Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Picture Of Danny And Shanny After Signing Deal (ESPN NEWS)

Hitman#21

GO AWAY!

We all get you hate Dan Snyder. Marty HAD 100% control. He started 0-5 and Danny got antsy. That was also 10 years ago! He handled the Spurrier seasons, Gibbs 2.0 seasons, and the Zorn seasons different. 2000 Danny would have fired Zorn after Detroit. He canned Vinny, and hired a GM. All he can do has been done. Now you have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Call a GM, a GM

Call a coach, a coach

Call a cap guy, a cap guy

I have seen the movie before and sadly you have too. The problem is you guys think there will be a different ending to this 10 year old movie. A week ago everyone though yeaaa we finally hired a real GM, well come to find out that GM doesn't even pick his coach, Danny did. For those of you that do not keep up with around the league teams, GM's usually pick there coach and there roster. Thats what the title GENERAL MANAGER means, he is to manage football personell. Now we find out that Shanny has final say in all player personell. So why in the hell did we hire Allen? What does he do? I will tell you what, he is Vinny II with a calculator.

Whats sad, is you think that little Danny Snyder has given up total contol of his team. He gave out a bunch of fancy titles and the fans think he has changed overnight.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me, for little Dan this would be about 7 times.

Marty had these same titles for one year before little Danny Snyder missed his toy.

I agree that it's going to hard for Snyder to remove himself from the football side of things because he's been involved for so long. We're going to have to hope that the involvement is going to be very minimal, if there is any at all. I will say that Snyder has taken a back seat to guys he's respected, like Coach Gibbs and hopefully that will be the case for Shanahan. The one difference this time with Shanahan is that there is an actual GM instead of Vinny.

I saw the picture also. Adam Schefter said it was inside Dan's office.

And that they were going to go out for dinner afterwards.

He also said that Shanahan and Allen will work together, but that Mike S. has the final say on all personel.

I saw it as well...now the fun can begin:evilg:

Surprised Danny didn't make Shanny kiss his hand in gratitude.

:hysterical:

There used to be a poster on this forum who would make crazy threads with ideas like having the players kiss Gibbs hand with the Super Bowl rings on them to make them understand tradition and respect. I'm forgetting his name, I'd love to pull out some of those threads again.

Call a GM, a GM

Call a coach, a coach

I have seen the movie before and sadly you have too. The problem is you guys think there will be a different ending to this 10 year old movie. A week ago everyone though yeaaa we finally hired a real GM, well come to find out that GM doesn't even pick his coach, Danny did. For those of you that do not keep up with around the league teams, GM's usually pick there coach and there roster. Thats what the title GENERAL MANAGER means, he is to manage football personell. Now we find out that Shanny has final say in all player personell. So why in the hell did we hire Allen? What does he do? I will tell you what, he is Vinny II with a calculator.

Shanahan and Allen were a package deal remeber Shanahan was the GM in denver also so bringing Allen in is also for a bit of hey he might help us win now but down the road he wont type stuff

Gibbs and norv had a say over Casserrly that is why Beatherd left he still wanted full control of the team

Call a GM, a GM

Call a coach, a coach

So you know all this based on what Dan did in 2000?

Mark this thread. I want you to eat crow when Allen does the GM job and Shnahan does the coaching job. Shanahan will have say in personell, just like every good coach does now. You think Belicheck has any input on the roster? Coughlin? Tomlin? Of course they do.

Dan Snyder realized changes needed to be made, and I think those realizations began after the Pittsburgh debacle on MNF. The season this year cemented that fact. Wait and see what happens. You know as much as I do, and that is jack****. We are both members of a messageboard, I just happen to hope for the best while you expect the worst and yell as loudly as possible so evertone can hear you. Look at your sig.

Call a GM, a GM

Call a coach, a coach

Everybody knew Allen's strengths when he took the job. When he was in Tampa, Gruden basically ran the show just like Shanahan will do now. There are HUGE differences between Allen and Vinny. Allen doesn't have the same track record of incompetence and negligence that Vinny did.

Archived