Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Won't Lose Shanahan to Cowboys

bulldog

Jerry Jones unlike Dan Snyder is the official GM of the Cowboys. He is never going to cede top level control over the draft and FA to anyone else. That is why Shanahan and Holmgren are not going to end up in Dallas.

Parcells, much better know for acting in the role of personnel evaluator, only gained partial control from Jones, who still signed Terrell Owens and gave Roy Williams (the safety) a new contract over Parcells' objections.

With Allen in place here, Shanahan is provided with some assurance of control over personnel, and a meaningful role for his cronies from the ex-Broncos staff, another thing he would not enjoy in Dallas as Jones wants to have a say in the assistants as well.

Further the Cowboys win over the Saints put them in good position to be a playoff team in 2009 which will take them into January. The more games they win and if they overtake the Eagles or perform well in the playoffs as a wild-card it will be that much more difficult to exit Wade Phillips, a move that seemed certain 3-4 weeks ago.

By then the Redskins season will be over and Zorn will be out of the building at Ashburn.

With a clean slate and a chance to get a head start on planning for the offseason, I don't see Snyder's dollars or Shanahan's ego to wait to see what happens with other teams whose seasons are extended.

Peter King just mentioned he spoke to Snyder after the Allen hire and said it was completely up to Bruce to pick the HC. He said he realized he had made mistakes over the last 10 years. He also said he thought Shanahan would be the HC when the dust settles.

I think at least the plan right now is to have him here and seems you've outlined some great reasons.

Peter King just mentioned he spoke to Snyder after the Allen hire and said it was completely up to Bruce to pick the HC. He said he realized he had made mistakes over the last 10 years. He also said he thought Shanahan would be the HC when the dust settles.

I think at least the plan right now is to have him here and seems you've outlined some great reasons.

Yeh, I saw that and mentioned it in twenty-eights thread, and I agree with Bulldog. Though I would think that other than Jones' hands-on obssession, Dallas would hold a lot of attraction for a HC job.

Jerry doesnt have to either. They have the most talented roster in football. No question. .

:yikes: WHAT?!

not even close they have some great players but their OL is old ad overrated, the RB's aren't what they are claimed to be, many teams have better, WR's? nope

Defense Ratliff and Ware, the rest average at best, Their safetys are horrible

Special teams? :no:

PFT was reporting Dallas is Shanahan's top choice. I know he's a control freak so it makes me wonder why. If it's true that is.

I keep waiting for reports to start to come out about adding Chicago to that list. One might connect the dots with Cutler there.

here's the kicker.... If cowboys make the playoffs and go far.. wade phillips will prob stay... if they don't, wade is gone...

Our redskins-cowboys game could determine their fate... If zorn beats the cowboys, cowboys may get shanny... If zorn really wants to stick it to Danny, he beats the cowboys... and walks out with his head held high...

not even close they have some great players but their OL is old ad overrated, the RB's aren't what they are claimed to be, many teams have better, WR's? nope

Absolutely agree. The Cowboys have a Redskins-syndrome. You're not as close you think you are.

The difference between the Redskins and Cowboys is that the Redskins seemed to have started to learn over the past few years...

Jerry doesnt have to either. They have the most talented roster in football. No question. They just need a coach......really bad.

yeah, i really don't agree with that. I know everyone loves to say that about them, but I think their "talent" is more of a function of the hype machine from being "america's team"- in other words, in terms of pure talent, most of their skill players are over-rated.

PFT was reporting Dallas is Shanahan's top choice. I know he's a control freak so it makes me wonder why. If it's true that is.

PFT is full of complete :pooh: most of the time, and if you throw enough :pooh: against a wall, something is bound to stick...

They can name coaches who are going to whatever team... Gruden is coming here, Shanahan is coming here, it happens every time and is nothing more than rumors... we interviewed Fassel, too, and guess what, two years later he's still unemployed.

Take the rumors for what they are, something to read when you're sitting on the :toilet:

NO ONE called the Jim Zorn hire

NO ONE called the Joe Gibbs hire

peace out...

Bulldog nailed it right on the head.

Jerry's title is Owner/Team President/GM, and he is not giving up the GM title. Shanahan wants a say-so over the roster, and to me, I think a coach should have a say-so over who is 53 man roster should be.

If he comes in, he'll have a say-so on who the 53 man roster will be, but Allen has the final say, which how an NFL franchise should be ran. Jerry will wind up promoting Garrett to HC, after the Redskins hire Shanny, which I hope he doesn't bring in his old DC from last season, if he is hired for next season.

Not to mention that most of their fan base was calling them 'gutless' two weeks ago.

Oh, and their kicker!

:rotflmao:

I heard (from the guy sitting next to me who likes to make stuff up to make me mad) JJ is eye balling Zorn once we let him go...He likes Zorn because he is used to being man handeled and will come to FedEx to kick our butts next year. He is also eye balling CP, ARE, JC, and all the other fat we are going to trim.

:dallasuck

No need to be a total homer man.

Romo sits to pee is a good Quarterback.....

They have 3 running backs that could start in this league.

Good huge offensive line (Flozell sucks).

Miles Austin is pretty damn good......average receivers after him

Top Flight Tight end

Spencer, Ratliff, Ware.......all STUDS.

Average Secondary.....

But overall I mean.......thats is alot of talent........I cant name a team more stacked than them to be honest.

Doesnt mean they can put it all together.....but just sayin.

Pay Shannahan $1 million for two years of his $7 million coming from Denver and then $10 million for the next three

I thought I heard Jay Glazer on Fox today state that Jerry does not want Shannahan even though Dallas is where Shannahan wants to be.

Archived