Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Scheduling formula will remain for 2010 and beyond (Merged 3x and counting...)

HigSkin

It certianly doesn't look like an easy schedule. But what do I know. I thought our schedule seemed pretty easy this year.

:hysterical: I think we're likely to steal some games early based on the unknowns of the offensive system and QB. That is, if we aren't fielding a team similiar to this year. But, what do I know either! :D

I just wanna list it all clearly:

Home:

Bears

Vikings

Texans

Colts

Bucs

Away:

Packers

Lions

Jaguars

Titans

Rams

Interesting that the last time we had a rotation with the NFC North in 2007, we hosted Chicago (the Thursday night game following Taylor's funeral) and traveled to Green Bay (an October game we gave away).

It looks like the league is changing the home and road pairings which would actually be nice when we hit the Western divisions - trips to both San Francisco and Seattle (2002 and 2008), and to Oakland and San Diego (this year) - we only do one west coast trip, not two.

my 0.02

Interesting that the last time we had a rotation with the NFC North in 2007, we hosted Chicago (the Thursday night game following Taylor's funeral) and traveled to Green Bay (an October game we gave away).

It looks like the league is changing the home and road pairings which would actually be nice when we hit the Western divisions - trips to both San Francisco and Seattle (2002 and 2008), and to Oakland and San Diego (this year) - we only do one west coast trip, not two.

my 0.02

It's a six year cycle for NFC opponents (eight year cycle for AFC opponents). The home/road games flip-flop at the cycle's half way point, of course. It's been set up this way for like 6-8 years, I think.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm

It's a six year cycle for NFC opponents (eight year cycle for AFC opponents). The home/road games flip-flop at the cycle's half way point, of course. It's been set up this way for like 6-8 years, I think.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm

Interestingly, the link you provided shows the Packers coming Fedex and the skins going to Chicago.

Skins website shows the opposite.

I wonder which is true.

Interestingly, the link you provided shows the Packers coming Fedex and the skins going to Chicago.

Skins website shows the opposite.

I wonder which is true.

Great.

I believe the Redskins have it wrong. We wouldn't repeat what we did 3 years ago. They ****ed up (and it isn't the first time). :)

When you wonder why it took over a year to fix the avatars, and you wonder why the rate-a-thread function is still ****ed up, this is a clue...

Great.

I believe the Redskins have it wrong. We wouldn't repeat what we did 3 years ago. They ****ed up (and it isn't the first time). :)

When you wonder why it took over a year to fix the avatars, and you wonder why the rate-a-thread function is still ****ed up, this is a clue...

Thanks. I figured as much.

The Skins website is right since in 2007, the Skins went to Green Bay and the Bears came to Washington.
That's essentially what I said. Lol. You must've read what I posted wrong.

I read what your wrote.

The Skins website says we travel to Green Bay in 2010. Therefore, the Skins website is wrong.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Future_Opponents_608.jsp

Actually - there is a chance the Redskins site is correct because the fine details, apparently, haven't been formally announced, according to the PFT article and according the the disclaimer in the johnnyroadtrips site - and nothing will be announced until Monday when the season is over. It is possible that the league is purposely flip-flopping two of the in-conference games so that teams don't have the same two home opponents and same two away opponents as we did six years ago. In other words, the pattern will remain the same, but a few of the variables could possibly change.

I guess we'll have to wait-and-see to be sure. But if I was forced to guess, I'd guess the team's site is in error.

It is possible that the league is purposely flip-flopping two of the in-conference games so that teams don't have the same two home opponents and same two away opponents as we did six years ago.

I wish this would have come up two years ago for the NFC divisions as 2008 was the same was 2002 (at SF and Sea, home to Arz and StL). Cest la vie

I know a few people got interested when I was telling them that the Colts were coming to town next year. They'll be a little disappointed if Peyton doesn't come to DC which, if it does happen, I have a feeling might be an ESPN or NFL-N game.

Oh, and how many of you want to put some money down that the opening Sunday night game, unless the Colts win XLIV, will be Manning Bowl II in Indianapolis? :laugh:

cheers

I'm liking the St. Louis road game. My daughter (DLSF) goes to school in Missouri. I could be talked into doing a road trip out there... :)

I wasn't even expecting that. I had checked all the KC and St. Louis games for the four years she was in Missouri (2007-2011), and there was nothing. But what were the odds that a parity game would end up in St. Louis? :)

Archived