Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit Blaming the Offensive line!!

Redskinloyal_17

DG thinks campbell is somehow a top half QB, even though all of his stats hover right around 17th in the league. aside from comp % and we saw the blurb last night on why thats clearly so high.

hes a major first round bust, end of story. 1 more game til the real end of the story.

There's absolutely no logical way to defend Campbell at this point. The people that are still defending him are just too stubborn to admit they've been wrong about him. Thank god for only one more game, I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

If you've got half a mind to blame Campbell exclusively for the mess that is the Washington Redskins...

Then that would be just about right - half a mind.

It's not just his fault, it's not just the o-line, it's not just the back who is supposed to pick up the blitz, it's not just the OC...etc. so on and continuing.

It's all of them.

we also didnt send 5-7 guys at Romo sits to pee on every snap like they did to us. why you ask? cause hes not a moron and knows how to pick up a blitz.

The Cowboys got the one blindside hit off the CB blitz that Campbell didn't read. Just about every other hit/sack was our OL getting man handled in one on one matchups while the Cowboys dropped 7 or 8 into coverage.

:rolleyes:

a new version of "stop the excuses"

10 different OL combination, 7 RG alone

our starting RB is a practice squad reject from the Titans

We lost Portis, Betts, Samuels, Randy Thomas, Cooley, and an improving Devan Thomas missed last night.

A lame duck coach.....

but it's all Campbell's fault :thumbsup:

Oh please Bubba - how many of our starter on IR last year? We might have had a 6-2 record but JC only put up 6 TD in 8 games. Those are not the stats you write home about. ;)

ur an idiot....all those quarterbacks that you named have probowl offensive lines....your stupidity amazes me

And when Romo sits to pee went out with his hurt pinky last year, Brad came in and sucked really bad. Why wasn't Brad able to take advantage of his wonderful oline? So who amazes who now?

Collins is a better QB, but a lot you blindly ignore the fact that he too was picking himself up off the ground after during his short amount of playing time in the Giants game. Not only that, these same Giants were well-contained the following week by Carolina.

nobody disputes that our oline sucks, it clearly does.

and everybody knows collins or anyone put behind our line is gonna get hit.

difference is collins has come in twice and made huge plays for us in a matter of seconds after being inserted, regardless of how many hits hes taken.

The Cowboys got the one blindside hit off the CB blitz that Campbell didn't read. Just about every other hit/sack was our OL getting man handled in one on one matchups while the Cowboys dropped 7 or 8 into coverage.

they sent linebackers constantly dude. there were 5 guys coming plenty of times, i saw 6 and 7 at times as well. its exactly how to beat campbell, its not brain surgery. you blitz him until you cant blitz him anymore, and dare him to beat you.

and he never does.

we also didnt send 5-7 guys at Romo sits to pee on every snap like they did to us. why you ask? cause hes not a moron and knows how to pick up a blitz.

Though, to be fair, Blache refuses to send 5-7 guys at anybody, even rookie QBs who can be rattled with that. So that's less Romo sits to pee's ability to read a blitz then it is the fact that Blache has been in retirement mode for the last 8 weeks.

QB is more important than O-line, but since this franchise seems to think the O-line is an afterthought anyway...

So he's average at best, what's your point?

My point is that you don't make any sense.

Being the 17th Ranked QB in the leage doesn't equate to being a bad QB.

And why would he this situation be considered an at best scenario? Behind a bad OL, without a running game, an injured reserve list longer then the practice squad, with a joke of playcalling/gameplan set-up, and no support from the FO.

There's absolutely no logical way to defend Campbell at this point. The people that are still defending him are just too stubborn to admit they've been wrong about him. Thank god for only one more game, I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

im glad youve come around, i remember you were pretty on the fence about him and its blatantly obvious youve had enough. i gave up hope during the bengals game last year, thats when i knew he was worthless.

so you took a little more time (and hell even i did), but you still came around! :cheers:

Though, to be fair, Blache refuses to send 5-7 guys at anybody, even rookie QBs who can be rattled with that. So that's less Romo sits to pee's ability to read a blitz then it is the fact that Blache has been in retirement mode for the last 8 weeks.

QB is more important than O-line, but since this franchise seems to think the O-line is an afterthought anyway...

fair enough, but in your honest opinion, do you think Romo sits to pee would have picked up a good chunk of those blitzes for big gains? i know i do.

My point is that you don't make any sense.

Being the 17th Ranked QB in the leage doesn't equate to being a bad QB.

And why would he this situation be considered an at best scenario? Behind a bad OL, without a running game, an injured reserve list longer then the practice squad, with a joke of playcalling/gameplan set-up, and no support from the FO.

After five years we've seen what he can and cannot do. We've seen his best and worst and even during his best games (last season) he was still a mediocre QB.

I've never said that OL/coaching isn't a problem. But one day you'll realize that Campbell is a part of the problem too. Probably when he's riding the bench for another franchise.

im glad youve come around, i remember you were pretty on the fence about him and its blatantly obvious youve had enough. i gave up hope during the bengals game last year, thats when i knew he was worthless.

so you took a little more time (and hell even i did), but you still came around! :cheers:

Lol, that was actually when I lost faith in him too. That was a game we should've won, and it was the first game that I noticed where he was getting plenty of protection and still looked completely clueless.

I was definitely a supporter of him at one time, but there's no way that you can support him now if you want this franchise to return to winning.

DG thinks campbell is somehow a top half QB, even though all of his stats hover right around 17th in the league. aside from comp % and we saw the blurb last night on why thats clearly so high.

BLC use the quote feature, its too easy

Jason is still right around the middle of the pack and last week or so he was the 15th rated QB ahead of QBs like Carson Palmer.

Both areas are a big concern. It all starts at the line. Yes JC holds on to long, can't read defenses, doesn't have an internal clock, etc. etc, etc.

But, went the defense blows past/through us like a hot knife through butter then theres something to be said there too.

We had a fresh, healthy O line to start the season and JC still blew. IMO

fair enough, but in your honest opinion, do you think Romo sits to pee would have picked up a good chunk of those blitzes for big gains? i know i do.

Yes, I do. But I also think if Romo sits to pee had some glaring weakness (like if he overlooks delayed CB blitzes or something) Blache wouldn't gameplan for something like that.

Basically: I agree that Romo sits to pee is good at that, but using our team as a barometer is a bad idea, since everybody knows we suck at that thing anyway.

I thought centers called out the blitz assignments. :whoknows:

I think it's a dual-thing. The issue is, Rabach had to call the line protection adjustments to 'lighten the burden' on Campbell. And the "no audibles allowed" thing---is that really an ironclad rule and how much of that is because they spend time telling Jason the play and he can't get in line with time to make a change. How much is because they simply don't trust him.

Make no mistake, while Cs have a role in pass protection, the good QBs call adjustments at least SUPPLEMENTAL to those calls and point out blitzes, even if they don't make the exact call to adjust to that blitz. I imagine it depends on the team.

Jason is still right around the middle of the pack and last week or so he was the 15th rated QB ahead of QBs like Carson Palmer.

carson palmer is a franchise QB thats thrown 30 TDs in a season and has helped his team win two division titles in the 5 years hes been healthy enough to start.

jason campbell currently QBs one of the worst teams in football and has amassed one of the worst win/loss records in franchise history for this team.

but lets build around him, thats smart!

I can respect that but it take more than stats to be a good QB. Look how Drew Brees roams the side lines getting into the players face when they screw up. JC just looks like he's lost when it comes to leadership, Give me palmer over JC any day.

By saying that the o-line blows does NOT mean I am a Campbell supporter. I have seen enough of him as well. He is inaccurate, cannot sense pressure, doesn't step up in the pocket, and makes poor reads. However, I truly don't see any QB performing well with our current o-line. Our running game is pathetic, and pass pro is nonexistent.

O-line is our biggest need, if we don't have a solid run game, any QB we bring in will be under fire. If 1 of the QBs coming out are a franchise QB, I wouldn't be the least bit opposed to picking them. I just don't see the Manning, Rivers, or Ryan hype around any of these QBs coming out this year. I could be wrong, it's a difficult position to project, I just feel that at this point, with an offense that needs completely rebuilt, if Okung is available you HAVE to take him.

Archived