my career, but I am not opposed to going to central Florida first (Orlando area hopefully)

Bottom line call me what you like, but I will take Florida over Virginia 9 times out of 10 (and the only reason it isn't 10 is because I miss Redskins Sunday's at FedEx)

North Florida gets butt**** cold. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. It may not snow, but unless you're from the ****ing Yukon Territory, 25 degrees is cold.

well, I'm jealous.

I'd love to live in CO someday. Beautiful state and lots of my family history. Plus all the trout fishing you can handle.

Yes, it's awesome. Way better than the crappy, crowded inland part of SoCal I lived at the past few years. Very outdoorsy. Reminds me of my home that I grew up at in Northern Cali, I'm just at a higher elevation in CO.

Haven't gone fishing yet, but the guys have and they had a great time. When I get back home, I'm definitely tagging along on their next trip.

Okay, thread hijack over. Continue with the topic at hand folks...

Archived