Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog source: "There is a zero percent chance that Jon coaches anywhere next year"

Saqs

Or, you go with Zorn one more year and wait to see if Gruden comes available.

That's what I'm figuring the plan to be.

Remember, there was talk of it taking 3 years to install the new offense. With 3 games left, Allen can keep a close eye on Zorn and give him the boot if he determines that it's a hopeless situation. Otherwise he has the offseason and next year to evaluate his HC performance and help him adjust it (or ultimately find a new HC).

That's what I'm figuring the plan to be.

Remember, there was talk of it taking 3 years to install the new offense. With 3 games left, Allen can keep a close eye on Zorn and give him the boot if he determines that it's a hopeless situation. Otherwise he has the offseason and next year to evaluate his HC performance and help him adjust it (or ultimately find a new HC).

This is best IMO and really hope it's what Bruce decides.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/17/shanahan-leading-candidate-for-redskins-coach-in-2010/

The Redskins will explore candidates to round out the front office in player personnel roles, according to sources, with current personnel execs like Eric DeCosta (Baltimore), Bobby DePaul (Chicago) and Doug Williams (Tampa Bay) among possibilities. The Redskins came close to hiring DePaul to replace Cerrato twice during the Gibbs regime, according to sources, while DeCosta, a rising star as Ozzie Newsome’s top lieutenant in Baltimore, began his career with the Redskins. Williams won a Super Bowl as Washington’s quarterback and worked under Allen for the Buccaneers in personnel. Snyder has also been impressed with the work of Morocco Brown, in his first season as Washington’s director of pro personnel, and he could be someone to remain in a revamped front office.

Allen brings strong organizational and football administration skills to Washington. His forte is not so much directly scouting –- and more moves are expected as he rounds out his football operations staff -– and is an innovator in writing contracts. He is a former agent and is well versed in interacting with agents, negotiating and deal making. He’s well liked and has a good reputation for his work, including manipulating the salary cap. He also is adept at interacting with the media, an area where the organization has suffered.

His hiring is a strong first step, but there is much more to come as the Redskins try once again to reclaim their glory and emerge from a long malaise.

Whoa, very interesting indeed. So we could end up with some help in the personal picking department too.

Russ Grimm, perhaps?

I would say no. I heard someone say earlier that he has been to many head coaching interviews over the last couple of years and there is an obvious reason he has not been hired.

I would definitely like a DeCosta and Allen team. I did not want Shanahan because I thought he would want complete control, but I am a little more open to it now.

That's what I was just thinking. :)

Me too. JLC should be used as a source as often as, some guy I know that is best friends with Bruce Allen's brother said that he said that........which is pretty much the kind of source you get when it comes to JLC, he's a class A tool and his reporting is worthless. Too bad Jaimie Dukes didn't get to prop up this "BOMBSHELL" of a report.

I don't care if we get Gruden or Shanahan, I'd be equally happy with both, but to say a TV contract is going to hold Gruden back from taking over at HC for the Skins when the guy with enough money to pay ESPN to forget about said contract, is a tard. Remember, we were all told that Marty was going to be a lock for 5 years, his contract was "ironclad", and yet that didn't stop Dan from doing the impossible and tossing that 25 mil aside, you think Gruden's tv deal is worth more than that?

It's a joke, if Snyder wants him and money is the only thing in the way, then there's nothing in the way.

I'm just happy we have a GM and no coach will be running the show and coaching and calling the plays and coaching the QBs or that his grandmother's second cousin isn't going to be calling running plays while a guy that tutors his kid and has football experience will have input into plays on 3rd and short when we're within 8 yards of the end zone, if Sherm needs a running play that goes to the right........

YAY! The nightmare is over, there should be people singing in the streets, trumpets from heaven, and plenty of people getting so wasted they don't remember anything that happens for the next week, and whatever happens it doesn't matter because WE'VE GOT A GM!

Oh, and screw JLC (my obligatory statement when talking in a thread about him).:chair:

I know a lot of people hate JLC because he mostly reported negative stuff about the Skins.

However, turns out he was right with how this team was trending.

Also, turns out that NFL.com and the NFL Network like his work.

I think he's right most of the time, and I think he speaks with legit sources.

So, I'm going to think Gruden will be back.

Maybe Snyder can work a buyout with ESPN. But, I doubt it.

JLC`s quote.....

"I am being told that the contract is ironclad

:logo:

There is no such thing as an Ironclad contract. You can get out of any contract especially when its to go to a totally different job. Its not like hes leaving ESPN for fox. Offcourse his people are gonna say hes not coming Zorn right now is still the coach and hes not gonna come during the season, we must wait till seasons end. Not to mention Shanahan in my opinion will be the cowboys next coach. i hate the cowboys but that job has more luster and it seems jerrah wants him if this December collapse continues.(which it will)

JLC`s quote.....

"I am being told that the contract is ironclad"

= Hearsay not fact.

:logo:

exactly, the rumors about the contract being ironclad are ridiculous. Not saying Gruden won't stay at ESPN, but the man is a coach, and if he wants to coach he will coach.

This is all smoke, IMO ... as Gruden will be coming to DC for the MNF game and my guess is they want to try and limit the distractions.

Just a hunch on my part though, which means my guess is as good as JLC's. :)

Stop posting stuff from JLC, I mean, the guy blew his credibility along time ago where we are concerned. Drives me nuts.

I agree... He said Jim Fassel was our next head coach and the press conference should be the next day... WRONG. He said Steve Spags... He said Jim Schwartz... He said Steve Marriucci... WRONG... It was Zorn.

A few days ago an "inside" source said Zorn and Campbell were gone... Vinny was staying...

JLC has no more credibility than you or I regarding "inside sources"

This is the official team message board... therefore WE qualify as a "league source"

Archived