Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Shanahan expected to retain Campbell

authentic

Okay, assuming that we DO keep campbell, which i'm admittedly not too excited about..and decide NOT to draft a QB early this year (none are too impressive to me)..what kind of potential free-agent QBs would be available next year that would be more appealing than JC? i know locker (sp?) from WA is supposed to be pretty good in the draft next year..but he'll prob be gone before us as we'll have the 32nd pick next year... ;)

Some people are arguing that if he gets a decent OL, then he's going to be a QB to build around. Which isn't true, IMO.

Does everyone remember the 2009 season when Jason Campbell was in line to be the MVP after the first half of the season? That's when we had a good line and consistent run game. Ever since then we haven't had either of those two important concepts to be successful in the NFL. The guy can play! He finished mid pack in about every statistical category this season with perhaps the worst offensive linemen in NFL history and absolutely 0 run game!!!!! Gosh I hope JC gets another chance with a good O line and can shut all the haters on here up!!!!

Does everyone remember the 2009 season when Jason Campbell was in line to be the MVP after the first half of the season? That's when we had a good line and consistent run game. Ever since then we haven't had either of those two important concepts to be successful in the NFL. The guy can play! He finished mid pack in about every statistical category this season with perhaps the worst offensive linemen in NFL history and absolutely 0 run game!!!!! Gosh I hope JC gets another chance with a good O line and can shut all the haters on here up!!!!

He's played behind lines that have produced rushers of 1,487; 1,262; and 1,154 yards and he still put up average numbers in all of those seasons. Yes he finished mediocre again this year behind a decimated offensive line but we also played six of the worst teams in the NFL.

He's an average Joe at best. Not someone to build a franchise around. If he's here for another year it will be to groom whatever rookie that we draft in April. The fangirls will have to find another player to become infatuated with.

Stink gave a detailed description of what Shannahan looks for in a QB this morning on Mike and Mike. He said Shannahan looks for a QB that can move in the pocket and make the big throws. He then said that those are Campbell 's strengths. He went on to say that Shannahan's offense usually requires QBs to only read half of the field which would really help Campbell since reading defenses is one of his weaknesses. He felt strongly that Shannahan would keep Campbell. Of course Stink helped win 2 Superbowls in Shannahan's offense so I'd say he's pretty qualified to make that judgement. Would you?

I absolutely believe Shanahan will run the very same offense he ran 11 years ago in his last SB victory. nothing has changed since then in the NFL and Stink probably has up to date insights on Shanahan's non-evolving football concept structure.

Everyone seems to imply JC has no say on on his future. Does he have to stick around for another year if that is what the 'Skins want or can he opt to shop around?

Jason was actually blunt with this yesterday. He's a restricted free agent so he's very limited in what he can do. For the most part,I believe the Redskins control his destiny.

Archived