Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks Jim Zorn

47chaos

If I am petty so be it

I cannot thank a guy who was over his head

and was a worse coach than richie pettibon and Steve spurrier combined

Ever man knows his strength and weakness and somehow someway Zorn was to arrogrant to realize his Imo

I think you want the "I hate Jim Zorn cause hes a poopie head" thread.

Give it a rest.

Zorn took a dream job, that he was not prepared for. Can't blame the guy for doing, what any of us would have done in his shoes.

With that said, he is getting paid a ton of money for 4-12, so don't feel too bad for him. I would have put up with a hell of a lot for 3 million. I wish him the best of luck, and I hope that he lands another gig somewhere else. A reunion with Holmgren as a QB coach in Cleveland would probably be his best bet.

Thanks Jim. He came as an offensive coach but ended up much more, the coach of the Redskins. And that may have been too much for him to handle.

Throughout it all he remained a classy fellow, and he is a good man. He is just not a good football coach, at least not yet. Things didn't work out here and hopefully he finds success in another city. Probably Cleveland.

Thanks Coach. You were brought into a cancerous situation and were stet up for failure. I am happy you reached the pinnacle of your career. You stayed classy and medium the whole time.

If anything, your tenure has brought to light how dysfunctional this organization has been ran.

Good luck!

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim Zorn. He is a classy individual and handled everything like a true professional. I feel he was a little over his head and will re-surface somewhere.

Thanks again Zorn.

Here is to a new era in Washington!

I agree. Nice post.

To all those bashing him, don't respond! This thread is here for those who respect the man, not the coach.

All you bashers are the reason these threads are getting closed. The man acted as a professional and a class act. Unlike you bashers. You bashers should be banned from this board just for you nonsense. No one is acting as though he is a great HC, but he handled a disfunctional organization better than anyone else would have.

Good luck Zorn! You did the best you could and I appreciate that!

I can't hate on a man like Jim Zorn. Good coach? No. But he seems like a good MAN, and that is far more important in life. I have a lot of respect for him, and wish him nothing but success. It's a shame he couldn't find that success here for the maroon and black. ;)

Super nice guy, and he's handled everything with class. If the stories about Snyder asking about Shanahan back in April while standing next to Zorn are true, then his ability to act with dignity throughout is admirable.

Having said that .. he was hired as a QB coach to become head coach. That's WAY too big of a jump. He's obviously in WAY over his head .. kind of like someone else in DC. I wish Zorn well, but the experiment failed. And the Cerrato era is FINALLY OVER! :point2sky

Super nice guy, and he's handled everything with class. If the stories about Snyder asking about Shanahan back in April while standing next to Zorn are true, then his ability to act with dignity throughout is admirable.

Having said that .. he was hired as a QB coach to become head coach. That's WAY too big of a jump. He's obviously in WAY over his head .. kind of like someone else in DC. I wish Zorn well, but the experiment failed. And the Cerrato era is FINALLY OVER! :point2sky

Good post. Good luck to the Zorn family.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim Zorn. He is a classy individual and handled everything like a true professional. I feel he was a little over his head and will re-surface somewhere.

Thanks again Zorn.

Here is to a new era in Washington!

Agreed. Jim while not a great NFL coach is a CLASSY coach. He is a decent human being, and I do wish him well in his next professional endeavor.

Archived