Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jerry Gray was interviewed for HC, Morroco Brown for GM

SkinsTribeVA

Well, this article comes from La Canfora, who is only marginally more respectable at this point than is Florio. So, taking that into consideration, this next comment really doesn't matter much, but I'll make it anyway. La Canfora says that Slowik will be pegged for some role on the defense, he doesn't say anything about DC.

Despite the fact that 99% of all the rumors/reports have been wrong, they are still taken as gospel by some. I think they should be taken for what they are--supposition.

Also, regarding the silence with which the Vinny/Bruce exchange was made, I think the media is salty about it. The media seems rather quick to cry "conspiracy," so they must know how to run one. Figure this: They don't want to get made the fool of again, so they throw out all kinds of crazy garbage hoping that something sticks. Everyone believes the media reports, and starts nailing the team again for disrespecting Zorn, again. Just a thought.

All it is is to drum up support for their articles

Well, this article comes from La Canfora, who is only marginally more respectable at this point than is Florio. So, taking that into consideration, this next comment really doesn't matter much, but I'll make it anyway. La Canfora says that Slowik will be pegged for some role on the defense, he doesn't say anything about DC.

Slowiks natural coaching position is DB's and he's best suited there. I imagine him to follow Shanny in here in that role and Gray goes out with Blache.

Slowiks natural coaching position is DB's and he's best suited there. I imagine him to follow Shanny in here in that role and Gray goes out with Blache.

Doubt he's gonna want to go with Blache, since it seems like this is Blache's last hurrah. Hasn't he said this is his last coaching gig before retirement? I assume Gray would like to coach again...

From my understanding you cant add asstitant head coach and call it a promotion even though they will be a coordinater. It has to be an actuall promotion

Nope, assignment of Asst HC can be viewed as a promotion. Here's a good example of it....

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2009/11/25/1173920/rules-on-hiring-nfl-coaches

You can't hire one team's offensive coordinator to be your offensive coordinator. If the Bears wanted to steal away a team's offensive coordinator, then he could only be hired as Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

"Ref. Rooney Rule, sources say Redskins interviewed two minority candidates. My guess: Morocco Brown, director of pro personnel was included." -- HomerMcFanboy on Twitter at 12:34 PM Dec 17th

First, I beat Jay Glazer by 12 minutes on the Bruce Allen scoop and then it turns out I was on the money about Morocco Brown that day too. Don't mean to pat myself on the back, but dammit, I'm on a roll this week.

"Ref. Rooney Rule, sources say Redskins interviewed two minority candidates. My guess: Morocco Brown, director of pro personnel was included." -- HomerMcFanboy on Twitter at 12:34 PM Dec 17th

First, I beat Jay Glazer by 12 minutes on the Bruce Allen scoop and then it turns out I was on the money about Morocco Brown that day too. Don't mean to pat myself on the back, but dammit, I'm on a roll this week.

Well, when will Shanahan become official and who will fill out the coaching staff?

:D

Well, when will Shanahan become official and who will fill out the coaching staff?

:D

If you peruse around the site, I think you'll find Zimmer and Slowik on D, Shanny Sr/Jr on O, and maybe one other FO hire. I don't think anything else is really out there yet.

I just hope that we could keep Morocco in some capacity. What you think?

I would be not-as-pissed with Gray as DC. Putting a position/unit coach in charge of the team is ridiculous and has worked how many times in this league? Run half of the team before you run all of it.

If we have the Shanahan show + Gray at defensive coordinator, then I'll be all right. I don't understand why Shanahan thinks that he can decide on a defense. Wasn't that, you know, the reason that he's available at all?

:notworthy:

Very lucky to have you, murf!

But murf, did you get Doug Williams too? :silly:
Murph I guess you are our new Andyman. What ever happened to him anyway????

If/when Doug Williams comes to town, credit for that one totally goes to TK. He was easily the first person to bring up Williams' name. Even if/when Doug makes his triumphant return, I'm with others in saying that I truly hope they're smart enough to keep Morocco Brown in the organization. I like the guy and think he's got a bright future ahead of him.

As far as Shanahan or whoever, my guess is that almost immediately after the season ends they'll make their move. Think of it as 12:01 the morning of free agency in their minds.

Talked to Andyman earlier this season, who is happily enjoying retirement from messageboards. If you ask TK nicely though, maybe he'll put on the outfit for you one last time ...

Doubt he's gonna want to go with Blache, since it seems like this is Blache's last hurrah. Hasn't he said this is his last coaching gig before retirement? I assume Gray would like to coach again...

My "out of here" meant, they aren't coaching with the Skins.

if/when doug williams comes to town, credit for that one totally goes to tk. He was easily the first person to bring up williams' name. Even if/when doug makes his triumphant return, i'm with others in saying that i truly hope they're smart enough to keep morocco brown in the organization. I like the guy and think he's got a bright future ahead of him.

+1

I care more about results on the field than players' opinions. The Redskins D players also loved George Edwards, former LB coach, and supported his move to D-coordinator in 2003. The squad went from 5th in the NFL to 25th, one of only two seasons in the last 10 years that the Redskins didn't have a top 10 defense.

Under Slowik in 2008, the Broncos league rankings on D:

Yards: 29th

Takeaways: 32nd

Those are awful results. I don't want Slowik as the DC. He can coach the secondary if he wants, as that was his earlier position specialty. However, I don't see our D as the problem. I'd rather try Gray out and see how his version of the scheme will be. He knows the personnel and had more turnovers than Gregg when he was in charge of Buffalo's D.

I agree...and like I said...Dont know much about the guy...but I will say this...if Shanny gets hired as our HC...and Gray is asked to stay and be the skins DC...I would hope this decision is either Allens or Shannys...not Dannys

Personally...if we get Shanny...or whoever for that matter...I hope Dan gives that person the power to put his own coaching staff in place

For everyone complaining about Snyders poor ethics, how do you feel about Gray, Blache, and Brown interviewing for their HC's job or a job that presumes his dismissal?

They way I see it, is that everyone in the organization knows he's done after the year and so does he. There are no hard feelings about it. I think everyone likes him as a person but they all understand he just wasn't ready to handle a HC position. I think its time for everyone on the board to move on and except whats going on. It's obvious that our organization has.

That has to be it. I would hope Zorn was aware of what was going on, cuz that'd be a mess having coaches on your own staff interviewing for your job while you still have it.

You can't hire one team's offensive coordinator to be your offensive coordinator. If the Bears wanted to steal away a team's offensive coordinator, then he could only be hired as Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

Which, If Shanahan comes here as HC, he'll probably end up doing with his son Kyle.

Archived