Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Shanahan expected to retain Campbell

authentic

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3137&line=165805&spln=1

A league source tells the Washington Post that new Redskins coach Mike Shanahan plans to retain Jason Campbell.

Campbell will be familiar with most of Shanahan's terminology after playing in a somewhat similar West Coast-style offense under Jim Zorn. Shanahan, though, is expected to use the Skins' No. 4 overall draft pick on a quarterback. Campbell wouldn't be a good bet to start 16 games in Washington next season, and may draw interest on the restricted free agent market.

:munchout: mmm needs more salt

If that's the case I can't wait to read posts from certain posters on this forum trying to tell everyone they know more about football than Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen.

With that said - I'll see how it plays out, I'm torn on how I feel about him staying anyway . . . although those who act like he was the biggest problem with this team are dilusional.

I'm just sayin, don't be surprised if we get trade offers for Campbell. We should at least consider them since we will still be drafting a QB. If we don't get anything of value, then keep him.

There was never a good reason to let JC or Carlos any decent RFA walk. Always tender them and see who comes callin and what they are offerring. The signing bonuses are small on tenders so even with a cap they don't hurt to sign and trade.

At worst JC can be a very good backup QB next year.

I wonder if we can read between the lines on this one and assume that CP will be gone?

As soon as I opened this thread and read that, I went to the fridge and started to celebrate with my first Beer. I am thinking the same thing.

JC isn't going to like that and will throw a hissy fit.

exactly. last year he said he'd be pissed if we drafted sanchez, but now all the sudden he'll be ok with us taking a QB at 4?

again, im waiting to see how this plays out. shanny hasnt even done his press conference yet and already were hearing hes keeping campbell? premature.

exactly. last year he said he'd be pissed if we drafted sanchez, but now all the sudden he'll be ok with us taking a QB at 4?

again, im waiting to see how this plays out. shanny hasnt even done his press conference yet and already were hearing hes keeping campbell? premature.

He said the same again on Lavar's show the other day so he's toast.

If that's the case I can't wait to read posts from certain posters on this forum trying to tell everyone they know more about football than Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen.

With that said - I'll see how it plays out, I'm torn on how I feel about him staying anyway . . . although those who act like he was the biggest problem with this team are dilusional.

Yeah, I'm sure they should just ruin Campbell's trade value by coming out and saying, "we think he stinks and will release him ASAP."

WAY to soon to call this, the coaching staff hasn't even looked at tape yet. I call bull

Kelly Johnson reported last night that Shanny and some of his former coaches and personnel guy have looked at every tape of every nfl game played this year.

They have seen jason.

Archived