Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Riddance Mr. Zorn. No Thanks from me.

TimmySmith

You just wasted 2 precious years of my life with your failure to grasp just about every important aspect of Head Coaching. I began to wonder of you had any prior football experience at all. I would love to have you as a neighbor and friend, I don't want you in the same hemisphere of my football team.

Try not to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

It's unbelievable how obtuse the view of some fans can be. If your pissed be pissed at Dan Chong Il for hiring someone that wasn't cut out to be a head coach and wasting YOUR time. Laughable,.......****ty attitude,....embarrassing actually.

Oh, and the Redskins are not YOUR team -- you're just a fan. It's Danny boys team,....and don't forget it.

I'll assume this is part of the cathartic process for some, an emotional purge. Otherwise, I would rather think that we have more class, grace, and tact than to spit on people's gravesites.

Hey, don't mess up the internet tough guy brigade! They worked very hard to call Jim Zorn out anonymously!

bully_182623t.jpg

Don't blame it on Zorn. It was all Snyderatto deciding to hire a spineless head coach instead of Williams.

Also, Zorn will still get paid to not coach, so don't feel sorry for him either.

Let's just hope that Allen isn't just the newest Puppet for Snyder to run the team behind and isn't here only because he needs to sell the tickets next year and that he knew that Cerrato was in Matt Millen territory.

Zorn was O.K. ... it was bad QBing that did him in. I'll never understand why he stayed with Campbell so long. Can someone explain?

I agree but Zorn didn't have any say in the matter. Turning Jason into a decent quarterback was the reason that he was brought here. It didn't work out and now he’s out of a job.

Speaking of that, why do I always get destroyed by little 12 years old on Madden/NCAA/NBA?? I mean destroyed! I was getting beat like 21-0 in the first quarter the other day.

:mad:

I worked at a daycare a couple of years ago, and decided to play Super Smash Brothers with the children I worked with. I've never been pwned so bad in my life. BTW, these children are all 5 and I was 23. Fail.

Anywho, TimmySmith while you could've made a better attempt at your point I do agree with you to an extent. Yes, Snyder set him up for failure, but Zorn agreed to a contract. He knew what he was getting into. I do commend him for beating Dallas at home last year, but with as easy as the schedule was earlier this year we should at LEAST be 6-10.

Of course with our luck, Zorn will go to Cleveland and suddenly the Browns are in the playoffs. Worked for Norv Turner and Marvin Lewis.

You just wasted 2 precious years of my life with your failure to grasp just about every important aspect of Head Coaching. I began to wonder of you had any prior football experience at all. I would love to have you as a neighbor and friend, I don't want you in the same hemisphere of my football team.

Try not to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Classy, classy and very much needed thread, you add so much to the board.

This thread is simply an opposing viewpoint to the "Thank You" thread. Interesting how many people to umbrage to this. I'll bet there are a fair amount that agree with me.

Yeah, the Taliban does not run out of suicide bombers either. So.

The point you are intending to make is somehow this is all Zorn's fault. The problems here with this team are still here without Zorn. Maybe Bruce Allen can fix them, but until I see evidence in the win column I will reserve my judgement.

Getting rid of Vinny and Zorn would seem to be a start, and hopefully an OL that can block is in the future. But that does not change the fact that Zorn was classy till the end, unlike the Zorn haters club.

To the people who keep saying that Zorn was "set up for failure", "not put in position to win" etc., what do you mean? You do realize he was handed a playoff team right? Whoever takes over for Zorn will be in a much worse position.

I'm ok with Zorn the person and I wish him well, but man, he was a terrible coach.

Zorn was O.K. ... it was bad QBing that did him in. I'll never understand why he stayed with Campbell so long. Can someone explain?

I totally disagree. His bad coaching almost got his quarterback killed. I've wanted him gone since before the Raven's game last year when his best coaching advice to JC was "brace for a physical beating".

To the people who keep saying that Zorn was "set up for failure", "not put in position to win" etc., what do you mean? You do realize he was handed a playoff team right? Whoever takes over for Zorn will be in a much worse position.

I'm ok with Zorn the person and I wish him well, but man, he was a terrible coach.

The playoff team with huge holes in the OL. We all knew what Vinny seemingly did not, the OL needed an influx of talent two years ago. Jason Campbell was not the ultimate West Coast QB. Zorn was set up for failure because he was picked for a job he had not been prepared to do. Maybe someday down the road he gets another shot, but for now he probably makes a better than average QB coach and even an OC, the job for which he was hired to do.

Uh, this is a joke, right? Playoff team? :hysterical:

Just barely, under Gibbs. Not last year.

I totally disagree. His bad coaching almost got his quarterback killed. I've wanted him gone since before the Raven's game last year when his best coaching advice to JC was "brace for a beating".

Maybe because he was a QB before and seeing that line he knew what was coming?

I wish that the haters on this board would just keep their vile opinions to themselves. There is absolutely NO reason for this type of thread.

Yes, the team is better without JZ at the helm, but I do not despise the man. He will be back in football somewhere very soon and we will see him again. Look at Norv Turner, we was thoroughly vilified on this board, and he is now leading a powerful, consistent team going into the playoffs, again.

...Maybe someday down the road he gets another shot, but for now he probably makes a better than average QB coach and even an OC, the job for which he was hired to do.

Are you kidding????

That was his biggest failing - he was terrible as OC. Just terrible. I'm certain he understands the game, but he struggles to adapt and is a lousy in-game tactician.

He was a better HC than OC, and that's saying something. :2cents:

I wish that the haters on this board would just keep their vile opinions to themselves. There is absolutely NO reason for this type of thread.

Yes, the team is better without JZ at the helm, but I do not despise the man. He will be back in football somewhere very soon and we will see him again. Look at Norv Turner, we was thoroughly vilified on this board, and he is now leading a powerful, consistent team going into the playoffs, again.

Norv? Impossible! Everyone on extremeskins KNOWS that he sucks!

No way he could coach another playoff team. We made fun of him for Christ sake! :hysterical:

It absolutely perplexed me, until I realized that the force of being a jilted former NFL QB and the long-time QB coach was very strong in Zorn. He's openly stated how painful it was to him to be replaced with Kreig. And QB coaches form very cozy relationships with their charges.

To top it off, he would basically be admitting failure at the very task that he was brought here to do.

I don't think pulling Campbell was ever an option, in his mind.

Archived