carson palmer

matt ryan

joe flacco

cutler

too bad none of these guys panned out. lol

Panned out? Really?

big ben yes

phillip rivers yes

carson palmer Meh... has never been the same since th knee surgery.

matt ryan Jury still out. He did not play all tht well this year compared to last.

joe flacco probaly. Two playoff runs supports it

cutler IDK about him. feast or famine. Need to be mor steady. I think a beeter line will help him out.

Lets make a lists of the busts next... I think that list is MUCH longer...:)

It's a one-year stop gap measure, nothing more unless Campbell somehow stops being Campbell next season. Even then, we will be under pressure to get our top pick on the field. All you need to do with an RFA is tender a one year minimum deal to retain the player as long as no other offers come in.

Let me say first, I'm indifferent to Campbell. He can make you happy and cry all in the same drive.

However, I see this as a win-win for both haters and supporters. He stays, albeit continues to take a pounding behind a developing oline, while the rookie, whoever that is, holds a clipboard, learns the scheme and playing speed in the NFL.

By Shanahan "retaining" Campbell next season here's what I expect to hear 1. He has to learn another new system in his 6th year 2.This is his <fill in the blank> offensive coordinator since he left high school (I always miss the point of that) 3. He has a new offensive line and they need time to figure each other out 4. His stats are lower next season because of 1,2 and 3 5. JC will do just enough for most to believe in him, but not enough to win.

and I have told many of you I have my own source and no I cannot and WILL NOT release it here.

I don't care if you believe me, really I don't. It's my choice and mine alone.

Does your source know anything ELSE about the Redskins?...Because if he/she can know the exact reason why Snyder didn't hire Williams, they should be deep enough in the organization to know about a helluva lot more and you should be breaking Skins news on this site like crazy lol...

It's a one-year stop gap measure, nothing more unless Campbell somehow stops being Campbell next season. Even then, we will be under pressure to get our top pick on the field. All you need to do with an RFA is tender a one year minimum deal to retain the player as long as no other offers come in.

This is why this news doesn't really prove much about Shanny's opinion of JC. Why wouldn't the Skins "retain" Campbell, if they can just tender him on the cheap? Any team matching the tender would have to give us a draft pick. We'd be idiots not to "retain" him.

Steve Young was critical but also commented on having no line.

I don't recall Gruden slamming Campbell - do you have any quotes?

Hard not to rip the whole team apart after that Monday Night game against the Giants - although he commented on the awful offensive line and lack of time moreso than Campbell.

Harrison was quickly disagreed with Dungy - who I trust to analyze a team more than Harrison.

With that said - show me where analysts have said he was one of the biggest problems with the team. I've heard offensive line (x10), coaching, organizational structure, discipline, and much more discussed but I've never heard one analyst say "Jason Campbell is one of the biggest problems with this football team."

anything i heard was on TV, so i dont have quotes. you should have heard all of this too as id expect you watch each game.

the media definitely loves playing pity party with JC, its completely ridiculous, and its because hes such a nice guy that no one wants to slam him. and frankly, most media "experts" dont follow this team anywhere near as closely the members of this board do, so they just look at campbells sack numbers and say "oh man its the oline", and then they look at the boxscore and say "campbells so improved!".

Does your source know anything ELSE about the Redskins?...Because if he/she can know the exact reason why Snyder didn't hire Williams, they should be deep enough in the organization to know about a helluva lot more and you should be breaking Skins news on this site like crazy lol...

If I remember correctly at the time, the info was supposedly on a radio talk show that no one else heard. :hysterical:

The Browns would love to have a QB that can run, especially now that MH is in town. And JC does have a much better QB rating. And Cleveland does have some attractive draft picks to trade.

Just thinking out loud...

Don't get your hopes up ... Campbell has little or no trade value. He's a turkey and everyone around the NFL knows it.

Panned out? Really?

big ben yes

phillip rivers yes

matt ryan Jury still out. He did not play all tht well this year compared to last.

cutler IDK about him. feast or famine. Need to be mor steady. I think a beeter line will help him out.

I'm pretty sure that BLC was using a writing technique called sarcasm. Note the "lol" after his post.

Panned out? Really?

big ben yes

phillip rivers yes

the list of busts is ALWAYS longer for every position in the NFL, its what makes being an NFL player so difficult. theres more busted LT than there are good ones, because good ones are tough to come by.

the list of guys i posted usually have their teams with winning records and in the playoffs, except cutler, who had no defense in denver and had a crappy year this season.

and it wasnt the line in chicago with cutler, it was their scheme. and im assuming you saw, their ENTIRE offensive coaching staff was fired yesterday.

No matter who we draft, this is the best option for the team right now.

If we go offensive line with number 4, Campbell can hold down the fort until we draft somebody next year.

If we go quarterback, as awful as it sounds, JC can be the punching bag for opposing defenses until the offensive line is rebuilt. Anybody that wants to throw a highly touted rookie quarterback behind this pathetic excuse for an offensive line is insane.

Sounds Like a good plan to me. As long as Jason's contract doesn't lock him to us long term, bring him back and draft for the future. If he progresses as his fans think he will, great. If not, we have a backup plan. You can never have enough good quarterbacks.

Have no fear. The O line will be addressed. Probably not the way some of you would like, but it will get done.

I was told that the Shanny deal was already done around the 14th or 15th of Dec search for it. Also some things are not discussed for obvious reasons.

Again have your fun with it I really don't care. Some are happy that I get a tidbit here and there.

You'd probably have to wait until the 2012 season to find out if Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen are any good. I'd still put my money on Campbell being better than those guys then. The odds are very low that they'd be better than Campbell for the 2010 season. Just look how well #1 draft pick QB Matthew Stafford did with the Lions this past season.

Like a lot of other professional analysts and scouts in the NFL, I think Campbell has some upside. He's not the next Peyton Manning, but probably a good, solid top 10 QB. A lot of struggling teams (like the Redskins) should be happy with a top 10 QB. It ain't easy finding these elusive franchise QBs like Peyton or Tom Brady. The Dolphins have been through about a dozen QBs looking for the "next Marino".

I think it's a no brainer for Shanahan to bring Campbell back for the 2010 season. If they let him go, Campbell could make the Redskins look pretty foolish. I think he could be a pretty good fit with the Carolina Panthers ... even though I'd like so see him compete against Chad Henne in Miami.

The Panthers have a damn good running game with Pro Bowler DeAngelo Williams at running back and 4x Pro Bowler Steve Smith at receiver. The Panthers QB, Delhomme, on the other hand sure looks likes he's on the down side of his career. He wasn't too good at all in 2009. The only QB in the NFL who played worse than Delhomme last year was JaMarcus Russell. That's pretty bad. For 2009, Delhomme had a QB rating of 59.4 while Campbell was 15th in the NFL with an 86.4 QB rating.

Archived