Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tebow-to-Jags talk isn't sitting well

Geoff_K

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tebow-to-Jags-talk-isn-t-sitting-well-with-at-le?urn=ncaaf,217616

[Offensive lineman Uche] Nwaneri posted on the Jaguars’ Web site that, while cashing a check, a bank teller started talking about how Tebow will save the Jaguars.

So Nwaneri posted his five points on Tebow, with capital letters:

"1. He can't throw, PERIOD.

2. He can't read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man.

3. The QB Wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD.

4. He doesn’t know how to take a snap from center.

5. HE CAN’T THROW, and that’s really something you either have or not."

OUCH !

The Jags need Tebow to sell tickets. That franchise is dying. If they draft him hopefully he plays better than he did at the Senior Bowl. That wasn't pretty.

I really like Tebow and I'd like for him to do well, but I just don't see it happening. If the Jags do draft him, his popularity is going to wear thin very quickly when (not if) he starts losing.

The Jags need Tebow to sell tickets. That franchise is dying. If they draft him hopefully he plays better than he did at the Senior Bowl. That wasn't pretty.

The franchise has always been dying.

Their best season was 10 years ago when they went 14-2 and lost to the Titans in the AFC Championship game. Even then, they couldn't sold out.

It's time to move the franchise.

Their best season was 10 years ago when they went 14-2 and lost to the Titans in the AFC Championship game. Even then, they couldn't sold out.

They had the Super Bowl in Jacksonville a few years ago.

Word on the street is, even that game barely sold out :silly:

I really like Tebow and I'd like for him to do well, but I just don't see it happening. If the Jags do draft him, his popularity is going to wear thin very quickly when (not if) he starts losing.

I hate Tebow and I hope he fails. Yes, I'm an FSU fan. Yes, I really hope he fails.

Drafting a guy that can't throw a football or take a snap from center as your QB in order to save your failing franchise seems like a poorly thought out plan to me.

I really don't believe that they have any other choice.

Football is religion in Florida. Much different than in Virginia.

High School football is huge down here. College is enormous down here, and three pro teams too.

Jax is maybe an hour and a half away from UF.

All of the Gator fans will drive to Jax to see Tebow's career continue. Those Jags season tickets would be a huge deal to Gator alumni.

That team needs a very quick financial fix, or they may be moving to California. Tebow would sell huge tickets. A gigantic number. Those UF tailgaters would literally go wild to see him in Jax. And jerseys would be a hot item too.

The demise of the Jaguars is greatly exaggerated.

Every NFL team goes through growing pains when the team isn't winning. I can remember when the Bucs, Saints,Rams, and Cardinals had maybe 25,000 fans at games. Oakland's games were half empty the last few years.The Jags averaged about 56,000 people a game last year,so their not losing profit. Their stadium used to seat 73,000 people. They reduced it to 67,000 seats to better reflect the market and the average size of NFL stadiums in the league. They're just not filling the seats because the team sucks and they have no Superstars! If Snyder didnt sign big name coaches, or high priced free agents Fed Ex would be half empty too. In fact even now most of the games are invaded by other team's fans because our fans sell their tickets. Noone wants to see a losing team. And noone definitely wants to see a losing team that has no superstars. So once the Jag's front office figures that out then they will get butts in the seats.

It was sold out, but the hotel space in Jacksonville was pretty bad, they brought in cruise ships to take care of the overload, a lot of people were not pleased when they saw the rooms. I never heard such ****ing.:ols::ols:

All of the Gator fans will drive to Jax to see Tebow's career continue. Those Jags season tickets would be a huge deal to Gator alumni.

That team needs a very quick financial fix, or they may be moving to California. Tebow would sell huge tickets. A gigantic number. Those UF tailgaters would literally go wild to see him in Jax. And jerseys would be a hot item too.

College football is a religion in Florida. Not pro football.

Seriously, all of what you said is dependent on Tebow playing a lot and playing well. I mean, are Tebow fans going to shell out money to see him ride the bench? And think about it -- if Tebow is seen as selling tickets, the coaches will be pressured by the owner to play him no matter if he's earned it or not. Talk about tearing a team apart. Heck, what if he plays and flat-out stinks? Then what?

The idea of tons of Tebow/Florida fans buying Jags tickets... I just don't see it unless Tebow proves to be a NFL stud. It's far more likely that all the Florida/Tebow fans will simply move on to a new Gator hero.

If Snyder didnt sign big name coaches, or high priced free agents Fed Ex would be half empty too. In fact even now most of the games are invaded by other team's fans because our fans sell their tickets. Noone wants to see a losing team.

Really? The team with the most consecutive sellouts? With a season ticket waiting list? Stadium might be half empty by people not showing up or invaded by people selling their tickets, but skins fans have always supported the team for the most part of the last 40 years.

I remember that they had to use cruise ships as hotels as their wasn't enough hotel space.
Wow... str8 lies

But Don't worry.. I'm sure Kentucky will get a NFL team one day... :ols:

It was sold out, but the hotel space in Jacksonville was pretty bad, they brought in cruise ships to take care of the overload, a lot of people were not pleased when they saw the rooms. I never heard such ****ing.:ols::ols:

Am I the only one who saw the "silly" emoticon after Mickalino's post? lol...That usually means they're just kidding.

Can't really blame him for feeling that way. Jacksonville just isn't a great place to be PERIOD.

So you have been to Jacksonville?? What so special about bumfu$% VA?? At least we live next to the beach... Tebow may be a terrible NFL prospect but he would save this team from leaving for a couple of more years... Most Gator fans are Jags fans... And Tebow is beloved by the Gator fans... After having all but one of their games blacked out...Tebow would at least fill seats until the patience wore out...If they can get him to fall... it would only make sense from a buisness stand point to take him in the 3rd or 4th...

Archived