Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rivals.com: Tim Tebow not looking good in Senior Bowl practice

bird_1972

What coach or GM in their right mind would take a chance with their career on Tebow and cater their entire offense around him with all the risk he entails. If Tebow wants to stick to QBing he's going to sit for at least 4 years.

Even if Tebow is willing to play TE or H-back he's going to go through a long learning period. The quickest way he gets onto the field is at fullback. You don't draft fullbacks until rounds 4-7.

What coach or GM in their right mind would take a chance with their career on Tebow and cater their entire offense around him with all the risk he entails. If Tebow wants to stick to QBing he's going to sit for at least 4 years.

Even if Tebow is willing to play TE or H-back he's going to go through a long learning period. The quickest way he gets onto the field is at fullback. You don't draft fullbacks until rounds 4-7.

You draft them earlier than that if they can play QB. The point is, he's versatile. You can't look at any one thing he's capable of in a vacuum. He's got too much raw talent to wait until round 4 to get drafted. A GM or coach taking him in the second, or even really late in the first if he's the BPA in their minds, isn't really risking all that much if it's the right situation, because if it is the right situation, they're not risking their career on his producing at the QB spot in the first couple years. They wouldn't be risking their jobs even if he NEVER produces at QB. You think Philly or New England can't afford to spend a 50-something pick on a guy like Tebow? It's not going to ruin Reid or Belichick if he doesn't pan out at QB, because a) they're going to be using him all over the field, and B) they're tenure isn't that fragile. If Chan Gailey or Pete Carroll takes him, it's a different story.

ahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

*takes another breathe*

ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Who said that? I'm one of the biggest Gator fans you'll find and I even find that notion to be ridiculous. I mean, if the spread ever finds widespread implementation in the NFL, maybe, but right now he's just an athlete who could be an NFL QB, a lump of clay, so to speak.

Yikes...McShay just tore apart Tebow on ESPN.

Said he made a mistake going to the senior bowl because he made no progression throughout the week. Elongated delivery will lead to interceptions at the next level. Would have to be completely stripped down and rebuilt as a quarterback at the next level, from his feet to his arm to his decision making. Would take 4-5 years to make him an NFL qb.

Bottom line according to McShay is he wasn't even the best quarterback among the mid-level guys at the senior bowl, and he will have to fight to even have a job at the NFL level.

Said he made a mistake going to the senior bowl because he made no progression throughout the week. Elongated delivery will lead to interceptions at the next level. Would have to be completely stripped down and rebuilt as a quarterback at the next level, from his feet to his arm to his decision making. Would take 4-5 years to make him an NFL qb.

Bottom line according to McShay is he wasn't even the best quarterback among the mid-level guys at the senior bowl, and he will have to fight to even have a job at the NFL level.

Not only was he not the best among the mid-level guys, but I think the general consensus was that Tebow and Canfield were the two vying for the worst QB in attendance. I mentioned it earlier, but I see Tebow's journey to be a lot like Eric Crouch's attempt to make it in the NFL.

Kyle Shanahan said that any team that takes Tebow thinking they can change him might as well pack their bags because they will be fired when he and they fail. He suggested that the only way that Tebow will survive in the NFL is if a team caters their entire offense around him. And this coming from somebody that is actually pulling a paycheck from a NFL team not just some talking head.

I like how you put your own spin on what Kyle actually said to make it seem worse then it was.

Here's what he actually said:

"If you draft him thinking you're going to correct (the flaws), then you're wrong," said Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, a former Bucs assistant. "I think it's going to be just as much up to him as the team that takes him. … If he's better at one thing than another, then you better figure out how to work that into your offense.

"If you draft him and think you're going to do what you've been doing all along, you're probably going to be getting him ready for the next coach who's going to replace you."

"You have to make sure you know they can physically do it, but also how quickly can they do it at a level where they can help," Shanahan said of prospects with technical flaws. "Some of the guys who haven't done it in college for four years, it takes them a year or two years, and in the NFL, you don't have that time."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/nfl-scouts-scrutinizing-former-florida-quarterback-tim-tebow/1068154

It doesn't sound that different from what Shanahan Sr. said:

"I think you can always tailor an offense toward the talents of your quarterback, whatever they may be; that's part of coaching."

Said he made a mistake going to the senior bowl because he made no progression throughout the week.

QUOTE]

Yeah i saw that too, but McShay has never been high on Tebow.

Although he did compliment his arm strength.

He's basically justifying the grade he already gave him.

But i didn't hear McShay say any of the middle portion of your post:

Elongated delivery will lead to interceptions at the next level. Would have to be completely stripped down and rebuilt as a quarterback at the next level, from his feet to his arm to his decision making. Would take 4-5 years to make him an NFL qb.

Just to provide balance.

When Mayock was asked to pick a player he thought would show well during the actual game Mayock picked Tebow.

And Corey Chavous has consistently mentioned Tebows arm strength and ability to throw the ball downfield, which some people in this thread were questioning.

Said he made a mistake going to the senior bowl because he made no progression throughout the week.

QUOTE]

Yeah i saw that too, but McShay has never been high on Tebow.

Although he did compliment his arm strength.

He's basically justifying the grade he already gave him.

But i didn't hear McShay say any of the middle portion of your post:

Just to provide balance.

When Mayock was asked to pick a player he thought would show well during the actual game Mayock picked Tebow.

And Corey Chavous has consistently mentioned Tebows arm strength and ability to throw the ball downfield, which some people in this thread were questioning.

I rewatched it as I was typing to make sure I got it accurately. You may not have heard it, but that's what he said. See if you can find it on ESPN.com or something.

I like how you put your own spin on what Kyle actually said to make it seem worse then it was.

"If you draft him thinking you're going to correct (the flaws), then you're wrong," said Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, a former Bucs assistant. "I think it's going to be just as much up to him as the team that takes him. … If he's better at one thing than another, then you better figure out how to work that into your offense.

"If you draft him and think you're going to do what you've been doing all along, you're probably going to be getting him ready for the next coach who's going to replace you."

"You have to make sure you know they can physically do it, but also how quickly can they do it at a level where they can help," Shanahan said of prospects with technical flaws. "Some of the guys who haven't done it in college for four years, it takes them a year or two years, and in the NFL, you don't have that time."

None of that is too optimistic about what Kyle thinks of Tebow's passing abilities in the NFL, especially the part I put in bold.

I understand you don't necessarily like Tebow, but you're defending him in this thread as having the ability to be a passing QB in the league.

And if I were taking that same angle on the issue, I probably wouldn't supply that Kyle Shanahan quote.

I really like this Tebow guy alot...he may not have the proper mechanics right now but that can be taught...but what he does have is the intanglibles that can't be taught that will set him apart from other quarterbacks...

and those who mock his faith have forgotten that alot of the greatest Redskins were also strong Christians....players like Darrell Green..Art Monk...Charles Mann....Tim Johnson....Earnest Byner....as a matter of fact I counted almost half the team at one time because Green used to have Bible studies at his house in Ashburn Village in which my daughter babysat a few times and I got to pick her up afterwards and it was a fan's dream to watch them come out to their cars....heck even Joe Jacoby goes to my church in Reston.

Tebow would be a dream with the 2nd pick...get the OL in the first and let Tebow learn under Campbell and we could have something real special IMO

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/nfl-scouts-scrutinizing-former-florida-quarterback-tim-tebow/1068154

It doesn't sound that different from what Shanahan Sr. said:

"I think you can always tailor an offense toward the talents of your quarterback, whatever they may be; that's part of coaching."

I know what Kyle said. I posted the link to the original post that contained that link about 20 posts ago.

Let's compare and see my spin job.

Kyle Shanahan said that any team that takes Tebow thinking they can change him might as well pack their bags because they will be fired when he and they fail.
"If you draft him thinking you're going to correct (the flaws), then you're wrong"

and

He suggested that the only way that Tebow will survive in the NFL is if a team caters their entire offense around him. And this coming from somebody that is actually pulling a paycheck from a NFL team not just some talking head.
"I think it's going to be just as much up to him as the team that takes him. … If he's better at one thing than another, then you better figure out how to work that into your offense."

I really like this Tebow guy alot...he may not have the proper mechanics right now but that can be taught...but what he does have is the intanglibles that can't be taught that will set him apart from other quarterbacks...

and those who mock his faith have forgotten that alot of the greatest Redskins were also strong Christians....players like Darrell Green..Art Monk...Charles Mann....Tim Johnson....Earnest Byner....as a matter of fact I counted almost half the team at one time because Green used to have Bible studies at his house in Ashburn Village in which my daughter babysat a few times and I got to pick her up afterwards and it was a fan's dream to watch them come out to their cars....heck even Joe Jacoby goes to my church in Reston.

Tebow would be a dream with the 2nd pick...get the OL in the first and let Tebow learn under Campbell and we could have something real special IMO

Our 2nd rounder for Tebow? Are you kidding me? The guy is a disaster as a non-gimick QB. Crappy footwork, terrible mechanics, apparently fumbles when asked to play under center at Senior Bowl practices. The guy might be a 4th or 5th rounder. And even then it is a stretch, given his mechanics and how much coaching up he would need to actually be an NFL QB. Maybe if he transitioned to H-back or something he could go a little higher, but apparently he doesn't want to do that. And who cares about his faith or how emotional of a leader he is? None of that makes a difference if he can't actually play the position in the NFL. And most NFL teams don't draft cheerleaders as far as I know.

Yeah. The more I learn about his current mechanics, Tebow seems like a virtual high school senior as far as drafting straight to the NFL goes. A gigantic prospect, and hardly worth our or anyone's 2nd-round pick. His best position imo would be in round 4+ as a fullback, which I think he'd do well at if he really wanted to.

Tebow could be brilliant. By going to the Senior Bowl and showing that he is not really NFL QB material, he will have time to learn some other position before the combines.

I use the word "brilliant" in jest, of course. He's not.

By the way, that elongated delivery thing is almost identical to Jason Campbell's throwing motion.

sorry for :beatdeadhorse: but I thought this is an interesting video link from Smartfootball.com

[Talking about Tebow's throwing motion]The word I had gotten was that Scott Loeffler, Florida’s quarterback coach, had made significant progress with Tim on this but that come gametime, well, a player’s gotta play how he knows how. And Tebow had earned the right to play his way. Yet it is troubling to the lack of progress, and it will hurt him in the draft. But what if it was worse, than a lack of progress — what if Tebow actually regressed on this point? Check out this video which charts Tebow’s release over time, and you be the judge

Sounds like the senior bowl has been an unqualified disaster for Tebow.

What a lot of folks fail to mention is how he really isn't that fast. I mean, this ain't Pat White we're talking about. He wouldn't even have great tight end speed.

Please never post again:pfft:

And no one is mocking his faith, he pretty much sucks when he's not in Florida's gimmick offense. He's going to be a FB or a TE at the next level.

Please never post again:pfft:

And no one is mocking his faith, he pretty much sucks when he's not in Florida's gimmick offense. He's going to be a FB or a TE at the next level.

You have the nerve to tell someone to never post again; then post this^^

Unless you're gonna apologize to that poster if Tebow gets drafted as QB.

You're way out of line,imo.

You have the nerve to tell someone to never post again; then post this^^

Unless you're gonna apologize to that poster if Tebow gets drafted as QB.

You're way out of line,imo.

Relax. He put the "pfft" emoticon (:pfft:), he obviously didn't mean that XtremeFan should literally never post again.

I heard McShay gave Tebow a "D+" rating for the Senior Bowl. I don't put a ton of stock into McShay's rankings, but I don't think I've ever heard him trash a guy as badly as he's been on Tebow.

Archived