Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The lack of ANY leaks is a very good sign

SkinsHokieFan

Something that has amazed me today is that there were 0 leaks

Not a word. Nothing. Nada.

The Redskins this entire decade have been defined by mediocre records, and leaks. Everything gets out before it happens

I think its a great sign that nothing got out. As George Allen said in his interview "not a peep"

I think I am just as stunned by that as I am by the new Vinny is gone

The Gibbs hiring was a surprise as well.

That it was, although a day earlier there were rumblings from the Fassel camp that Snyder was going after someone with "hall of fame credentials"

The Washington Times of course thought that was Jimmy Johnson :)

I'd say the whole firing/hiring aspect and weeks of interviews, with no leaks at all, is more of a surprise then anything

Good post, and it's true - the Redskins don't leak. It also goes to show how lame these "Redskins Insider" -type reporters are. All they ever really do is report the obvious stuff, after the fact.

I am just so euphoric and relieved that we have a GM. Sure, we don't know entirely what the power structure will be, but at this point, it's still a big step in the right direction. Kudos to Snyder (can't believe I'm typing that lol).

He never did learn the way of the ninja.

OK, we're gonna work around the clock on this one!

Man, I took an acting course and though not all of us were total neophytes, just about everyone in the class was a better actor than that cast.

Hell, even Vinny was better than his co-"stars."

Good post, and it's true - the Redskins don't leak. It also goes to show how lame these "Redskins Insider" -type reporters are. All they ever really do is report the obvious stuff, after the fact.

I am just so euphoric and relieved that we have a GM. Sure, we don't know entirely what the power structure will be, but at this point, it's still a big step in the right direction. Kudos to Snyder (can't believe I'm typing that lol).

Theres been lots of leaks in the past

They didn't always do a very good job of security. The worst example I can recall off the top of my head was the Jason Campbell draft pick leak. How everyone knew who the 'skins wanted most/were choosing two days before the draft really limited their options in wheeling and dealing (not to mention who wheels and deals that far in advance of the draft to move into a position where you are not in control of the board?)

The Haynesworth leak which was far too specific was also pretty bad. Redskins are lucky they didn't lose draft picks. Pretty much everything about that contract was known before the Redskins were allowed to talk to Albert or his agent.

I think the most surprising part of there being no leaks is that even Vinny didn't know he was walking the burgundy mile until he got to the end of it.

Apparently there were quite a few inside sources that said Vinny was staying, Zorn and Campbell gone...

Now there are "inside sources" again saying it's Gruden.... another says Shanahan...

Complete GUESS.

Mike Florio, Adam Schefter and the rest of these NFL Experts, just fling tons of pooh at the wall, knowing that eventually, some of it will stick.

Well, the totally missed on the pooh that was the Bruce Allen hiring.

I hope they miss on the Shanahan pooh they've been throwing for weeks.

What would appease the masses more than the firing of Vinny and the hiring of Allen? Allen has the ties to the Redskins through his dad George but when it comes to coaching, who would have the closest ties to the Redskins? Who would appease the masses?

Russ Grimm.

Mike Florio, Adam Schefter and the rest of these NFL Experts, just fling tons of pooh at the wall, knowing that eventually, some of it will stick.

Florio gets on my last nerve. He will not let go that the Redskins complied with the Rooney rule. He feels they didn't and couldn't have in a short period of time. Let it go you douche! Goodell said they followed the rules completely.:chair:

The "leaks" being a big problem is kinda overblown. Sure it sometimes looks bad, but I remember two years ago Jason LaCanfora crying about Cerrato telling him and other media "pundits" that they were not going over Jason Taylor. When we made the trade, Canfora went off on this huge rant of how classless that is, as if us telling some reporter of our desired trade wouldn't hurt us and drive up what we would have to offer.

But some of them have been pretty embarassing. Hopefully this change will start off by at least being a FO we can have some pride in, and not disgust/embarassment.

Archived