Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Won't Lose Shanahan to Cowboys

bulldog

I just heard a report/rumor that Shanahan would like to have Cutler in Washington.

I was waiting for that to happen.

It would shave 2 years off the time required to develop a rookie. But, the right rookie might be better than Cutler and cost less.

The good news is that no one knows better than Shanahan what he can get out of Cutler. If Shanahan thinks this is the right move, it probably is. Extremely low risk.

But, it does require the Bears to eat sh*t, and they might decline the trade on the grounds that the trade should cost their front office and coaches their jobs.

The development of Jason Campbell makes this trade easier. Bears get a new QB to fail with, and Cutler takes the Skins to the playoffs in year 1.

Shanahan loves this move, because winning with Cutler is the perfect middle finger to the Broncos.

This will be a tough decision for Shanahan.

Dallas has a brand new stadium and a more talented roster but Jerry Jones calls all the shots and will want Jason Garrett as the OC. Jones will also draft and sign whatever free agent catches his eye. Jerry also ran three hall of fame coaches out of Dallas in Landry, Johnson, and Parcells.

Snyder has deep pockets, is willing to sign whatever players you want, and will most likely let a coach like Shanahan have complete control over the team, much like he did with Gibbs. This team needs to be overhauled but Allen is in place for Shanahan to do things his way. Shanahan can also have Kyle be the OC with no contraversy.

The money will probably be better in DC. Jerry has a stadium to pay for but Texas has no state taxes! I think Snyder will do whatever it takes to get Shanahan!!

PFT was reporting Dallas is Shanahan's top choice. I know he's a control freak so it makes me wonder why. If it's true that is.

Shanahan is anything but stupid. He is putting the guys with the two largest checking accounts up against each other hoping for a bidding war. Even if he has decided here is the only place for him it's all about how much in the end. Remember he gets 7 mil next year staying at home.

I was waiting for that to happen.

It would shave 2 years off the time required to develop a rookie. But, the right rookie might be better than Cutler and cost less.

The good news is that no one knows better than Shanahan what he can get out of Cutler. If Shanahan thinks this is the right move, it probably is. Extremely low risk.

But, it does require the Bears to eat sh*t, and they might decline the trade on the grounds that the trade should cost their front office and coaches their jobs.

The development of Jason Campbell makes this trade easier. Bears get a new QB to fail with, and Cutler takes the Skins to the playoffs in year 1.

It would take Campbell, a first round pick, maybe 2, and a second round pick for the Bears to give Cutler up. They would have to recoup what they gave up for him. The Bears job may come open but if it doesn't, look for Jeremy Bates to be their next OC!

Archived