Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Blaming the Offensive line!!

Redskinloyal_17

Derrick Dockery is the only Redskins lineman that could start for another team in the division. Levi Jones would make another team as a backup.

Mike Williams? Will Montgomery? Casey Rabach? Stephon Heyer?

I think these players would have trouble making another active roster.

That may be the case to a degree, but we RELEASED Jeremy Bridges who now starts for the Cardinals (granted, due to injury but he's playing!)

I think there's a synergistic feedback loop to poor play. When Levi Jones had a hold on his guy and Campbell ran backwards, it's a sack credited to Levi Jones. Brunell did this far more frequently but it's an example.

I think being shuffled and re-shuffled can have an impact but I don't believe you're correct. If a guy we released can be a starter for a playoff team, it makes me think that maybe our coaches don't know how to spot the talent they're coaching or how to coach them.

Bugel's best days are behind him, I believe. We, long ago, should have gotten Gibbs or a Gibbs-acolyte to deliver the same kind of holes Portis had in Denver, rather than try to make him into Riggins and slowly re-evolve back into Portis (but too late because of the physical abuse.)

Now, I'm not saying all of those guys are high quality starters but I want another offseason for the younger players, let Rabach go if you can find someone to replace him and let the younger guys plus the new starters play together and build some chemistry with a QB who will minimize their deficiencies.

This would be a valid argument if Campbell actually had the option to audible out of a called play and since Zorn has already said he cant then this is a moot point! This thread is pointless!! The O-line has been the problem for 2 years straight now!! What is so hard to see about that?! Football IQ on this board is ridiculous to say the least!! Btw, comparing our O-line to that of the Colts, Chargers, Saints, Giants, & Cowgirls is laughable at best!!!

Um....i hate to break it to you but JC is allowed to audible. He audibled first game of the yr vs the Giants on 3rd and 8 into a running play right into the line that got us -1 yd....brilliant. Maybe there is a reason Zorn might not want him to audible...

How about every week he gets an Intentional Grounding penalty likes its clockwork.....after 52 starts in the NFL, JC doesnt even know that you have to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage when throwing it away = another intentional grounding penalty bs the Giants. Its sad what skins fans will aceept these days....

Wow....just wow..

Clearly the O-Line is a problem...yes, changing pass protection and such is a big part of what the O-Line does and performs, but if you actually watch the game....I mean really watch the game and notice how the patch work O-Line can't pass OR run block...its pretty apparent they are as useful in stopping people as a revolving door.

That being said...the players themselves may not be bad, but there is no chemistry between the players...they outright miss blocks, get overloaded, are too big and not mobile enough to handle the young and speedy defensive linemen (especially DE's) of today.

This post is...just remarkable in terms of the lack or research and detail to game statistics and performance of players

yah, youknow ur bad when everybody saw the blitz and he didnt especially whenhe was staring right at hime right before the snap of theball. that replay showed exactly what candle was seeing. and u know ur bad when collinsworth calls this loser out talking baout he created his own sack. LOL no pocket presense, doesnt know when to step up, actually running in to pressure.

then u have his inaccruacy. this guy's accuracy sucks so bad. slow release, cant hit targets in stride. always connecting with receivers when they are standing still. never throws to receivers back. never throws to receivers before thye make their cuts...

man, this guy sucks so bad.

Of all 46 plays he dropped back to pass, he showed poor pocket presence and/or made a bad read/decision on 3, maybe 4 of them. That's GOOD. Course, his accuracy was bad on about half of them, which is unacceptable, even with poor Oline play. I'm not saying that his play over the past 2 weeks hasn't been bad, because it has been, but many on here are misdiagnosing what the problems are. His pocket presense, reads, & decision making have all been fine, sans a few plays. The problem has been his accuracy, which has sucked over the past 2 weeks.

I'm not upset about anything accept for the opinion that JC sucks so our only chance of ever being a good team is taking a QB in this years draft even though none of them are considered can't misses. I completely understand there's no such thing as a can't miss but with a position like QB I'd much rather see better performances against better competition sustained through several years of play than what we've seen with Bradford and Claussen. Opinions, which we both know are like ass holes.

How am I all over the place? I've said at least two or three times that if the new HC, especially if it's Shanahan, likes one of the QB's on the board come our pick and takes him then I'm all for it. What's confusing or all over the place about that? Because I said if he doesn't it should tell you something? Hardly speaking in riddles.

JC hater garbage, inaccurate. How is that? Almost every person in the Stadium who is hell bent on taking a QB in this years draft has a post record bashing JC in every possible way and in every single thread they post in. Maybe I was wrong in lumping you into that category and if so I'm sorry. However, you would be the minority. Although I'm sure I've read some of your posts where you've said JC isn't smart enough to be a starting NFL QB. Really, he's stupid? Sounds like JC hate to me.

BTW, I'm glad we agree on MMA for the most part:D

You're not winning Super Bowls in today's NFL without a QB which to build around. Look at the SB champions of the last 20 years and there are only a handful of teams with a mediocre QB that rode a defense to a win in the big dance and they never returned.

I have said that JC isn't smart enough to be a good QB but that doesn't make me a "hater." I explained it in another thread but no one's saying he's stupid and didn't make good grades in school. People are talking about football smarts: being able to read defenses, calling adjustments at the LOS, making progressions, running a two-minute drill, knowing when to snap the ball quickly while other teams are subbing, etc. If you don't get it after half a decade in the NFL, you're just not going to get it and you don't have the football intuition to be a good NFL QB.

I think the "hater" crap bothers me because usually it's just a quick cop out for people that don't want to admit they're wrong about Campbell and want to come up with excuses to avoid the issue.

And I'm not sure where you're finding this info that none of the QBs in this draft are "can't misses." When exactly was the last "can't miss" QB anyway? I honestly can't even think of one this decade. Even Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Mike Vick, all of whom were selected early this decade and have had a lot of success weren't "can't misses." QB is the biggest gamble in the draft (although certainly not the only gamble) and a lot of teams are reluctant to spend a high pick on one, making virtually none of them a "can't miss."

Except, Shogun/Machida :silly:

Completely, 100% disagree.

In fact that sounds backwards.

An established team can fill holes because they know precisely what pieces they need. A poor team lacks talent at multiple positions.

Griffin is not getting any younger, and Golston is not an adequate replacement.

We don't lack any talent on the defensive side of the ball. We have some of the best talent in the league at multiple positions defensively, but are hampered by a weak defensive coordinator.

Our offense on the other hand needs to be rebuilt. And neither Eric Berry nor Ndamukong Suh is going to block, pass or rush the ball.

Adrian Peterson was a must have player.

We passed on him because we had Clinton Portis and Betts coming off a 1000 yard season.

Now look at our RB situation.

Adrian Peterson was definitely not a "must have." There was a ****storm of controversy over his injury at the time and his ability to stay healthy during his college career.

Minnesota rolled the dice on him and beat the house.

Its really hard to establish need with so many holes. We have need all over the place.

We can't afford to draft a Tackle if there is a better player available.

If there is no top-five tackle or QB left, then we trade down and stock up on picks to rebuild the offense, we can't afford the luxury of drafting a position that we're already fine at.

Archived