Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's bring some sanity to this QB draft discussion

Dr Drunkenstein

I'm not sure where the Dan LeFevour love comes from, and I admit I have'nt seen much of him so before I judge him, I would like to see his combine, and maybe some vids.

My major concern as for his year this year is this...

On his entire 2009 schedule, the 2 best teams who aren't even great teams are, Arizona and Boston College.

He lost both of those games, and in both games he threw for a total of 260 yards, completed around 58% of his passes. zero TDs and 2 INTs.

But like I said, those are just the immediate concerns and I would like to see more before passing judgement.

Where did the Ben Rothlesberger love come from??? MAC school who dont play a lot of big time schools!

Come on, Big Ben wasn't under the radar.

Read this

"As a redshirt freshman, Roethlisberger threw for over 3,100 yards. In 2002, he threw more than 3,200 yards, and in 2003, he threw more than 4,400 yards. In 2003, Roethlisberger led the Miami RedHawks to an unbeaten record in the MAC, a no. 10 ranking in the Associated Press poll and a 49-28 victory over Louisville in the 2003 GMAC Bowl.[9] His number was retired by the RedHawks in 91st annual homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 13, 2007, with festivities including the RedHawks football game against Bowling Green; Roethlisberger becoming only the third athlete in Miami football history to have his jersey number retired, joining luminaries John Pont and Bob Hitchens. It was the first time in 34 years Miami retired a football jersey ""

I would say thats where some of his love came from.

**edit** By the way, like I already said, I haven't seen much from LeFevour so I won't pass judgement. ALL I did was point out a few concerns, Big Ben won some big games in college.

What OL is worth the 5th pick? If Eric Berry or Suh is still on the board, the Skins have to select one of them. The draft has plenty of OL. None are worth the 5th pick.

OMFG!!!! Suh and AH together? QB's across the league would suddenly get sick 24hrs. prior to playing us. Call me crazy but that's just self-preservation right there.

Come on, Big Ben wasn't under the radar.

Read this

"As a redshirt freshman, Roethlisberger threw for over 3,100 yards. In 2002, he threw more than 3,200 yards, and in 2003, he threw more than 4,400 yards. In 2003, Roethlisberger led the Miami RedHawks to an unbeaten record in the MAC, a no. 10 ranking in the Associated Press poll and a 49-28 victory over Louisville in the 2003 GMAC Bowl.[9] His number was retired by the RedHawks in 91st annual homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 13, 2007, with festivities including the RedHawks football game against Bowling Green; Roethlisberger becoming only the third athlete in Miami football history to have his jersey number retired, joining luminaries John Pont and Bob Hitchens. It was the first time in 34 years Miami retired a football jersey ""

I would say thats where some of his love came from.

I would say thats where YOUR love comes from ;)

OMFG!!!! Suh and AH together? QB's across the league would suddenly get sick 24hrs. prior to playing us. Call me crazy but that's just self-preservation right there.

We NEED to trade UP to get Suh......PERIOD. Its not like we have ANYTHING outside of AH, so I would say DT is a priority also. Suh is the next Kevin Williams...... PERIOD.

I would say thats where YOUR love comes from ;)

WHat? ...um ok,

Anyway, Looking at LeFevours career it looks like he has lost every single game played against a good team....that is also another concern.

But feel free to point out my love for random QBs that you happen to mention first.

WHat? ...um ok,

Anyway, Looking at LeFevours career it looks like he has lost every single game played against a good team....that is also another concern.

But feel free to point out my love for random QBs that you happen to mention first.

I think you have he confused w/ TEAM. The team lost to those "good" teams. I would rather take a QB in the later rounds then end up w/ a Leaf or Harrington/ Akili Smith, etc.....Oh yeah, Russel.... If you miss on a 1st round QB, you put the franchise WAYYYYYYY back. Cant afford to do that.

We NEED to trade UP to get Suh......PERIOD. Its not like we have ANYTHING outside of AH, so I would say DT is a priority also. Suh is the next Kevin Williams...... PERIOD.

Are you kidding me? What could we possibly trade? Why would we give up draft picks? Have you not learned anything from the past ten years. Success is built through the draft and that can't be accomplished by trading away picks to trade up and get one impact player each year. This team has too many holes We need multiple picks not one!

In a perfect world, we do do that, and Colt ends up being as good as the Cult thinks he is. We sure up the OL and a RB with the rest of the draft, sprinkle in a solid FA OL. And I'll be very happy.

But we're the Redskins, we stopped getting lucky like 20 years ago.

I think you have he confused w/ TEAM. The team lost to those "good" teams. I would rather take a QB in the later rounds then end up w/ a Leaf or Harrington/ Akili Smith, etc.....Oh yeah, Russel.... If you miss on a 1st round QB, you put the franchise WAYYYYYYY back. Cant afford to do that.

Scared money don't make money. It's not often you'll find a top caliber QB in late rounds. If we are going to rebuild, we have to take a chance on Clausen or Bradford. Taking a bad QB can set a franchise back 5 years but taking a good QB (i.e. Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Ben Roethlisburger) with the top pick can set us up to win a super bowl in five years.

Well he is on the TEAM, he is the QB of the TEAM, the one who is supposed to lead them to points, but instead of TDs he threw INTS.

You aren't making very good arguments, which isn't necessary anyway because I am not against him, I just lack knowledge to make a judgement on him.

And, you can miss on a QB in any round. There are also first round busts that aren't QBs, which could set you back just as equally.

I know you want SuH, but he still is unknown at this point as much as anyone else, granted he looks to be almost the most safe pick in the entire draft at this point.

Just saying, in theory things always sound good...getting them to actually BE good is definitely much harder.

Are you kidding me? What could we possibly trade? Why would we give up draft picks? Have you not learned anything from the past ten years. Success is built through the draft and that can't be accomplished by trading away picks to trade up and get one impact player each year. This team has too many holes We need multiple picks not one!

What have you learned in the last 10 years? You were 10 years old. Ive been a Skins fan just as long as youve been alive.

What would we trade? Lets see, if we blow it up in an uncapped year and clean house...... Offer our 1st round, Cooley (Davis shows enough in this stretch and Cooley SUCKS @ blocking) and Landry.

Landry sucks but has upside (supposedly) I would sign Nick Collins in FRA to play FS and have Horton as SS. The Rams would JUMP all over that.... "Outside the box"

Scared money don't make money. It's not often you'll find a top caliber QB in late rounds. If we are going to rebuild, we have to take a chance on Clausen or Bradford. Taking a bad QB can set a franchise back 5 years but taking a good QB (i.e. Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Ben Roethlisburger) with the top pick can set us up to win a super bowl in five years.

You think either of those 2 are "no brainer" picks at QB???????

For every Manning/McNabb there is a Brady/Warner/Bulger/Romo sits to pee

If you go Claussen, then bring in Weiss to ease any "learning" curve

What have you learned in the last 10 years? You were 10 years old. Ive been a Skins fan just as long as youve been alive.

What would we trade? Lets see, if we blow it up in an uncapped year and clean house...... Offer our 1st round, Cooley (Davis shows enough in this stretch and Cooley SUCKS @ blocking) and Landry.

Landry sucks but has upside (supposedly) I would sign Nick Collins in FRA to play FS and have Horton as SS. The Rams would JUMP all over that.... "Outside the box"

I don't think Suh is worth a 5th overall pick a pro bowl TE and a decent SS. If i was the Rams i WOULD jump all over that trade because its a no brainer. Cooley by himself is worth a 2nd rounder and Landry a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. Suh is not worth that much value. We have so many needs and DT is not a high priority. We already overpay for one. Do we need to overpay a 2nd?? OL is the top priority. We need to draft at least two in the top four rounds.

You think either of those 2 are "no brainer" picks at QB???????

For every Manning/McNabb there is a Brady/Warner/Bulger/Romo sits to pee

If you go Claussen, then bring in Weiss to ease any "learning" curve

No I don't think those are no brainers but I don't think we should fall in love with the "sexy" draft pick like a Suh or Eric Berry. I think we need to go "need" based this year and if we decide not to take QB thats Ok.... lets trade down, take a top OL in the mid 1st round and add young depth across the board

Well he is on the TEAM, he is the QB of the TEAM, the one who is supposed to lead them to points, but instead of TDs he threw INTS.

You aren't making very good arguments, which isn't necessary anyway because I am not against him, I just lack knowledge to make a judgement on him.

And, you can miss on a QB in any round. There are also first round busts that aren't QBs, which could set you back just as equally.

I know you want SuH, but he still is unknown at this point as much as anyone else, granted he looks to be almost the most safe pick in the entire draft at this point.

Just saying, in theory things always sound good...getting them to actually BE good is definitely much harder.

I hear ya about any draftee is a risk cause they have not proved anything.. and a miss on any top pick will set you back.. The QB even more w/ all that guaranteed $$$$. Now if you dont have a cap to worry about, no BIG deal. I think it may be only a year or two before another CBA is agreed upon, maybe sooner. I HOPE not so we and the other poorly managed teams have a chance to make things right. With us thats a BIG IF but....

I hear ya about any draftee is a risk cause they have not proved anything.. and a miss on any top pick will set you back.. The QB even more w/ all that guaranteed $$$$. Now if you dont have a cap to worry about, no BIG deal. I think it may be only a year or two before another CBA is agreed upon, maybe sooner. I HOPE not so we and the other poorly managed teams have a chance to make things right. With us thats a BIG IF but....

If a CBA isn't agreed upon by next offseason, there is a STRONG likelihood of a lockout

I don't see how being a fan longer brings credit here but ok..

Lets see, trade 2 starters and our pick to fill a position that isn't in need, also creating 2 more holes to fill. Hmm

Also, how many picks do you think we have? We have to build almost an entirely new o-line, at least 1 RB, a QB, possibly some CBs, find another TE to go with Davis, not to mention depth in other areas.

By the way, o-line is in such dire need and can also be hit-n-miss in the draft, just because we draft one doesn't automatically mean he is going ot be rdy to start day 1. We need several

I don't think Suh is worth a 5th overall pick a pro bowl TE and a decent SS. If i was the Rams i WOULD jump all over that trade because its a no brainer. Cooley by himself is worth a 2nd rounder and Landry a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. Suh is not worth that much value. We have so many needs and DT is not a high priority. We already overpay for one. Do we need to overpay a 2nd?? OL is the top priority. We need to draft at least two in the top four rounds.

You can fill some holes with 1st time FRAs, DONT say they are too old :doh: and throw the "overpaid" out to. Theres a lot of salaries to dump and NEVER worry about again, even if a new CBA is agreed upon down the road

Landry aint worth crap IMO, Cooley CANT block and Davis will replace him nicely.

Its easy to say trade back, first you need a partner, then hope no one else jumps ahead and takes the player you want, THEN WHAT??????

Yea, I agree. SuH is a beast no doubt about it.

But look at our team, our defense isn't as good as it once was but it will most certainly get back there with an offense that can put up some points and not go 3 and out all game.

Our pass rush is good right now, sure it disappears sometimes, but a lot of that is Rak is a rookie and not playing DE every down. AH wasn't 100% right all the time but when he was it was nasty.

Gettin Suh isn't going to mean we get 3 sacks in a row and the other team punts, and if we did give up so much to get him....that's what he would need to do.

In a perfect world Suh would end a game with 2 sacks, rak with 2, ah with 2 along with a bunch of pressure. But the other downs, whenthe team hangs up 21 points on us...how are we gonna answer that.

You can fill some holes with 1st time FRAs, DONT say they are too old :doh: and throw the "overpaid" out to. Theres a lot of salaries to dump and NEVER worry about again, even if a new CBA is agreed upon down the road

Landry aint worth crap IMO, Cooley CANT block and Davis will replace him nicely.

Its easy to say trade back, first you need a partner, then hope no one else jumps ahead and takes the player you want, THEN WHAT??????

Just cause you don't think Landry is worth anything doesn't mean everyone feels that way. Cooley may suck at blocking but Shockey netted a 2nd and 5th rounder for the Giants and Cooley is better all around. The OL is in DIRE need and we need all the draft picks we can get. And the reason i say trade back in this case is because there are about 5 to 7 first round Left tackles... even if someone jumps ahead and takes one we've been eyeing there are still going to be two or three more easily worth the pick in the mid first round. The extra picks we can use to add more young OL ( a position as numerously stated on this message board as well as numerous NFL websites the Redskins have neglected in the first two rounds since they drafted Chris Samuels). Plus I look at the Bill Parcells rebuilding of the Dolphins. Sure they had a set back this year but adding Jake Long improved their run game and allowed Chad Pennington the time to make throws. I think its time we start up front on that OL and build from there

You are suggesting we do what we have done every year since Dan has owned the team. How many times must someone say "this isn't madden"?

You can't just grab people just because they are FAs and expect them all to work on your team in your system, we have done that TOO much.

You have to draft a guy that FITS your system and develop him. Good teams take a blue collar FA here and there, with some exception. Give me a successful team that has raided the FA market every year and won?

I don't see how being a fan longer brings credit here but ok..

Lets see, trade 2 starters and our pick to fill a position that isn't in need, also creating 2 more holes to fill. Hmm

Also, how many picks do you think we have? We have to build almost an entirely new o-line, at least 1 RB, a QB, possibly some CBs, find another TE to go with Davis, not to mention depth in other areas.

By the way, o-line is in such dire need and can also be hit-n-miss in the draft, just because we draft one doesn't automatically mean he is going ot be rdy to start day 1. We need several

I just explained my thought process about those 2 players, bring in Collins 4 Landry and Davis would replace Cooley, why did we draft Davis???

YOU CAN FILL HOLES W/ 1ST TIME FRAs--- Its not just about the draft, but I can see your along those lines.

You want a back up TE???? Re-sign Yoder or go get Scheffler (Shanny pick) or a Watson in FRA Jeff King from Carolina.... Going to be a back up anyway....

I just explained my thought process about those 2 players, bring in Collins 4 Landry and Davis would replace Cooley, why did we draft Davis???

YOU CAN FILL HOLES W/ 1ST TIME FRAs--- Its not just about the draft, but I can see your along those lines.

You want a back up TE???? Re-sign Yoder or go get Scheffler (Shanny pick) or a Watson in FRA Jeff King from Carolina.... Going to be a back up anyway....

Again, this isn't Madden..you can't just throw any guy in and push accelerate.

We have like 5 picks, you think we are going to fill all our needs with those picks? Especially if we use one on a hole we don't even need to fill.

If we do trade Cooley and Landry, we do it for picks. We need 3-4 new starting linemen, where do you plan on getting those? Plug in in more FAs or just hoping we land 4 studs in late rounds.

I'll just ask a question. You really think the best choice for the Redskins to start the rebuilding process would be to trade up and get Suh instead of adding more draft picks and drafting in more of a need base?

Archived