Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Johnson For President 2012!

ACW

This guy seems to have much of Ron Paul's views without his eccentricity.

http://www.johnsonforamerica.com/issues.php

Johnson>Palin/Giuliani/Romney

Unfortunately Ron Paul's views *ARE* what makes him eccentric. :ols:

Now at this point I'm sure SS will get all huffy and accuse me of rage or something but the reality is that 99% of the population agrees with me, so you should consider this a public service announcement.

But I did get a kick out of this line about taxes....

As President, Gary would be open to a non-income tax based system.

Translation: "Since there is no way in hell there will ever be enough support, it is never going to happen, but I want Ron Paul's backing." :ols:

And on the issue of National Defense..

He endorses a strong and capable military that is not so thinly stretched across 700 bases around the world in 150 different countries.

This shows a complete lack of understanding of the military and it's needs. Those bases don't mean we are spread too thin. They provide needed logistics for rapid deployment and forward operations around the globe. They are a part of what makes our military strong. And we cant just pack up and leave them without breaking agreements and without serious diplomatic repercussions that could destabilize entire regions.

You want peace? Consider the lesson that is almost as old as history itself.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Wow, I agree with almost everything except a free market of competing domestic currencies (seriously?), and marriage criteria being set at the federal level. While I don't honestly care one way or another whether gays are allowed to marry, there is NO constitutional basis or precedent of which I'm aware.

Wow, I agree with almost everything except a free market of competing domestic currencies (seriously?), and marriage criteria being set at the federal level. While I don't honestly care one way or another whether gays are allowed to marry, there is NO constitutional basis or precedent of which I'm aware.

I also don't like the marriage stance. Get the feds out of the marriage business! But I also see zero issue of competing domestic currencies. May the strongest dollar win.

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd bump this since no one is talking about him and i didn't want to start a new thread. I think I identify with him more than any other politician ever on the stuff on his issues page. I really don't know much more about him than that.

I'm a big fan of Johnson. (thought i'd give some material for the taken out of context thread.)

Just out of curiosity, what about Perry do you like?

For a popular Republican, he's not (or doesn't seem to be so far) an arrogant and stupidly rigid no-compromise occasionally hateful ass of an ideologue, or a self-centered delusional religious nut masquerading as normal, or a sociopath-lite, or simply bat-**** crazy. I find the apparent low-levels or absence of such traits endearing and refreshing. :)

And so are you, considering you started the thread, heavily promoting his presidential bid, and now turned to bashing him :ols:

i'm pretty sure he's referring to Rick Perry, but his unattributed pronoun usage had me stumped at first as well.

He's a hypocrite on the 10th Amendment (see gay marriage).

]

How is wishing to allow the states decide hypocritical to the 10th?

He believes it should be a state choice under the present law and it will naturally be a state choice on amending the constitution....he is also rather clear on his own position

about as un-hypocritical as you can get .

i'm pretty sure he's referring to Rick Perry, but his unattributed pronoun usage had me stumped at first as well.
:ols: Yeah, my bad. Talking about Perry.

---------- Post added August-14th-2011 at 05:28 PM ----------

How is wishing to allow the states decide hypocritical to the 10th?

He believes it should be a state choice under the present law and it will naturally be a state choice on amending the constitution....he is also rather clear on his own position

about as un-hypocritical as you can get .

:no:

http://theweek.com/article/index/217819/rick-perrys-incomprehensible-gay-marriage-flip-flop

So your position is a believer in the 10th cannot believe in the Constitutional amendment process????

Are you claiming all the amendments violate the 10th?

Dude, he wants a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage. If he wasn't a hypocrite he'd support letting the states decide. And then there's this:
here are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place.

Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that.

I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2011/07/perry-backs-anti-gay-marriage-amendment-questions-evolution.html#ixzz1V2nOQonh

I'm sorry, but I want my President to not be ignorant.

Not approving of gay marriage,nor believing in a creator makes you a hypocrite or ignorant

He not fond of AGW theories either :ols:

Perhaps your education itself is lacking if you don't understand the definition of hypocrite?:D

• 10 months later...

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Libertarian-Johnson-no-government/2012/07/06/id/444657

I completely disagree with the legalization of marijuana and I think the Mexican drug problem isn't about marijuana, but the harder drugs like cocaine. Still, he's the one getting my vote in 2012 since he's the Libertarian candidate. I would love for him to get 15%. Yes, that would mean 4 more years of Obama and Obamacare goes into effect; still would love to see the Repubs just choke. The most important election of our lifetimes and they give us weak weasel Mitt and we have right wing tea parties dictating everything.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Libertarian-Johnson-no-government/2012/07/06/id/444657

I completely disagree with the legalization of marijuana and I think the Mexican drug problem isn't about marijuana, but the harder drugs like cocaine. Still, he's the one getting my vote in 2012 since he's the Libertarian candidate. I would love for him to get 15%. Yes, that would mean 4 more years of Obama and Obamacare goes into effect; still would love to see the Repubs just choke. The most important election of our lifetimes and they give us weak weasel Mitt and we have right wing tea parties dictating everything.

Seriously? Most important election of our lifetime? I'd say looking at these candidates that time has obviously past. Obama? Romney? Freaking Gary Johnson? What a god damn joke. It's all over and long gone.

Archived