Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you like tomatoes?

MissU28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

sounds like food allergies. I've had a much more severe case of that with something I drank. I also had the mild itchy aspect from eating raw green beans, which is a known allergen when uncooked.

yup....but it's a nice excuse to not have to eat salads :)

I like good pico de gallo too. My sister makes this really good one that also has black beans, sweet corn, onions, garlic, and a lot of vinegar and sugar in it and it's awesome.

But I also really like the soupier salsas you get at mexican restaurants and yes, that you can find in the grocery store. Costco sells giant containers of salsa that are literally like crack to me. If I didn't make a concerted effort not to, I could probably eat myself to death on that stuff.

I like both styles. My brother makes a delicious pico de gallo, but my friend's neighbor makes an incredible liquid salsa from homegrown peppers including habanaros. Only a couple chip-fulls to get my mouth burning (and I'm not rookie when it comes to hot food) but I don't want to stop because its so delicious.

haha, No fetishes, Just the swollen lips would have made me laugh.

I would have laughed my ass off too (sounds like a good guy). But I guess I would have had to get you the benedryl after you provided such a funny moment.

Well, we eventually got the benadryl so it cleared it right up, but I did have to endure a good 20 minutes of getting laughed at.

I was also on antibiotics at the time, so my reaction was probably much worse than it would originally have been. It had never happened before, bc I had been eating melons forEVER. But now I'm too scared to eat melons again bc i don't want to be elephant man :(

Give me some thousand island dressing and some Parmesan cheese and I'll gobble down a salad. Gotta have SOMETHING fattening in it.

gross. I won't eat salads, unless they are taco salads with some sort of warm meat. Even then I'll only want lettuce and cheese on it.

I won't eat dressings. Or cold sauces. No guac. No sour cream. No cream cheese or cottage cheese.

But it's nice to turn down a salad and say "I'm allergic to raw vegetables"...hahaha. It's true!

I tend to like most of the mesoamerican indigenous fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, squash, beans, and corn. It's easily one of the most versatile fruits common to our cuisine and they're in almost everything. Also, my grandparents have always grown giant fresh tomatoes in their garden that were delicious so that's probably where I learned to like them.

Another thing I like to do when I've got the time is make tomato sauce from scratch with fresh Roma tomatoes and mushrooms and peppers and fresh herbs and spices. Most of the time I just end up using tomato paste and then cutting up a bunch of tomatoes and that works just as well and it's pretty simple if you don't mind chopping up a bunch of vegetables. There is just no comparison between that and even the nicer pre-made sauces you can get from the store.

Also, I don't really care for chili unless it's filled with diced tomatoes. Maybe white chili could be good without them but I don't really ever cook that.

Also I love diced tomatoes as a topping on Pizza. My local pizza place makes a pizza like that and I bet you could get anyone to enjoy tomatoes from eating that.

Ok, I need to stop talking about this stuff because it's making me really hungry.

gross. I won't eat salads, unless they are taco salads with some sort of warm meat. Even then I'll only want lettuce and cheese on it.

I won't eat dressings. Or cold sauces. No guac. No sour cream. No cream cheese or cottage cheese.

But it's nice to turn down a salad and say "I'm allergic to raw vegetables"...hahaha. It's true!

I love veggies, but like you, I won't eat most condiments.

Dressings...Never. I will order a dry ceasar salad, and be just fine. I toss a little salt on it and it works for me.

really?? me too! Raw vegetables but especially raw fruit. Apples make my throat/gums super itchy. Carrots make me itchy and sometimes my lip swells a little bit. I can't eat raw fruits and vegetables. Once my lip blew up like elephant man when I ate some honeydew melon, watermelon, and cantaloupe at the Marriott buffet. And I LOVE honeydew melon, watermelon, and cantaloupe :(

Now honeydew is a fruit that I just don't like at all. I usually don't like really sweet foods or drinks and prefer savory foods and sour or tarty deserts or drinks. It's the same reason why, all things being equal, I like whiskey so much better than rum. I do however like bitter deserts and drinks like chocolate and gin and I like citrus.

I like both styles. My brother makes a delicious pico de gallo, but my friend's neighbor makes an incredible liquid salsa from homegrown peppers including habanaros. Only a couple chip-fulls to get my mouth burning (and I'm not rookie when it comes to hot food) but I don't want to stop because its so delicious.

To me, that's one of the best feelings in the world. That sounds really, really good.

Now honeydew is a fruit that I just don't like at all. I usually don't like really sweet foods or drinks and prefer savory foods and sour or tarty deserts or drinks. It's the same reason why, all things being equal, I like whiskey so much better than rum. I do however like bitter deserts and drinks like chocolate and gin and I like citrus.

i'm the complete opposite. I love sweet everything.

i'm the complete opposite. I love sweet everything.

I think it's a pretty common difference between men and women and I'm not sure why that is. My girlfriend is the same way as you. She can eat ice cream whenever but it's not something I ever crave. I almost never eat a desert but if it's a tart or like a cheese cake I'm game. Most of the time I find myself craving spicy foods or like a gigantic, rare, salty slab of beef like a prime rib. If you think about it, there is just something manly, satisfying, and unsophisticated about devouring a Flinstones style slab of another animal's flesh hahaha.

That's not to say women don't love red meat because most everyone I know who isn't vegetarian does, but I don't think most women crave the protein the way men do.

i like them certain ways...i can't stand to eat them raw unless they're drenched in dressing. My favorite meal my mom makes it this dish consisting of chopped up tomatoes cooked with some brown sugar and eggs. Ketchup, Salsa, and Sauce are all good. If they're slightly cooked I can eat them. A slice or two in a burger is ok too.

Does anyone else eat Tomato sandwiches? Meaning just tomatoes, mayonaise, and black pepper? They are delicious.

Yes, I'll eat 3 or 4 a week like this when they are in season (meaning I can pick them right outside my back door)

Tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches is super yum.

This is the only way I will eat grilled cheese or tomato soup.

I love tomatoes! We go through 5-8 pounds of them every week during the summer/fall months. Sometimes I'll slice them up put some Crazy Salt on them and gobble them down. We also do the mozzarella/tomato thing. I make my own sauces, salsas, stewed tomatoes, etc..... (all CHUNKY)

i won't eat salsa

wow...I LOVE tomatoes. I grow several varieties each year. I love to eat the cherry tomatoes right off the vine. I also love to fry green tomatoes. YUMMY!!!

I also love toasted cheese/tomato sandwich or avacado/tomato on toasted bread....damn, now I'm hungry!

That's not to say women don't love red meat because most everyone I know who isn't vegetarian does, but I don't think most women crave the protein the way men do.

This is true. I love a good steak here and there, but my boyfriend will go to the grocery store and buy up tonnnns of meat and make meat all the time. I can't eat that much meat!

Archived