Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Blaming the Offensive line!!

Redskinloyal_17

Zorn despite his own pretensions is NOT a good playcaller.

His gameplanning was predictable and on certain downs you KNEW ahead of time what the Redskins were going to do. He never varied the routine in 2 years.

If you have dominant talent like the Colts on offense perhaps you can simply line up and challenge defenses to stop it.

But with the talent here and the gaps that developed due to injuries and age more creativity was needed and was not provided at any time by Zorn.

But the offensive line here in 2009 is the WORST this team has fielded in my lifetime. Perhaps the 1994-95 lines were almost as bad, but I can't remember even John Friesz and Gus Frerotte getting pummeled like this.

Against Dallas the Redskins averaged 1.5 yards per rush and Campbell very often had a pass rusher in his face when he turned in his drop back to survey the field.

On one play Stephon Heyer totally whiffed on Spencer and he hit Campbell square.

And that was not exceptional. The regular down linemen for Dallas were getting free rides to the quarterback, especially after Will Montgomery came in the game.

When bulldog post, all should read.

It's funny the OP singled out JC...with his logic, the running backs should be to blame for the 1.5 yard average.

This is the worst o-line ever...

:rolleyes:

a new version of "stop the excuses"

10 different OL combination, 7 RG alone

our starting RB is a practice squad reject from the Titans

We lost Portis, Betts, Samuels, Randy Thomas, Cooley, and an improving Devan Thomas missed last night.

A lame duck coach.....

but it's all Campbell's fault :thumbsup:

I respect you alot Bubba, but how about the facts. With all the players you named up there, Campbell even played worse, and yes I said worse. He couldn't even out score the dayum Lions, was benched against the Chiefs, and lost a 17-2 lead in one half against the Panthers. If I recall right, it wasn't until all the misfits came in until we finally broke 30 points for the first time since another QB led this team.

You could give him an all Madden team and he would still find a way to lose and miss the playoffs. He's not a quality QB and all the right coaches and players in this world can't make him one. Campbell has a weakness that obviously can't be fixed, it's called a blitz. When defenses pressure him, game is over!

Is all the problems his fault alone? NO! But he sure can't step up and make defenses pay the price for blitzing him, as other elite and quality QB's in this league can and does find and make ways to. This team will never be a true contender until it is led by a real QB, and Jason Campbell is not that QB.

Campbell knew where to go with the ball pretty much every single time he dropped back to pass, and did a good job reading the D and getting rid of the ball. The problem was his accuracy, or lack thereof: seeing the open man doesn't do much good if you can't deliver the ball to him.

I agree about the his accuracy Sunday night.

It was probably the worst i've seen all season; but that's what happens when you get hit the way he was its gonna take its toll.

He was rushing his throws.

Everyone who blames the offensive line for our failure is wrong. Anyone who watches professional football knows that good quarterbacks come up to the line, then they read the defense, they then direct the linemen and backs, and then they call the right play that gives them the best chance of success.

Anyone who has PLAYED football knows that the game is won and lost in the trenches. Period.

I really hope Jason succeeds somewhere else so he can make people like you eat crow.

Stop being dismissive with things like "too dumb". He may not fit our scheme or our current structure but he may work out pretty well for another team

Just uncalled for

and where ever that may be, i hope you go with jason candle and no longer become a redskins fan.

If JC's the QB, yes we do. When he gets protection, he either steps into the rush, misses the receiver, throws a pick, or runs around until the pocket collapses and he gets sacked. JC needs his receivers to be at least three yards in the clear in order to throw the ball. In the NFL, if you have a yard or two on the DB, you are open. JC doesn't get that. The TD that Romo sits to pee threw last night was a great example. He moved around the pocket and threw to a guy that JC would never throw to because he wasn't wide open. Romo sits to pee bought time and made an accurate throw. Two things JC does not do.

He is the primary problem. Get rid of him, and we start down the road to building a decent team.

Hail,

H

exactly. simple as that. if you aint blind, you clearly see this. it's not even debatable. that is why it is useless to upgrade oline and waste good protection on jason candle because even when he has time, he is so bad.

there is nothing else to tlak about.

look @ Romo sits to pee yesterday... he was hurried a lot, what did he do? he stepped up in the pocket, he moved his shoulder, he got the ball out fast.. all to avoid getting sacked...

Campbell gets eaten up all the time

Again, this has been covered and talked about over and over again not just with Romo sits to pee but other good QBs. Eli did the same on us. when other Qbs do that to us, candle homers all of a sudden hae short term memories.

the fact is, a bad QB, it makes the bad oline worse that what they are. this is jason candle. a good QB makes the bad line better than what they are.

Unfortunately, JC does not have the skill set to make it as a starting QB in the NFL. He will not be starting on any other team in the NFL next year. The guy has no idea what to do when the pocket collapses like just about every other QB does. He has the arm strength to get the job done but does not want to take any chances on throwing the ball that can get intercepted. He doesn't go through any progressions even when he has the time. Every team knows that they can cause havoc by merely blitzing the Skins. JC has no hot reads and can't even throw the ball away if he is pressured. He has the respect of no defensive coaching staff in the NFL.

As a TRUE Skins fan you no longer can defend the guy. As I remember we had an intact line when we were playing our first 5 games against winless teams. The guy did not get it done.

Guess what, if he is the starting QB next year for the Redskins, he will have the built in excuse of learning yet another offense. Let's give the guy a break and let him go.

By the way, 2 and 1/2 years ago we were begging for the guy to replace Brunell! What a disappointment!

Telling it like it is.

exactly. simple as that. if you aint blind, you clearly see this. it's not even debatable. that is why it is useless to upgrade oline and waste good protection on jason candle because even when he has time, he is so bad.

there is nothing else to tlak about.

So now pass protection is a luxury?

Oh i get it now, this is a joke.

Wait a second are you Vinny Cerrato or Dan Snyder?

Good stuff, you had me for a second there, i thought you had no idea what you were talking about.

Lol center cant see a creeping safety they cant see a cornerback blitzing. Are you crazy centers can help.

This isnt high school football dude the quarterback in the nfl is the head man in charge.

thatt dude said center has the assignment.....

lol whacked out candle homers i tell ya

There's absolutely no logical way to defend Campbell at this point. The people that are still defending him are just too stubborn to admit they've been wrong about him. Thank god for only one more game, I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

or some how, they are related to candle.

nobody disputes that our oline sucks, it clearly does.

and everybody knows collins or anyone put behind our line is gonna get hit.

difference is collins has come in twice and made huge plays for us in a matter of seconds after being inserted, regardless of how many hits hes taken.

and the best part is, candle homers dont know what to make of this which is sad. their point is, collins still gets hit, end of story. but no, it aint the end of story. they dont see the most important aspect of it which they ignore totally. and that is, while having the same oline, collins unlike candle makes play which is the only thing anyone should be concentrating on even if he gets hit after he releases the ball.

one is a play maker and the other one is just a bad QB. they talk about noone can make plays or survive with this oline and collins , a 40 yr old career backup comes in and debunks that theory instantly making the offense 100x better. and some whacked candle homers talking about peyton , brady... cant survive with thsi line....

If our coaches stopped living in fantasy land thinking we have a competent oline and blitz pickups, they would call many more rollouts and design plays compensating for our repeated oline failures. We cant keep on calling the quick pass to Moss and ARE, teams are pressing those guys. Instead of a 7 step drop, roll Jason out. Slide the protection, something we never do because its not west coast.

Its really basic stuff. Until we can get Jason a WR with size and call plays compensating for our crappy line, the jury is out on the guy.

My point is that you don't make any sense.

Being the 17th Ranked QB in the leage doesn't equate to being a bad QB.

And why would he this situation be considered an at best scenario? Behind a bad OL, without a running game, an injured reserve list longer then the practice squad, with a joke of playcalling/gameplan set-up, and no support from the FO.

what is it with you homers with your stats? we try to tell u homers that stats dont tell the whole story and that u have to dissect it.

then when we bring up a stat about Ben and arron rodger's sack stat and u homers immeidately dismiss it talking about those stats are missleading....etc

totally clueless homers. LOL

As someone said on the Al Gauldi show, on the radio show after the game, even Jason's college coach thought Jason would not make it far in the NFL. He called Jason a good practice QB for the SEC!

Enough said. JC is a horrible NFL QB.

And what's sad is that our FO thought he was a 1st rder for sure. LOL

As someone said on the Al Gauldi show, on the radio show after the game, even Jason's college coach thought Jason would not make it far in the NFL. He called Jason a good practice QB for the SEC!

Enough said. JC is a horrible NFL QB.

Wow i'm sure that's an accurate source.

Um someone said on this show that um Jason's coach said that JC wouldn't make it far in the NFL,........................yeah right

Okay.gif

Yeah JC undefeated season at Auburn SEC player of the year

Wow i'm sure that's an accurate source.

Um someone said on this show that um Jason's coach said that JC wouldn't make it far in the NFL,........................yeah right

Okay.gif

Yeah JC undefeated season at Auburn SEC player of the year

wow, his one good college season in 2004, lets hold on to that one.

surely ronnie brown and cadillac williams werent the main factors on that team. its not like they were both top 5 picks in the NFL draft.

oh wait....

This would be a valid argument if Campbell actually had the option to audible out of a called play and since Zorn has already said he cant then this is a moot point! This thread is pointless!! The O-line has been the problem for 2 years straight now!! What is so hard to see about that?! Football IQ on this board is ridiculous to say the least!! Btw, comparing our O-line to that of the Colts, Chargers, Saints, Giants, & Cowgirls is laughable at best!!!

You have some nerve; you don't even support your own QB.

i supported ramsey until enough was enough. i supported boonell until it enough was enough. i supprted candle until enough is enough. and lets face it, this guy candle has had more chances. 5th yr qb with over 50 starts.

hard to undertsand? dont matter if he is a redskins or not. if you suck, u suck. i aint going to support a player that sucks at what he does and gets paid underserving millions. that's like stealing money pal. but u keep supporting him. delusional this guy is.

I posted this on the other JC thread but it belongs here:

How the crap does the inability to pre snap read an defense, to deliver on a 3 step drop or to find a hot route HAVE ANYTHING to do with our Offensive Line.

Our current QB takes 7 second to recognize ANYTHING. He is like Big Ben, without the moxy or the accuracy. Just a big slow reacting target back there touching the ball EVERY play. Jason Candle would make any OL look HORRIBLE.

Did you hear Collinsworth railing on the 3 step drop and deliver last game? 50 starts and JC doesnt know that in a 3 step drop you either deliver or throw it away? Guess what another SACK and Fumble! Man our O line sucks so MUCH!

50 STARTS PEOPLE. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

Aaron rogers has been sacked almost 20 more times that Campbell this season. Shows you what a NFL caliber starting QB can do with a crap line in front of him. We dont have a NFL caliber starting QB.

Archived