Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Blaming the Offensive line!!

Redskinloyal_17

Everyone who blames the offensive line for our failure is wrong. Anyone who watches professional football knows that good quarterbacks come up to the line, then they read the defense, they then direct the linemen and backs, and then they call the right play that gives them the best chance of success.

What Jason Campbell does is get out of the huddle with 6 seconds left on the play clock does not look at the secondary. He then waits until the defense is ready to give there best effort to blitz and then he takes the snap.

Campbell is a college football quarterback. Not a professional quarterback.

If you dont believe me look at Peyton, Rivers, Brees, Eli, and Romo sits to pee. They see everything before it happens. They also get rid of the ball in 2.6 seconds. Campbell has that on everythrow almost.

Collinsworth showed everyone last night the simple mistakes Campbell makes. He cant read professional defenses, heck i bet he cant read a Dr. Seuss book without pop ups.

Everyone who blames the offensive line for our failure is wrong. Anyone who watches professional football knows that good quarterbacks come up to the line, then they read the defense, they then direct the linemen and backs, and then they call the right play that gives them the best chance of success.

What Jason Campbell does is get out of the huddle with 6 seconds left on the play clock does not look at the secondary. He then waits until the defense is ready to give there best effort to blitz and then he takes the snap.

If you dont believe me look at Peyton, Rivers, Brees, Eli, and Romo sits to pee. They see everything before it happens. They also get rid of the ball in 2.6 seconds. Campbell has that on everythrow almost.

Gruden showed everyone last night the simple mistakes Campbell makes. He cant read professional defenses, heck i bet he cant read a Dr. Seuss book without pop ups.

All of the listed QB's have a MUCH better Oline than we do. Give us any of their Oline's and we win at least 3-4 more games if not get us in the playoffs.

Gruden showed everyone last night the simple mistakes Campbell makes. He cant read professional defenses, heck i bet he cant read a Dr. Seuss book without pop ups.

I've said this for years now and used to get blasted for it (well, not the Dr. Seuss part, I think JC is a bright guy, just not a good NFL QB).

You know someone else who can read defenses and gets rid of the ball? Todd Collins. Had we let JC and TC battle it out, TC would win and we'd be having different conversations right now.

Look, our OL is in not the best, but you're right, a good QB (doesn't have to be a great one) can help the Line. JC is the the primary problem. Get rid of him, and magically other problems will abate (as we've seen every time TC gets a chance).

Hail,

H

that's something that's been argued over and over and we don't really know the right answer. Everyone has their opinion and you have to leave it at that cause there are instances where it's obvious Jason doesn't make adjustments at the line and then you see a play that looks like a screen pass cause 4 guys are in Jason's face 1 second after the the snap.

You can't tell me a line made up Levi, Heyer, Big Mike and W. Montgomery is actually good.

You're correct, but for the wrong reason.

It's not our line's fault that:

-Samuels went down halfway thru the year with a career-threatening neck injury

-Randy Thomas only made it 2 games in before being put on IR, again

-UDFA Heyer (who I used to be a hardcore supporter of) was our starting RT

-Our key backup on the line when the season started was a 450 lb (slimmed down to 337-ish) former 1st round RT who had been out of the league for 2 years

-Clinton Portis doesn't practice or play in the preseason so he was out of shape 4 weeks into the year

None of that falls on the O-line, that falls on the coaches and FO.

But

To say that you can't blame a line full of scrubs, castoffs, and UDFAs for playing a part in our collapse is asinine. It's not entirely their fault that they're this bad, but to say the play no part in how bad the offense is as a whole is just wrong.

:rolleyes:

a new version of "stop the excuses"

10 different OL combination, 7 RG alone

our starting RB is a practice squad reject from the Titans

We lost Portis, Betts, Samuels, Randy Thomas, Cooley, and an improving Devan Thomas missed last night.

A lame duck coach.....

but it's all Campbell's fault :thumbsup:

Its really sad when people point fingers at the pass protection when the QB is blindsided by a CB blitz.

Like Collinsworth said, that is an easy pickup for an NFL QB. That's what we want the defense to do, especially in a WCO.

I was trying to explain this numerous times, like when Jason was baited into an int in the Saints game by a CB blitz. He even saw the blitz coming during the NO game and still made a mistake.

He cannot effectively read the defense, which is something pass protection will never help.

If you've got half a mind to blame Campbell exclusively for the mess that is the Washington Redskins offense... yeah, that would be about right.

Campbell is at least in the middle of the entire league in virtually every QB category. The OL, no matter the measure - sacks, hurries, yards per carry, yards per running back, etc. etc. - they're in the bottom of the pack. If it's a question of who sucks more - the OL wins, by a large margin.

It's about the only thing the OL could win.

He's just too dumb to handle being an NFL QB.

I really hope Jason succeeds somewhere else so he can make people like you eat crow.

Stop being dismissive with things like "too dumb". He may not fit our scheme or our current structure but he may work out pretty well for another team

Just uncalled for

Whatever, JC can't get into a 3 step drop without getting raped. Our line sucks period. Give us a decent line and there is no way we're sitting at 4-11.

If JC's the QB, yes we do. When he gets protection, he either steps into the rush, misses the receiver, throws a pick, or runs around until the pocket collapses and he gets sacked. JC needs his receivers to be at least three yards in the clear in order to throw the ball. In the NFL, if you have a yard or two on the DB, you are open. JC doesn't get that. The TD that Romo sits to pee threw last night was a great example. He moved around the pocket and threw to a guy that JC would never throw to because he wasn't wide open. Romo sits to pee bought time and made an accurate throw. Two things JC does not do.

He is the primary problem. Get rid of him, and we start down the road to building a decent team.

Hail,

H

Archived