Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: When it comes to the uniforms, you can keep the change

JimmiJo

Whomever designed these uniforms is obviously a pretty gifted designer up on all the latest trends, but that's the problem. They obviously are focusing on the designs not as fans or even as authorities of the team and its history, but as fashion and graphic designers playing around with color schemes and motifs. If the uniforms look childish it's none of their concern and as likely as not, none of the people involved actually watch football anyway.

If I were opening a new high school I'd be excited to rock these duds, however the Washington Redskins are not some new school or even a minor college nobody cares about.

They are the Red Skins. On of the older established teams in the NFL with plenty of success, history, tradition, and lore backing them up. They don't need to follow the latest trends in uniform designs, only to turn around a few years later and pull off yet another design change.

It's possible Danny and the boys are looking at the possibility of changing up the look for the honest reason that they want to create a new mindset so I won't bash him or the team. I just want them to know that as fans, emotionally involved fans, most of us seem to hate the idea.

this writer is right....except for the whole changing of the uniforms. I think if someone with designs skills can make our classic uni's slightly more modern...i think we'll be on to something. I am for new uni's but not at the expense of killing the classic appearance that won us all three of them SB's. There are ways to enhance our jerseys without changing the general scheme.

this writer is right....except for the whole changing of the uniforms. I think if someone with designs skills can make our classic uni's slightly more modern...i think we'll be on to something. I am for new uni's but not at the expense of killing the classic appearance that won us all three of them SB's. There are ways to enhance our jerseys without changing the general scheme.

The first thing they need to do is darken (if that's a word) the burgundy. The burgundy should be more like what we see on their practice jerseys, not the game jerseys. This goes for both the jerseys and pants, in my opinion (if they keep burgundy pants).

I'd love to see burgundy on gold at home and white on gold on the road.

Looks to me like some thought is being put into changing the name to Warriors. That W or Spear would allow for the name change without a change in anything else.

Having said that I really don't want to be known as the W's. He's not in Washington anymore and I don't want a team named after him. ;)

I definitely welcome new uniforms. I like the uniforms Authentic posted, gold pants would look nice with them and I like all burgundy socks.

If they did that (authentic's with gold pants), I'd love it. Modernize it a little and give a nod to our history by switching to gold pants. Perfect solution.

Edit: You could even replace the script R on the sleeve with the spear or feathers if you like those logos better. But I definitely love the idea of having an "alternate" logo on the sleeve (different from the helmet logo).

In the same way we stopped the Fassel hire, and got rid of Vinny, we need to let the owner know that he's made enough change, and this **** is not needed.

Those horrific monstrosities make the burgundy on burgundy efforts look almost respectable.

Hail.

Couldn't agree more. Changing the unis are for the Cardinals, Lions, Broncos. You don't see alot of changes in Historic Franchises... Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Packers

Couldn't agree more. Changing the unis are for the Cardinals, Lions, Broncos. You don't see alot of changes in Historic Franchises... Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Packers

Not a lot, but the Giants have changed a few times (once just recently) and so have we.

I'm a little confused by the number of people who are implying that we've worn the current uniform for a long time or that it's somehow classic.

Archived