Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's bring some sanity to this QB draft discussion

Dr Drunkenstein

Bradford has injury problems AND lost just about every big game he played in college. If those two facts don't scare you away from him, I just can't help you.

An argument can't be made for drafting Jimmy C because it is a 100% must for us to draft the best o-lineman available in the first round. After we grab our o-lineman, here is what we get by drafting Colt McCoy in the 2nd round:

- He broke the freshman TD passing record

- He is THE MOST ACCURATE COLLEGE QB OF ALL TIME

- He is THE THE MOST WINS OF ANY COLLEGE QB OF ALL TIME

- How does he do under pressure? 3 out of 4 wins against main rival Oklahoma on a neutral field

- More evidence of how he does under pressure? He has won every bowl game

- ZERO injury problems....and he was a marked man with no legit running game his last two years (in fact, he WAS the major running threat the last two years)

- He is about to win a national title

After Colt wins his national title on 1/7/10.....name me a college QB with a better resume, ever. It is a short list of people who are even in the conversation with Colt.

1. Not a chance Texas beats 'Bama

2. Im going to pass on Colt. Dont like the fact that he is in the shotgun all the time. We run west coast now and if Shanny comes in we are going to keep running the WC. I would argue and say V. Young was way better coming out than Colt and look how long it has taken him to come around w/ the best RB (I know this is only his 2nd year but when Vince got his chances he looked terrible) and a good O-line. We have neither. If were going to take a QB early i'd take the best one IMO and it's JC. Then devote the 2nd and 4th round to line. And hope we can pick up a RB in FA.

"V. Young was way better coming out than Colt and look how long it has taken him to come around "

VY made the pro-bowl, was rookie of the year and led a team with almost no other offensive talent to the post-season in his rookie year but, in your opinion, he is just now coming around. What color is the sky in your world?

I'll bring your post back up after Texas thumps Bama.......and after Colt has a great rookie year in the NFL.

"V. Young was way better coming out than Colt and look how long it has taken him to come around "

VY made the pro-bowl, was rookie of the year and led a team with almost no other offensive talent to the post-season in his rookie year but, in your opinion, he is just now coming around. What color is the sky in your world?

I'll bring your post back up after Texas thumps Bama.......and after Colt has a great rookie year in the NFL.

Well, he was justifiably benched for Kerry Collins last season. Young's gotten a lot better since then.

1. Texas will not even come close to beating Bama, Bama is in a league of their own this year.

2. If Colt is the reason why Texas pulls a miracle out of their ass, he will more than likely go in the first round instead of the second.

3. I would prefer the Redskins draft a QB in the second.

Yeah, after rumors went around last year that he was thinking about committing suicide, he was definitely already established as a great QB.:doh:

"McCoys footwork is terrible and he has very marginal arm strength."

.....and Orakpo is weak and London has no heart. See....we can all make crazy, baseless statements.

McCoy has an NFL arm and his footwork is excellent. The #s, his record and the opinions of countless NFL scouts prove this out.

if you think that McCoy has excellent footwork you clearly know nothing about playing or rating QBs. The footwork issue is not just my opinion lots of scouting reports on him talk about this.

Even watching a highlight reel shows his poor mechanics let alone watching some of his bad plays.

I'm not saying he can't play or will not make a good NFL QB - just that my opinion is that he is a project who will need a lot of ground up coaching to be an NFL QB.

"McCoys footwork is terrible and he has very marginal arm strength."

.....and Orakpo is weak and London has no heart. See....we can all make crazy, baseless statements.

McCoy has an NFL arm and his footwork is excellent. The #s, his record and the opinions of countless NFL scouts prove this out.

Most NFL scouts do not think his arm is great and his footwork is excellent.

We need to see what is avialable when we pick who helps the team the most. Be it QB or OL, I think if we don't pick OL in the first round, the 2nd pick has to address the line. My ranking at the moment would be

1a - Sam Bradford

1b - Anthony Davis

2 - Trade back and get more picks

Archived