Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That's All I Can Stands, I Can't Stands No More! DON'T LET VINNY OFF THE HOOK!

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ideally -- I'd want an Eric Decosta from the Ravens or Brian Gaine from Miami (both have excellent reputations)

How bright are they? Do you know their educational background?

How much do they know about football? Has either ever coached at any level?

Haven't changed my view on him. The man isn't completely awful when it comes to evaluating talent, but he cannot build a team properly to save his life. His neglect (along with Gibbs') of the offensive line in the draft arguably is what put us in the mess we're in today, and why he needs to leave.

So we have mailed Snyder, the local news stations and Fed Ex, but we have not mailed the one person that Dan Snyder listens to, Joe Gibbs. We should do a fire vinny mailer and put Gibbs and vinny on the list. If Gibbs recieves a couple thousand of these things (I don't care if we have to fake it) lets include gibbs next time around.

Technically? No.

But, you are a smarter man than that SHF. Can you honestly say that we have not looked like a much improved team with the same pieces that "Vinny helped bring in"? Though we lost, the Saints, Eagles, and Cowboys games could have (I realize they didn't however) gone either way. In fact, we were in fact winning those games going into the 4th quarter.

You are what your record is. This team will be mediocre as long as Vinny is in the front office playing Yes man.

No. He has never been in charge before 2008.

Fail.

He's not "in charge" now, Dan Snyder is. This team hasn't had a general manager since Charlie Casserly. Essentially no one outside of the owner is the general manager.

And Vinny shouldn't get a free pass because of whatever title he has been carrying in his time with this organization, or the 49ers for that matter. His stamp has been consistent from 1995 until now (excluding 2001). No consistent coaching structure whatsoever, inconsistent drafting with any real plan, and utterly horrible free agent/trade acquisitions overshadowing moderate free agent success. Not to mention a backbone to say no to an owner. He has consistently failed to give direct input into building a championship team, whatever title he has carried.

Satisfaction with decade long consistent failure, that is the definition of Vinny apologists.

THIS, is the nightmare scenario.

Win games, worse draft pick, vindicates Vinny, hell, now people are even 2nd guessing on Zorn and wanting to give him a pass too. The circus stays in town for another year, we do the same thing again next year. It was ONLY looking like Vinny was going to be out at the most dire point of the season where Snyder banned signage from the stadium.

Fact is the front office is DYSFUNCTIONAL. No other front office operates like this, we've had a decade of results and outside of Joe Gibbs coming in with some level of clout and keeping the clowns at bay, the end product has been abysmal!

It's like people have completely forgotten about the absolute joke of a search for our head coach that ended up Jim Zorn, simply because nobody else would put up with the antics of dumb and dumber. Jim Schwartz went to the Lions, Spagnuolo took a steak dinner and left town with a resounding no, only to take the RAMS job. The RAMS!!! Then there was this past offseason where they couldn't give Campbell away, now the ball is in his court, he's playing well and odds are is going to run away screaming the first chance he gets. Last but not least, there's all of the horrible trades, giving away picks like they're nothing for guys like Brandon Lloyd and Jason Taylor and TJ Duckett and Mark Brunell and Portis, etc. and so on.

Look people, please think long term, this is not the way a franchise should be run. Don't be fooled by a little bit of short term success, think big picture. A competent GM needs to be brought in and given full autonomy over the team. Vinny NEEDS to go.

I couldn't say it better. +1 :)

Don't forget Vinny picked Drunkenmiller for the 49ers and the 49ers have not recovered yet and still need a decent quarterback. If Vinny is so talented to some on this board then set him free to sign with the other 32 teams and let's see if any team hires him. After the damage here ESPN will not bring him back either. He likes to scout players so go let him scout for colleges. A real General Manager does a lot more than scouting. Real General Managers stay off the radio waves too.

How is that 1) shooting him down and 2) a ridiculous defense? Do you honestly think Eric DeCosta will leave a stable franchise like the Ravens to join the Barnum and Snyder circus? Honest question.

Money talks...

As I stated numerous times on the board, I am not a Vinny fan-boy, apologist, or ball-hugger. Pick the name that wants to be attached to people who try and think things through.Firing Vinny is fine. But, keeping Snyder away from the roster is another.

You are implying that firing Vinny will do that. Notice I didn't say firing Vinny will fix the Redskins, I said that firing Vinny will keep Snyder away?[

Yes. I am not thinking things through. I've posted who I'd want -- and you discount them with "would they even come here?"

We all agree that Snyder is the main problem, and Vinny is his yes man. Firing Vinny would send a message to the fans and the NFL Community that things are changing here.

Nothing will change until Vinny is fired. And a legitimate personnel guy who can build a team is brought in.

I think the redskins have a solid Vet QB in Campbell, developing offensive weapons and a young core D . All of this can be improved on . There are parts to work with . Sure the roof needs work but the Skins are an excellent first time/development opportunity where someone could build a significant legacy .

There is an issue though is I would actually like to keep the offense . The Lewis, Zorn etal play callers look like they have something going here, not to say I don't think other coaches couldn't come in and get as good if not better results, but every time we change it is for the worse .

Don't forget Vinny picked Drunkenmiller for the 49ers and the 49ers have not recovered yet and still need a decent quarterback. If Vinny is so talented to some on this board then set him free to sign with the other 32 teams and let's see if any team hires him. After the damage here ESPN will not bring him back either. He likes to scout players so go let him scout for colleges. A real General Manager does a lot more than scouting. Real General Managers stay off the radio waves too.

What's worse that Drunkenmiller and JJ Stokes is San Fran's free agents like Charles Mann and Kevin Greene. Guys who were well past used up who got huge free agent contracts. FIFTEEN YEARS LATER the Redskins are doing the same thing with guys like Jason Taylor.

Vinny apologists UNITE! :doh:

What's worse that Drunkenmiller and JJ Stokes is San Fran's free agents like Charles Mann and Kevin Greene. Guys who were well past used up who got huge free agent contracts. FIFTEEN YEARS LATER the Redskins are doing the same thing with guys like Jason Taylor.

Vinny apologists UNITE! :doh:

And then there was this infatuation, Cerrato (and Snyder) were ready to sell the farm for this clown:

I can think of at least one other team with a more daunting offseason looming ahead: The Bears. Think about it. This team has no first- or second-round draft picks. And now they have to figure out what to do with Jay Cutler, who I'm happy to call the biggest trade or free agency bust of this season. (T.O. is close, but Buffalo gave up nothing to get him.) The guy's reckless. Every two good plays come with one terrible play. So they go into the offseason and they have to figure out how to work with a guy like this. To me, step one is limiting Cutler. Beef up that line. Get the running game going. Take away 10 passes per game from Cutler. And change that gunslinger attitude. The guy's volatile and he could be a coach-killer. If Lovie Smith makes it into 2010, he's got a coach-killer to deal with. What a headache.

Thank GOD McDaniel wanted Orton over Campbell.

Nobody is letting anybody off the hook in my family.

There has been a ban on redskins gear in my household for quite some time, and that will continue until Vinny is gone, or Dan sells the team.

Personally, though, I'm tired of complaining about how poorly this team is run. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it except make the choice that the Redskins are not important to me right now, which I have done.

The only thing the fans can do is stop going to the games, and that isn't happening on a large enough scale to create wholesale change high enough in the organization. Dan might reduce vendors at the games, and let go of a few parking lot attendants, but it will be full speed ahead in the off-season. I can't wait:doh:

Personally, though, I'm tired of complaining about how poorly this team is run. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it except make the choice that the Redskins are not important to me right now, which I have done.

I posted something like this in the "Manifesto" Thread.

Look, it's obvious this team will be bad to mediocre for a very long time. We have no indication that Snyder is going to hire a real football guy and take a step back.

We as fans can do nothing about this, we are powerless, Snyder could care less about us. Sure we can stop buying merchandise, but Snyder is a marketing genius, he'll find a way to make the money.

We can also stop going to games, however this will not change anything either. Snyder ticketing goons will sell to brokers in the opposing teams region/market.

I will always love the Redskins, I'm a 3rd generation fan, however I'm willing to accept the fact that my favorite team's best moments are in the past and will never be in the future.

The bottom line is we need an experienced, knowledgeable, proven football executive who can put together a team (Eric DeCosta of Baltimore, anyone?) who will act as a watchdog when Danny falls in love with what he thinks is a franchise quarterback, another team's superstars or one of those sexy picks, while ignoring the team's glaring needs. These last few weeks notwithstanding, Vinny just isn't that guy.

Archived