Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Blaming the Offensive line!!

Redskinloyal_17

If you've got half a mind to blame Campbell exclusively for the mess that is the Washington Redskins offense... yeah, that would be about right.

Campbell is at least in the middle of the entire league in virtually every QB category. The OL, no matter the measure - sacks, hurries, yards per carry, yards per running back, etc. etc. - they're in the bottom of the pack. If it's a question of who sucks more - the OL wins, by a large margin.

It's about the only thing the OL could win.

There you go.

I've said this for years now and used to get blasted for it (well, not the Dr. Seuss part, I think JC is a bright guy, just not a good NFL QB).

You know someone else who can read defenses and gets rid of the ball? Todd Collins. Had we let JC and TC battle it out, TC would win and we'd be having different conversations right now.

Look, our OL is in not the best, but you're right, a good QB (doesn't have to be a great one) can help the Line. JC is the the primary problem. Get rid of him, and magically other problems will abate (as we've seen every time TC gets a chance).

Well it might help, maybe, if they don't name who the QB is before either of them get a snap of the ball. :doh:

I really hope Jason succeeds somewhere else so he can make people like you eat crow.

Stop being dismissive with things like "too dumb". He may not fit our scheme or our current structure but he may work out pretty well for another team

Just uncalled for

Why are you defending such a terrible QB? I'll bet you all the money in the world that he's not going to be a competent starter in the NFL. He's just not smart enough to handle being a good NFL QB.

Unfortunately, JC does not have the skill set to make it as a starting QB in the NFL. He will not be starting on any other team in the NFL next year. The guy has no idea what to do when the pocket collapses like just about every other QB does. He has the arm strength to get the job done but does not want to take any chances on throwing the ball that can get intercepted. He doesn't go through any progressions even when he has the time. Every team knows that they can cause havoc by merely blitzing the Skins. JC has no hot reads and can't even throw the ball away if he is pressured. He has the respect of no defensive coaching staff in the NFL.

As a TRUE Skins fan you no longer can defend the guy. As I remember we had an intact line when we were playing our first 5 games against winless teams. The guy did not get it done.

Guess what, if he is the starting QB next year for the Redskins, he will have the built in excuse of learning yet another offense. Let's give the guy a break and let him go.

By the way, 2 and 1/2 years ago we were begging for the guy to replace Brunell! What a disappointment!

look @ Romo sits to pee yesterday... he was hurried a lot, what did he do? he stepped up in the pocket, he moved his shoulder, he got the ball out fast.. all to avoid getting sacked...

Campbell gets eaten up all the time

Newsflash: it's a lot easier "stepping up" in the pocket when only the outside DE's are getting pressure. Our offensive line collapses like a fainting goat; totally humiliating itself.

Our OL + JC = Hindenberg

Unfortunately, JC does not have the skill set to make it as a starting QB in the NFL. He will not be starting on any other team in the NFL next year. The guy has no idea what to do when the pocket collapses like just about every other QB does. He has the arm strength to get the job done but does not want to take any chances on throwing the ball that can get intercepted. He doesn't go through any progressions even when he has the time. Every team knows that they can cause havoc by merely blitzing the Skins. JC has no hot reads and can't even throw the ball away if he is pressured. He has the respect of no defensive coaching staff in the NFL.

As a TRUE Skins fan you no longer can defend the guy. As I remember we had an intact line when we were playing our first 5 games against winless teams. The guy did not get it done.

Guess what, if he is the starting QB next year for the Redskins, he will have the built in excuse of learning yet another offense. Let's give the guy a break and let him go.

By the way, 2 and 1/2 years ago we were begging for the guy to replace Brunell! What a disappointment!

:applause:

O-line is our biggest problem followed within a hair by QB.

JC can't read a defense, can't make quick decisions and has a really slow release, couple that with a line that can't pass block, can't run block, can't pick up a blitz and you have exactly what we have been putting on the field this year.

Im looking at some blitz stats for Jason Campbell. I cant help but to notice that only 4 of his INTs come under blitz. His first down percentage remains high while under blitz, his completion % remains solid, his ypa remains solid.

I even look over to see hes only taken 16 sacks while under blitz. So outside of the blitz hes got 11 INTs and 35 sacks. But thats on him not being able to read a defense and has nothing to do with this: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/04/between-the-lines-sacks-allowed-team-by-team/

Please note the high number of sacks with the median of below 2.6

Is Campbell making some of that worse? Possibly, I guess you could sort of punch the ball as its coming back to your hands and get even faster. But seriously, you have a line that lets up super quick sacks, cant stay healthy, and cant run block. Could Peyton Manning do better? Almost certainly. "So lets just go and find another Peyton Manning"

Good luck, I hear you can find alot of those at the QB section at Wal Mart. Theres what? 7(ish) QBs in the league who are undeniably good. Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Warner, PManning, Brady, McNabb, and I guess Favre again. You got some other QBs who are threatening that next level like Palmer, Rodgers and Schaub (why not throw in Ryan, Romo sits to pee, or Flacco or whoever you think can play too)

So lets just say its something like 15 QBs who are good or elite (you can disagree on number but Im not sure you can really say much more than 15ish)

There were 35 QBs drafted in the last 3 years alone, who knows who else didnt go drafted floating around the league. Literally 100+ QBs were taken over the last decade, and what? 15-20 can play, maybe half that can play in any condition supposedly?

You know, if you think you have that next guy, absolutely go for it. Dont be shocked when your super high pedigree qb who was supposed to win without a line, without receivers, a strong run game or a defense goes and makes you wonder why everyone thought Cutler was so good. (Now that Ive got my cutler shot out of the way)

You cant just say, lets get an elite qb. Cause even the elite qbs needed help to win gold. The goal should be to get the most talent possible. If that means you build around a great qb, then you do it. But dont just ignore gaping problems and rely on striking gold. Thats not dumb, thats snyder.

look @ Romo sits to pee yesterday... he was hurried a lot, what did he do? he stepped up in the pocket, he moved his shoulder, he got the ball out fast.. all to avoid getting sacked...

Campbell gets eaten up all the time

We didn't have free runners coming at Romo sits to pee. Look at our OL and when they got beat they either totally missed their block or got thrown aside at first contact. And the majority of the time Campbell got hit because our WR wasn't open, and he was holding the ball trying to make a big play, which is the exact same thing Romo sits to pee does. The Cowboys OL rarely gets blown up ike ours though.

The OL is a big problem but Campbell is definitely the major problem. He's a bad QB to begin with and a bad OL makes him just plain terrible. He's just too dumb to handle being an NFL QB.

How can you say the OL is a big problem then say Campbell is a bad QB, knowing that the stats prove that he's better then roughly half the QBs in the league, QB's in much better situations and tools for success then JC?:doh:

We didn't have free runners coming at Romo sits to pee. Look at our OL and when they got beat they either totally missed their block or got thrown aside at first contact. And the majority of the time Campbell got hit because our WR wasn't open, and he was holding the ball trying to make a big play, which is the exact same thing Romo sits to pee does. The Cowboys OL rarely gets blown up ike ours though.

we also didnt send 5-7 guys at Romo sits to pee on every snap like they did to us. why you ask? cause hes not a moron and knows how to pick up a blitz.

I've said this for years now and used to get blasted for it (well, not the Dr. Seuss part, I think JC is a bright guy, just not a good NFL QB).

You know someone else who can read defenses and gets rid of the ball? Todd Collins. Had we let JC and TC battle it out, TC would win and we'd be having different conversations right now.

Look, our OL is in not the best, but you're right, a good QB (doesn't have to be a great one) can help the Line. JC is the the primary problem. Get rid of him, and magically other problems will abate (as we've seen every time TC gets a chance).

Hail,

H

Your exactly right TC is a better quarterback.

So he's average at best, what's your point?

DG thinks campbell is somehow a top half QB, even though all of his stats hover right around 17th in the league. aside from comp % and we saw the blurb last night on why thats clearly so high.

hes a major first round bust, end of story. 1 more game til the real end of the story.

Everyone who blames the offensive line for our failure is wrong. Anyone who watches professional football knows that good quarterbacks come up to the line, then they read the defense, they then direct the linemen and backs, and then they call the right play that gives them the best chance of success.

Campbell is a college football quarterback. Not a professional quarterback.

If you dont believe me look at Peyton, Rivers, Brees, Eli, and Romo sits to pee. They see everything before it happens. They also get rid of the ball in 2.6 seconds. Campbell has that on everythrow almost.

Gruden showed everyone last night the simple mistakes Campbell makes. He cant read professional defenses, heck i bet he cant read a Dr. Seuss book without pop ups.

LoL, this post is a failure.

We can't pass protect or run block.

Dude JC sometimes get hit within 2.6 seconds.

Gruden? Try Collinsworth.

O-line is a big problem. Period. So is Campbell.

When you combine the two, you get what we got this season

I agree. I really feel sorry for JC, but he didn't help himself. I hope mgmt does the right thing and improve this line.

No decent OL backups, faith that Samuels and Thomas would last a whole season even though neither has lasted entire season in 2 years, etc.... not sure where to start

Bad OL + bad QB play + poor scouting/drafting= Redskins 4-11

Archived