Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has "pedophelia" gone too far?

mistertim

It does suck but having kids myself and knowing a family that had an incident in the last few years, I can understand, slightly.

The woman overeacted but unfortunately there is reason for concern out there. It seems there are more perv's than ever.

It seems there are more pervs than ever but that's simply not the case, we just hear about them now.

Amber alerts and the 24 hour news cycle/internet make sure we hear about almost every incident so it seems like they're on the increase but if you look at the numbers, it's safer to be a child today than at any other time in our history.

It seems there are more pervs than ever but that's simply not the case, we just hear about them now.

Amber alerts and the 24 hour news cycle/internet make sure we hear about almost every incident so it seems like they're on the increase but if you look at the numbers, it's safer to be a child today than at any other time in our history.

That doesn't mean that any responsible parent shouldn't err on the side of caution. Perception is reality in these situations. Unfortunate, but true.

If I interact with kids whose parents I don't know, I will tend to just interact with boys, as opposed to girls. But now that I think of it, with all the Gay Pedophiles running around, I should probably avoid both genders of young kids whose parents I don't know.

are there? or do we just hear about more? i thought i read somewhere that child adbuctions are actually less frequent now than in the 70's

All he said (and I agree with him) is that it SEEMS that there are more pervs than ever. The whole point is that parents are bombarded with this stuff on the Internet and 24-hour news stations.

If I interact with kids whose parents I don't know, I will tend to just interact with boys, as opposed to girls. But now that I think of it, with all the Gay Pedophiles running around, I should probably avoid both genders of young kids whose parents I don't know.

Have a couple of your own and no one can tell you that you can't play. It's awesome, I play with some of my kids' toys even if they aren't around.

I think the neighbor could have used better words, but had every right to question you. I would have said, do you know or are you related to any of the kids.

At this point you might want to say hello and apologize the next time you see her, and let her know that you understand where she was coming from.

My sister works for the department of ss, and she has always warned us about adult males that come across as to freindly towards our boys in public.

Also like another poster said, the kids probably should have known to run away, because you in fact are a stranger. Tough situation and I wouldn't be suprised if one of the fathers approached you.

Seems like most of us are on the same page....is the concern justified, yes...is the way she handled it justified, no....

In my opinion, and no this isn't sarcastic, is that pedophiles should be put to death quickly. Even the ones that haven't actually commited the crime yet. Those ones on "To Catch A Predator" should be shot after the interview. They are clearly guilty of intent to do the crime and that is good enough for me.

People want to cry about that punishment being inhuman? don't touch little kids and you have nothing to worry about!

To me it is the worst crime possible. Worse then murder. And I bet if you start taking a few of these sickos out into the middle of the street and shooting them, you wouldn't have as many people wanting to touch little kids.

Umm, ok. No overreaction there.

This is ridiculous. I blame Nancy Grace and all of her ilk for convincing America that we are gripped by a horrible, neverending wave of ever worsening crime. Crime is DOWN, way way down, and it has been going down for years. Your kid is probably more likely to be hit by a meteor than be abducted by off the street by a random pedophile stranger. (yes that was hyperbole, but not as much as you think). Meanwhile, we are raising an entire generation of kids that never experiences a bit of freedom because we are all choked by unreasonable fear.

Protect your kid from creepy Uncle Dave in your own family, and you pretty have this issue covered.

Umm, ok. No overreaction there.

This is ridiculous. I blame Nancy Grace and all of her ilk for convincing America that we are gripped by a horrible, neverending wave of ever worsening crime. Crime is DOWN, way way down, and it has been going down for years. Your kid is probably more likely to be hit by a meteor than be abducted by off the street by a random pedophile stranger. (yes that was hyperbole, but not as much as you think). Meanwhile, we are raising an entire generation of kids that never experiences a bit of freedom because we are all choked by unreasonable fear.

Protect your kid from creepy Uncle Dave in your own family, and you pretty have this issue covered.

This is a pretty good post. I hate Nancy Grace. You would think that around every corner there is a mom killing her baby or a predator raping kids.

I realize bad people are out there and she's doing what she believes is right to warn people...but it goes way overboard.

Kids are (and will continue to) losing some of their independence that is necessary to develop into well-balanced adults. Every now and then kids have to get on their bikes and ride to a lake or creek and spend the entire afternoon away from their parents. It's just natural.

I realize bad people are out there and [Nancy Grace is] doing what she believes is right to warn people...but it goes way overboard.

No she isn't. She is a fraud and she knows what bullcrap she is peddling. She doesn't care because the fear is making her rich.

At this point you might want to say hello and apologize the next time you see her, and let her know that you understand where she was coming from.

There is a zero percent chance that I would APOLOGIZE to this crazy biatch for doing nothing wrong.

I would steer as far from her as possible. I wouldn't let my kids near that crazy fearful fool. She would probably scare them.

Blaming Nancy Grace is good and all but how many people actually watch her?

She is a symbol of what I am talking about. It's not just her. The media in general is telling us that we are assaulted by horrible crime every day and it is just getting worse and worse and worse aaaaahhhhh - but it's not true. Our politicians are getting ever "tougher on crime" even though crime is down, down, down.

We are a paranoid society.

Archived